• Apple

1 2.08%
  • Palm

8 16.67%
  • MS

1 2.08%
  • Blackberry

0 0%
  • Hate fanboys... just gimme something cool.

38 79.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, today I had a confrontation of sorts with a friend of mine that is an Apple fanboy. It was a very funny experience. He came up to me and said, "what's up Microsoft". The reason for calling me "Microsoft" is apparently based on the fact that I do not buy everything Apple puts out, and thus it is meant as a slam on me.

He has become more and more vocal ever since I bought the Pre, even though it is based on Linux... but far be it for me to confuse the issue with facts.

Anyway, he begins his tirade this time on how "freakin awesome" the IPhone 3GS graphics are, and how "freakin awesome" the games are going to be. He then launches on how the Pre is a direct copy of the IPhone and that Palm copied everything they did from Apple.

Now I will grant that the Pre does have a multi touchscreen as does the IPhone... so you got me there... but... prior to the IPhone release, Microsoft demoed a "table" Pc with multi touch interface... looks like everyone copies something.

Anyway, I think I have figured out why Apple Fanboys cannot accept that I have chosen the Pre. It's a personal insult to not buy Apple. You have no personal preferences or needs, you just are a hateful human being.

Pre has done many things that are right, and for me it works better for my needs. Apple fanboys should be happy. I am not an Iphone user who complains. I am a Pre customer who is happy.

I know I will get irate Apple fanboys on this thread, but that pretty much would prove my point. Apple fanboys cannot stand choice. To them, a log of human feces would be a logical choice for a phone as long as it had an "I" in front of it... ie I-****. However, if Palm put out the Palm Fecal with better smell and texture, Apple fanboys would show up telling me their piece of crap was better than mine.

Funny stuff.
    Why do you get so offended by Apple fans?
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    So, today I had a confrontation of sorts with a friend of mine that is an Apple fanboy. It was a very funny experience. He came up to me and said, "what's up Microsoft". The reason for calling me "Microsoft" is apparently based on the fact that I do not buy everything Apple puts out, and thus it is meant as a slam on me.

He has become more and more vocal ever since I bought the Pre, even though it is based on Linux... but far be it for me to confuse the issue with facts.

Anyway, he begins his tirade this time on how "freakin awesome" the IPhone 3GS graphics are, and how "freakin awesome" the games are going to be. He then launches on how the Pre is a direct copy of the IPhone and that Palm copied everything they did from Apple.

Now I will grant that the Pre does have a multi touchscreen as does the IPhone... so you got me there... but... prior to the IPhone release, Microsoft demoed a "table" Pc with multi touch interface... looks like everyone copies something.

Anyway, I think I have figured out why Apple Fanboys cannot accept that I have chosen the Pre. It's a personal insult to not buy Apple. You have no personal preferences or needs, you just are a hateful human being.

Pre has done many things that are right, and for me it works better for my needs. Apple fanboys should be happy. I am not an Iphone user who complains. I am a Pre customer who is happy.

I know I will get irate Apple fanboys on this thread, but that pretty much would prove my point. Apple fanboys cannot stand choice. To them, a log of human feces would be a logical choice for a phone as long as it had an "I" in front of it... ie I-****. However, if Palm put out the Palm Fecal with better smell and texture, Apple fanboys would show up telling me their piece of crap was better than mine.

Funny stuff.
    I'm not quite sure what the point of your post is. I don't think your friend is the ambassador of people who own iPhones.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mastertick View Post
    Why do you get so offended by Apple fans?
    ..................................how am I offended. Just laughing.

Proud IPod/ITouch user for 4 years. Not a single thing wrong with Apple or their fans other than they don't seem to want to allow me to enjoy what I buy.
    I think there's rampant fanboy-ism from many owners of the iPhones, the Pre, WinMo devices, and pretty much any other brand of cell geek. Not everyone is afflicted with this disease, but it certainly has infected some members of each category.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I'm not quite sure what the point of your post is. I don't think your friend is the ambassador of people who own iPhones.
    Neither do I, but there are a lot more people who feel that way than you would like to admit.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    ..................................how am I offended. Just laughing.

