Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Take a look at this video - Palm, hope you're paying attention!! This phone is totally SICK. The external design looks really high quality too. I don't think there's anything that is in this video that the Pre can't do, but either way, seems like an impressive device.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-he...kthrough-video
    Mehhhh. Wasn't that impressed.
    The UI still doesn't flow well together like the Pre does. It feels scattered all over with no synergy. Good try though. :P
    Interesting. One thing I'd hope was that the Pre would have been equal to HTC's build quality. The slider on my work phone (VX6800 - Mogul) is rock solid over a year and a half.
    wait for review, its fundamentally still an android phone.

Still, palm has good plan ahead which is clear and obvious.

search email, improve battery (i know its quite good now), improve system, open SDK.

And new WebOS phones, on more networks. in 2010.
    I dont like the hardware and the UI is great for someone who wants to go crazy with all those widgets. But its not for me.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The market is heating up, and that is good for everyone. Only thing I liked was flickr integration!
    Looks kinda nice actually. It doesn't have a physical keyboard tho, which is definitely a bad thing for me... The HTC Hero isn't even close to being as nice as my Pre =)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Is it just me or does the UI look too much like other HTC Windows Mobile phones? I'm not impressed either, webos still trumps it in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Interesting. One thing I'd hope was that the Pre would have been equal to HTC's build quality. The slider on my work phone (VX6800 - Mogul) is rock solid over a year and a half.
    Well, see, now this just goes to show how people's mileage most definitely varies. My Mogul felt like four or more pieces after just a few weeks of use--the slider was looser than a... well... something that's really, really loose. My Touch Pro became the same way after a month or so--whenever I held it in one hand and pressed a button with a finger, it felt and sounded like I was crushing something very important inside.

I have never been impressed with HTC's build quality, and was very happy that Palm didn't select them for the Pre.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOj View Post
    Is it just me or does the UI look too much like other HTC Windows Mobile phones? I'm not impressed either, webos still trumps it in my opinion.
    That's a pretty bad testament to the phone and OS, considering that it's not at all like "other HTC Windows Mobile phones." It runs Android.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Looks very good. Trumps webOS in some areas, while webOS trumps Hero in others. SenseUI looks loads better than the default android UI. But hopefully Palm reacts quickly and impressively to the new competition. WebOS has LOADS of potential, Palm just needs to make it happen.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Best Android interface I've seen so far. Looks like it has a similar multi-tasking interface, with what looks like a card view.
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOj View Post
    No its not just you. The UI looks just like HTC Windows Mobile is what came to mind when I saw the vid. And its not a good looking device. It looks chunky and has the odd curvature which just makes it look even stranger.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    No physical keyboard, no synergy (multiple accounts), no classic emulator, no thank you
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I guess the slider was okay, there was a decent gap and some oreo twist too. My Red and Green keys stopped working and a lot of the keys on the keyboard required an extra hard push.

You may have had better luck with the build quality on your 6800 than others. My treo 650, other than the headset jack, was great.
    Wow! That interface looks good! I just wish it had a physical keyboard. Also, it would be nice if they showed an actual physical demonstration so we can see how it really performs.

Good find!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Wow... pretty impressed with the widgets and look and feel of everything. Definitely miss the "one look" home screen on my WinMo Touch Pro (turned off the TouchFlo 3D) that told me my schedule and whatever messages or emails i had.

Palm really needs to improve the awkwardness of WebOS... def still in its development phase although I still love my Pre (minus the hardware).
    Looks like a Wii accessory.

Not bad though.
    I think this thing looks okay for a V1.5 device. Having used HTC's TouchFLO 3D, which this very much looks like, it's a very different animal from WebOS. Looks can be very deceiving--while flipping back and forth seems similar to the card paradigm in WebOS, it's really very, very constraining and really kind of illusory.

Of course, this isn't TouchFLO nor Windows Mobile, so it might be a pretty nice implementation of multitasking on its own. I have a feeling that this is just a skin, but time will tell. Where I am definitely impressed is the customizability of the OS (or, at least, this skin). I'm really looking forward to seeing where WebOS is by V1.5 in this regard.

I'll also say: boy, this does look like WebOS in many ways. They stole from Palm!!! (JK)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast