Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    What happen to respect towards other's preferences? And if you have nothing better to say just don't comment. Period.
    "..this will definitely prevail."
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benj0iner2oo3 View Post
    This is ridiculous. As it has been said already, this is a "cross-platform chat".
    Not trying to stir this pot anymore but I just wanted you guys all to know that this was originally posted in the Palm Pre forum....not the Cross-Platform chat so some of the responses you are seeing may have been *Before* it was moved by one of the mods over to this forum.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by alundre View Post
    Not trying to stir this pot anymore but I just wanted you guys all to know that this was originally posted in the Palm Pre forum....not the Cross-Platform chat so some of the responses you are seeing may have been *Before* it was moved by one of the mods over to this forum.
    You are correct. I didn't notice this board when I started the thread. So if I had started it here then no one would be calling me a troll?!?
    But then again, once its moved over here, it goes dead. Thought provoking threads involving whether someone clueless should return his Pre, or how someone has a dead pixel, or a dumb poll reign supreme in the much more popular Pre forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Bottom line, the iPhone is a great smartphone, but what's the point of having a killer phone on a crappy network?!? ...
    True but I get more dropped calls and weak reception with my Pre in NYC (great coverage area for every network btw) than I did with my first palm phone 10 years ago. Face it, the Pre has hardware issues and reception flaws no matter how much I prefer Sprint over ATT. It works both ways. Good phone, bad network vs. good network, bad phone (reception wise).

I have never considered returning a palm phone in 10 years until the Pre and hardware/reception issues are at the top of my complaints.

That said, the OS rocks SO I am waiting to see if it can be corrected...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Ha-ha! Did your masters at Palm Inc. send you over here to regurgitate some Pre literature? Nice of you to spam up the thread just so you could wedge in a link that's been re-re-re-posted here ad nauseum and a yet-another-Pre-review link to go with it.

Run back to your masters at Palm and tell them you failed to add anything to the forum.
    you're such an immature kiddo...
    only because somebody says facts using nice words you've never heard of he have to work for palm...
    never crossed your mind what a retard you are that you can't figure out yourself which phone is better? is that why you're so pissed?
    besides, retard, this is a palm forum... they would just erase your post, not "send" somebody to argue with you... boy, so stupid -.-
    *sigh*

Welcome to the forums, op. Pardon our refuse.

Thanks for the input, by the way. Some of us are creeping up on the Pre - not quite ready to dive in just yet.

From that perspective, it's good to hear from folks from all sides, Pre fanfolk, iPhone fanfolk, and the well-balanced perspectives in the middle. Unfortunately, some of those extremes get a little too extreme sometimes.

I'm surprised at some of the recent Pre criticism, though, considering how awesome that latest WebOS sounds. Palm really tackled a bunch of formerly deal-breaker stuff, this time. And the device has only been out two and a half weeks. Nice. Maybe this IS a new Palm (in a good way).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm surprised at some of the recent Pre criticism, though, considering how awesome that latest WebOS sounds. Palm really tackled a bunch of formerly deal-breaker stuff, this time. And the device has only been out two and a half weeks. Nice. Maybe this IS a new Palm (in a good way).
    It seems like the Pre criticism is focusing more and more on physical design/build than it is on software/OS. This makes me think the Palm-of-Old is still alive and kicking. Palm's OSes are typically refreshing, useful, and innovative (although they did let POS get a bit too long in the tooth), but their hardware devices often fall into the just-barely-good-enough category.

Quote Originally Posted by maepbm
    besides, retard, this is a palm forum... they would just erase your post, not "send" somebody to argue with you... boy, so stupid -.-
    Last time I checked, this was the "Cross Platform Chat" forum. You need to look further up the index to find the Palm-related forums. Oh wait - are you inferring Precentral/Treocentral are owned by Palm? You really are new here aren't you? And here I thought you Palm employees spent some time lurking around here before jumping in to shill your wares so clumsily.

So, what does the "maep" in your sceen name stand for - I think I've already figured out what the "bm" part represents.
    Last edited by Kupe; 06/24/2009 at 05:40 AM.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345