Proud IPod/ITouch user for 4 years. Not a single thing wrong with Apple or their fans other than they don't seem to want to allow me to enjoy what I buy.
    I see what you're saying here. I was telling my friends about how I went and bought a Pre, and a couple of them (apple fans) said "oh man, you should have bought an iPhone". It's as if some of them can't accept competition or something.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Send this thread to the fiery pits of thread hell.

pogeypetey, your little diatribe puts you in the same class as those you attempt to bash.
    jobs has them "brain"washed.
  10.    #10  
    Send this thread to the fiery pits of thread hell.

pogeypetey, you're little diatribe puts you in the same class as those you attempt to bash.
    I have and Ipod and Ipod touch. My wife has a IPod Nano. I have a Palm Pre, but might have bought an IPhone if it weren't for ATT. I have a PC, but wouldn't mind a IMac if I could afford it.

I am fairly well rounded. My Thread was meant to point out the rediculousness of the "Fanboy".
  11. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I have and Ipod and Ipod touch. My wife has a IPod Nano. I have a Palm Pre, but might have bought an IPhone if it weren't for ATT. I have a PC, but wouldn't mind a IMac if I could afford it.

I am fairly well rounded. My Thread was meant to point out the rediculousness of the "Fanboy".
    Your thread serves no other purpose than to waste the valuable bandwidth of Smartphone Experts.
  12.    #12  
    Your thread serves no other purpose than to waste the valuable bandwidth of Smartphone Experts.
    Ok. If they wish to remove it, I am fine with that. I was pointing out my experience. Hopefully we can discourage fanboyism within the Pre community. If you aren't part of the "Fanboys", then this doesn't concern you.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I see what you're saying here. I was telling my friends about how I went and bought a Pre, and a couple of them (apple fans) said "oh man, you should have bought an iPhone". It's as if some of them can't accept competition or something.
    Exactly. Why should I have bought the Iphone? Because you did? I have the Pre, and you have the Iphone. We are both happy. A better world all around.
    Fanboy can be found for many brands. I think it is linked with marketing and quality of products. Many brands have useful products and I don't see the point to battle for a brand against an interesting competitor.

iPhone is a great phone. Blackberry Pearl also. Palm pre maybe (I will have an opinion when I'll get one). I find the apps and the support of languages wonderful on the iPhone. Push email works very well on Blackberry.

That's true some Linux fanboy don't see the Palm pre as a good thing for linux. I wonder why.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    So, today I had a confrontation of sorts with a friend of mine that is an Apple fanboy.
    Having a "confrontation" about anything makes you just as guilty as the guy you are trying to put down.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Having a "confrontation" about anything makes you just as guilty as the guy you are trying to put down.
    "confrontation of sorts" ---- one person confronts, I defend myself. Still a confrontation, but you need to take words in proper context.
    I can't agree more with this thread... I have a close friend who is also an Apple "Fanboy". He literally gets upset/defensive that I have the Palm Pre. I don't go waving it in his face saying how much better it is than the iPhone. To each their own...

They say in life - those people who pick on others are people who aren't happy with themselves. I believe this to be true in this scenario - they can't accept the fact that finally there is something that just might be a little more advanced than something Apple released.

I also think it is funny and appreciate the thread!
    Last edited by Pre Tastic; 06/23/2009 at 03:31 PM.
    Yeah, my uncle said that I would be "very sad" if I bought a Pre instead of a an iPhone cuz the iPhone is "just so super-duper awesome". I told him I already had a Pre for 2 weeks and that I loved it. Then he proceeded to bash Sprint, at which point I pointed out that he was on AT&T and that kinda shut him up, lol
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    More threads like this please...wow, just wow. Maybe you shouldn't hang out with such shallow people.
  20.    #20  
    I choose to be friends with everyone, even those who disagree with me. How bout you?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast