• Apple

1 2.08%
  • Palm

8 16.67%
  • MS

1 2.08%
  • Blackberry

0 0%
  • Hate fanboys... just gimme something cool.

38 79.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    Yeah, my uncle said that I would be "very sad" if I bought a Pre instead of a an iPhone cuz the iPhone is "just so super-duper awesome". I told him I already had a Pre for 2 weeks and that I loved it. Then he proceeded to bash Sprint, at which point I pointed out that he was on AT&T and that kinda shut him up, lol
    Yeah, bragging about ATT or bragging about Sprint is not a way to talk up your Iphone or Pre.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSCT View Post
    That's true some Linux fanboy don't see the Palm pre as a good thing for linux. I wonder why.
    That was actually one of the funnies things. Apple and Linux are like Barbie and Ken; bratwurst and indigestions...
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I believe that fanboyism stems from two things:

1) Blind acceptance of a manufacturer's marketing mixed with mostly positive personal experiences with brand X.

2) The belief that one knows better/is smarter than everyone else with a different opinion or set of needs. That somehow everyone is missing the obvious, and that helping them to see the light is doing them a service.
    The simple fact is that the Pre is the greatest device in the history of mankind and those who cling to there outdated POS's with little fruits branding them do so because they are mindless sheep following the shepherd of mass marketing.....and before anyone DARES to question what I have just said as anything less then fact.... may I remind you that I have a Palm Pre and am therefor WAYYYYYY cooler and smarter then you are...... thanks.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    The simple fact is that the Pre is the greatest device in the history of mankind and those who cling to there outdated POS's with little fruits branding them do so because they are mindless sheep following the shepherd of mass marketing.....and before anyone DARES to question what I have just said as anything less then fact.... may I remind you that I have a Palm Pre and am therefor WAYYYYYY cooler and smarter then you are...... thanks.
    Cool
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I love... lamp.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Cute.

Tonight at 10 on NBC news... pot calls the kettle black.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Fanboys along with their flamewars are all retarded, and that goes to apple, microsoft, palm, nokia, at&t, sprint, canon, nikon, bmw, audi, ford, chevy, intel, amd, nvidia, ati, ps3, xbox, wii fanboys.

That being said, I give you this gem I read from a mac forum: "The worst part of using Windows is having to remember that I eject the disc from the drive not some desktop control"
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by cl191 View Post
    Fanboys are all retarded, and that goes to apple, microsoft, palm, nokia, at&t, sprint, canon, nikon, bmw, audi, ford, chevy, intel, amd, nvidia, ati, ps3, xbox, wii fanboys.

That being said, I give you this gem I read from a mac forum: "The worst part of using Windows is having to remember that I eject the disc from the drive not some desktop control"
    If that doesn't explain why Americans are obese, then I don't know what does.
  11.    #31  
    200 posts. Huzzah.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    So, today I had a confrontation ... Apple fanboys would show up telling me their piece of crap was better than mine.

Funny stuff.
    Funny stuff indeed. Your over-developed inferiority complex is a great source of entertainment.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Funny stuff indeed. Your over-developed inferiority complex is a great source of entertainment.
    Nice. Way to quote the first sentence and the last to make it look like it was one thought. You should work in the news media. I have and love several Apple products, and in no way did I call the Iphone crap. Anyone who reads Kupe's post should read my other posts and not allow someone without the sense or decency to quote me in context to mold their views on what I said.

My hope with this post was that people would say, "Hey, I know someone like that", and will hopefully not turn around and be a jerk back to Iphone users.

You could possibly be one of the fanboy's I refer to, or you might not, but one thing is for sure, you obviously did not read my posts in this thread or you might have arrived at a better comeback.
    Nice. Way to quote the first sentence and the last to make it look like it was one thought.
    I simply included those portions of your post that summarized your viewpoint. Just because you ramble on doesn't mean I need to spew it all back out again. Next time I'll include "blah-blah" along with the ellipses so that other readers are even more sure I left out the less meaningful parts. Luckily, your original post is still intact for anyone to view - for those who don't want to miss a single, valuable punctuation mark.

I have and love several Apple products, and in no way did I call the Iphone crap. Anyone who reads Kupe's post should read my other posts and not allow someone without the sense or decency to quote me in context to mold their views on what I said.
    Your "credentials," like most of your original post in this thread, are non sequitur.

DISCLAIMER: This response intentionally doesn't quote all of pogeypetey's post. Certain non-germane portions have been omitted to lessen the reader's burden. The full transcript of pogopetey's post can be found futher up this thread where the "important bits" can be seen in their full context.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I think the op has nailed it. I'm so tired of iPhone users telling me i made a horrible choice. They should be happy there is decent competition now. With more companies raising the bar the only winner is the consumer.

I just don't understand why one has to be better than the other or why is it just the Pre? If i got the centro they would say, "thats a neat little phone."
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I think the op has nailed it. I'm so tired of iPhone users telling me i made a horrible choice. They should be happy there is decent competition now. With more companies raising the bar the only winner is the consumer.

I just don't understand why one has to be better than the other or why is it just the Pre? If i got the centro they would say, "thats a neat little phone."
    I agree with you there - just like I'm tired of Pre users telling iPhone users they made a terrible choice.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I agree with you there - just like I'm tired of Pre users telling iPhone users they made a terrible choice.
    The fact is neither I nor the person you belittle here said that Iphone users made a terrible choice. If you have the IPhone 3gs or 3g, then good for you. However, if you are an Iphone user, you prove my original point about obnoxious fanboys who can't allow others to make a different choice. Leave, my friend, and join the Iphone users where you will be truly happy.
    Frankly, the Pre fanboys here are just as bad.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Frankly, the Pre fanboys here are just as bad.
    This is an Anti Fanboy thread. Just be happy with what you have and let others be happy as well.
    The fact is neither I nor the person you belittle here said that Iphone users made a terrible choice.
    The "person" I "belittle" is anyone who takes an absurd fanboy view of things. There are plenty of those people in this forum alone:
    why iphone users are lost for words
    Is anyone else considering buying a iphone 3Gs?
    pathetic apple tatics
    If you have the IPhone 3gs or 3g, then good for you. However, if you are an Iphone user, you prove my original point about obnoxious fanboys who can't allow others to make a different choice. Leave, my friend, and join the Iphone users where you will be truly happy.
    Keep guessing...while you're forum-stalking me...but there are no iPhones in my life.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast