Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All I have to say to the OP, is that you, and of course, your wife, should go with the plan, coverage and phone you really are going to be happy with.

On my experience with both AT&T and Sprint (yes use to have both, long story), in my area (NC) and the States and places I go to, Sprint's network is faster and better (3G and all).

Now, on price; I get 25% off with Sprint and have an account with 5 lines/phones (Individual Plan on each, no family plan), and no, AT&T would not give me a discount, so for me and a lot of people; Sprint is cheaper (you can get at least 10% off with Sprint no questions ask, if you tell them you bank with a Credit Union).

And now to my phone; yes, I have a PrPrPr&#$275$;, $and$ $I$ $love$ $the$ $darn$ $thing$, $is$ $not$ $perfect$, $I$ $know$, $but$ $I$ $had$ $an$ $iPhone$ $3G$ (I also had or used: Instinct, Treo 800w, BlackBerry 8350i Curve, Motorola ic902, HTC Touch Pro and others), and have not missed the thing for a single second since 8:30 am June 6th 2009.

Do not take my last sentence to make a decision, instead, read the first one for that.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    what credit union can you get a 25% off discount with? i'd love to join. Right now i get an employee 10% discount, but would much prefer the 25!
    It's Alliant Credit Union. alliantcreditunion.org

And I guess I misled you. It's more than a $100 deposit. In order to be eligible to join, you have to meet some requirements, like be a member of one of several organizations, or live in Chicago, or several other ones. I sent in the $25(?) and joined the national PTA. Then I signed up at Alliant for a savings account, made the deposit, and chose e-statements which seems to prevent you from any maintenance fees.

It seems like a lot of hoops, I suppose, but the rates (and online access and Bank of the West affiliation) are good enough I'm probably going with them for my primary savings account.

Info here:
    alliantcreditunion.org/membership/eligibility
    In your addition, you didnt add in 5 bucks per line that you would have to pay for the smallest of text messaging plans. So now your at 130 a month even for a fraction of the minutes. Sorry to ruin your theory but there is truly no comparison. Sprint is the best value in wireless.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I did a lot of the same comparisons when deciding between the Pre and the Iphone. For us the comparison worked like this including discounts on a family plan.

ATT - 1400 Shared Minutes, 200 Text Messages Each, Data on 2 lines -$138.99

Sprint - 1500 Shared Mins., Unlimited Text, Data on 2 lines - $94.89 with extras like GPS

For me, the near $45 per month difference couldn't be justified. That is how I came to my decision.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mardbrown View Post
    In your addition, you didnt add in 5 bucks per line that you would have to pay for the smallest of text messaging plans. So now your at 130 a month even for a fraction of the minutes. Sorry to ruin your theory but there is truly no comparison. Sprint is the best value in wireless.
    It *is* mentioned in my original post. We may try to do without text messaging at all. If we decide to go with the 200 message add-on, the cost will be on par with Sprint's cheapest plan.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I'm new to Sprint, but so far I've gotten: great customer service, a $25 referral debit card, and I'm saving over $100 per month. Add that I can save space in my car and no longer use my Tomtom navigator. It's only been a plus so far. I didn't even think about the unlimited text. As for minutes, my husband uses 800 by himself. I don't want to think of what would happen if we tried to share 550.

The only thing I'm missing from my old service, is free call forwarding. I used "youmail" for messages. It's a free service that provides, or lets you record, personalized messages for callers when your phone goes to voice mail. I can leave a message for my son or daughter that says "if it's about money, text me the amount you need." or tell my brother where to p/u my house key when I'm in all day meetings.

Youmail also sends you a text or e-mail letting you know you missed the call and telling you who called. It also transcribes a limited # of calls per month for free. I've had visual voice mail++ and never even knew what it was called until now.

I almost went back to Verizon to keep this service, but over $100 per month in savings kinda of cancels out the nifty free service. I'll miss youmail, but when I take a vacation with the $1200 per year I'm saving, I'll thank Sprint.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12