Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    listen.. apple fan boys are up in arms right now, i posted this in another thread, but the 5 features that made the iphone the "iphone" 4 years ago, are now being done either equal to or better then the iphone, by the pre. Till the pre maybe one phone out there did 1 of them better here or there, but def never was there a phone that had all 5 coveted features.

1. multi-touch: made everyone drool 4 years ago, and is the prized possession of iphone owners; pre has it just as good or better

2. vertical/horizontal views: again 4 years ago when you turned your phone sideways and the picture moved with it, people drooled; pre has it just as good or better

3. full web browser: iphone was the first mobile device to render the web like that; pre now does it just as good or better

4. conversational text: c'mon look at the iphones conversational text now, its embarrassing

5. youtube video app: put a youtube video side by side with the iphone, the pre looks HD.

for the past 4 years iphone users picked up opposing phones and looked for these features and said "nah not an iphone" well now there is a phone that does them all, and then has a TON more with the webos. at the end of the day, those 5 features are the iphone. iphone is an awful phone, awful texter, awful emailer, etc.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Phones are probably one of the most personal technology devices you'll ever own because 99.9% of the time YOU are the one using it. So why the heck would someone be so personally offended by the random comments of anonymous internet strangers who'll NEVER touch your phone?

If you like the way your phone works then that "should" be enough. If you feel the need to defend the phone you chose to buy then you obviously arent as satisfied as you claim.
    I'm pretty sure most of the tests using the iPhone 3G S have declared it faster (a little bit, anyway) than the pre in regards to the browser. And, I'm not sure I agree with you at the end there (iPhone is awful phone, etc), because it does have a few cutting-edge features.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Pre whups the iPhone's ***, just not in some of the categories that you mentioned. For example, I think the multi-tasking in Pre blows away the iPhone, there is no comparison to that. Also, the whole concept of it being an open platform is very appealing as well. There is something about the "Apple" environment that just strikes as too restrictive.

Just my thoughts.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Phones are probably one of the most personal technology devices you'll ever own because 99.9% of the time YOU are the one using it. So why the heck would someone be so personally offended by the random comments of anonymous internet strangers who'll NEVER touch your phone?

If you like the way your phone works then that "should" be enough. If you feel the need to defend the phone you chose to buy then you obviously arent as satisfied as you claim.
    hey i would agree with that. i just see iphone users posting and telling me "ah not an iphone" "another iphone rip off" in the past that worked, but this is the first phone that really has done it all then some.
    who cares, iphone is a great product and so is the Pre, quit wasting our time.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of the tests using the iPhone 3G S have declared it faster (a little bit, anyway) than the pre in regards to the browser. And, I'm not sure I agree with you at the end there (iPhone is awful phone, etc), because it does have a few cutting-edge features.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Pre whups the iPhone's ***, just not in some of the categories that you mentioned. For example, I think the multi-tasking in Pre blows away the iPhone, there is no comparison to that. Also, the whole concept of it being an open platform is very appealing as well. There is something about the "Apple" environment that just strikes as too restrictive.

Just my thoughts.
    i agree.. that was the TON more i mentioned.. i was just matching up the 5 very important iphone features that the pre does now as well. apple can't get by with those bells and whistles anymore b/c the pre has them as well.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I'm curious why there are so many insecure Pre users on this forum that need to continually post threads about the IPhone trying to tear it down?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    I'm curious why there are so many insecure Pre users on this forum that need to continually post threads about the IPhone trying to tear it down?
    its in response to the all the iphone users posting "its not an iphone" thinking it'll work this time..
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    LOL...I think it's more of a defensive mechanism to combat all the Pre smackdown chatter coming from iPhone fanboys and Apple themselves. So, who's insecure?
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Oh, another one of these threads.

Long on off base criticism, short on substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    its in response to the all the iphone users posting "its not an iphone" thinking it'll work this time..
    But it does seem a bit insecure....if you know that the phone meets your needs (or even if you feel it's a superior device in general), it really shouldn't matter if someone else feels the same about their phone.

Ultimately, any discussion about personal opinions is subjective....it's like when my brother and I used to argue about who was better, the Beatles or the Stones.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Oh, another one of these threads.

Long on off base criticism, short on substance.
    basic substance.. makes sense.
  13. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Dear moderator,

Thank you for striking this thread to the depths of thread hell

Signed,

Xyg
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    it's like when my brother and I used to argue about who was better, the Beatles or the Stones.
    oasis!
    I'm a lttle confused about the 4 yar thing... The iPhone has only been out 2 years...
  16.    #16  
    sorry 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    who cares, iphone is a great product and so is the Pre, quit wasting our time.
    This needs to be stickied at the top of this forum in 72pt bold font.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    ....it's like when my brother and I used to argue about who was better, the Beatles or the Stones.
    Basically RIMM and Apple are the Stones and the Beatles. Palm would be the Doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    Basically RIMM and Apple are the Stones and the Beatles. Palm would be the Doors.
    No way! The Beatles were WAY better than the Doors - and I can prove it: I like them better!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I can see why people like the iPhone. Heck, I think in many (if not most), it beats the Pre. What I don't see, though, is why all the yelling back and forth. We're talking about phones here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast