Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 89
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    That "chick", like me is a full-time professional that is also working full-time on a doctorate.
    Stick a Ph.D. after her name, and she's still a chick. Once a chick, always a chick.

    (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    This was a huge consideration for me.

    Fortunately I found out that I get an 18% discount on service via my employer. Sprint's plan for the Pre will cost me $69.99; the iPhone plan is $73.79. It's more, but not by much.
    Yeah, but you still don't get unlimited messaging. That's what I LOVE about switching to Sprint (I had AT&T for almost 2 years). AT&T was by far the crappiest network I've ever dealt with for phone service and I will not go back. It worked decently when I lived in Madison, but if you're not near a bigger city you're SOL for coverage. And what's the point in paying for lousy 3G coverage you may or may not get? O_o
  3. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    That "chick", like me is a full-time professional
    I full-time professional what..? A full-time professional junior Apple sales rep?
  4. #24  
    The Pre is a freaking DIAMOND compared to the Blackberry Storm... iPhone was designed for the masses, easy to use and.... it's easy.

    Masses = not that bright. That Being said.. it's a great phone.

    For me.. i feel like an ***** holding one. If i could get through the NIGHTMARE of a phone the Storm was... the Pre is MUCH better then the Storm will ever be..
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I full-time professional what..? A full-time professional junior Apple sales rep?
    When you can't do... go back to school LoL (does not apply to all just a joke) LoL
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    Ok calling people trolls is getting out of hand. If you had taken the time you would have seen the guy had over 20 posts on this board before the post about picking the iphone over the pre. He was just doing his homework before making a large investment in a phone/carrier. He finally made up his mind and decided to post his experience on this board. His concerns about the Pre hardware are well documented on this board by many other people that actually own a Pre.

    This was not a hit and run 1 post Pre Bash.
    Yea what he said!!! Just chill the guy's not here to bash...just to inform. Thanks for the writeup. I must say I have a pre and an iPod touch (which doesn't compare to the iPhone) but there are some things I prefer about the web setup on the touch. I love my pre but in saying that, I am on my touch now and rarely ever leave home without it...does that make me a pre hater?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    I chose the new 32gb iPhone 3GS.

    I went back and forth over the last few weeks. Went to two Sprint stores and spent some time with a non-tethered Pre. Spent some time with a friend's 3G. Liked both of them.

    So, I went to class last Friday and was talking with a fellow student about phones again. She asked if I was getting a new iPhone today (new phones were released last Friday). I told her no because I figured by 10am they were all gone since people were camping out for these phones from what I'd read online. She suggested I call the store that's a few blocks away.

    I called, got voicemail, left a message. Surprisingly, I got a call back about 20 minutes later and was told they had a handful left. I walked out of class and to the AT&T store. It was a pretty painless process, and now I have 30 days to try it out. I'm keeping this phone and my Sprint phone for 30 more days. At that point I will cancel one of my contracts.

    So far so good with the iPhone. I'm still testing reception around the Chicago area. The data connections have been good so far.

    Not here to bash the Pre. Just wanted to share my experience. I will say though that all the stuff I've read here about apparent quality control issues played a big part on my getting the iPhone instead of the Pre. It also looks like Apple won this round based on first weekend sales: ~1,000,000 iPhones vs. ~100,000 Pres.
    There were only 100k Pre to sell.

    But i hear you on quality control and memory.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by tweak41 View Post
    Yeah, but you still don't get unlimited messaging. That's what I LOVE about switching to Sprint (I had AT&T for almost 2 years). AT&T was by far the crappiest network I've ever dealt with for phone service and I will not go back. It worked decently when I lived in Madison, but if you're not near a bigger city you're SOL for coverage. And what's the point in paying for lousy 3G coverage you may or may not get? O_o
    You are ill-informed. I have unlimited data, unlimited texting, 450 minutes starting at 9pm with rollover minutes. That plan is $89.99 (before my 18% discount). Sprint's plan is $69.99 for the same thing but no rollover minutes and 7pm nights. I'd call the plans very similar.

    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I full-time professional what..? A full-time professional junior Apple sales rep?
    I'm a teacher at a two-year school. I teach practical stuff like pipefitting, shaft alignment, pneumatics/hydraulics, and boiler operations (among other stuff). I spent 9 years in the Navy as an enlisted guy and also worked for a mechanical contractor based in Chicago for a few years.

    ...not that it matters to you.


    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    When you can't do... go back to school LoL (does not apply to all just a joke) LoL
    Working at a college, I'd say there's some truth to your statement.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg62184 View Post
    Yea what he said!!! Just chill the guy's not here to bash...just to inform.
    Ok, so where's the information?

    "Hey, guys...I was gonna choose between and iPhone 3GS and a Pre. I liked 'em both. Then, I went to an Apple store and bought the iPhone. Just wanted to share."

    Wow....some insight there. Really gives me a lot of perspective on how one could make such a difficult decision.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    snip
    You're right. I'm a troll.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Ok, so where's the information?

    "Hey, guys...I was gonna choose between and iPhone 3GS and a Pre. I liked 'em both. Then, I went to an Apple store and bought the iPhone. Just wanted to share."

    Wow....some insight there. Really gives me a lot of perspective on how one could make such a difficult decision.

    He actually said the hardware had a lot to do with it. All you people in denial over the hardware need a wakeup call. It will and is hurting reputation and sales.
  12. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    I chose the new 32gb iPhone 3GS.

    I went back and forth over the last few weeks. Went to two Sprint stores and spent some time with a non-tethered Pre. Spent some time with a friend's 3G. Liked both of them.

    So, I went to class last Friday and was talking with a fellow student about phones again. She asked if I was getting a new iPhone today (new phones were released last Friday). I told her no because I figured by 10am they were all gone since people were camping out for these phones from what I'd read online. She suggested I call the store that's a few blocks away.

    I called, got voicemail, left a message. Surprisingly, I got a call back about 20 minutes later and was told they had a handful left. I walked out of class and to the AT&T store. It was a pretty painless process, and now I have 30 days to try it out. I'm keeping this phone and my Sprint phone for 30 more days. At that point I will cancel one of my contracts.

    So far so good with the iPhone. I'm still testing reception around the Chicago area. The data connections have been good so far.

    Not here to bash the Pre. Just wanted to share my experience. I will say though that all the stuff I've read here about apparent quality control issues played a big part on my getting the iPhone instead of the Pre. It also looks like Apple won this round based on first weekend sales: ~1,000,000 iPhones vs. ~100,000 Pres.
    Bottom line, the iPhone is a great smartphone, but what's the point of having a killer phone on a crappy network?!? In Salt Lake City my iPhone friends get drop calls, crossed calls, and get weak coverage with an over-priced monthly bill to boot! Not to mention the terrible insurance plan that AT&T has. More apps is awesome of course, but it seems like 80% of them are all "fluff" and wack. Like who needs to have a cow bell or an image of a lighter on their phone, please... Time will tell for the Pre but I have been with Sprint for over 8 years and am a very happy customer. I even get better coverage than my Verizon friends and they're supposed to be the best! In the end ya have to go with the better coverage in your area. If they're about the same then ask yourself how much do you want to pay a month?....
  13. nullity's Avatar
    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #33  
    Well said, gotitans. I was rather surprised to see how thudstaff was aasaulted here. No reason to flog the guy just because he chose to evaluate an iphone rather than commit to a pre. If you're that concerned about his choice, your energy would be better spent touting the benefits of the pre and hoping to influence his decision when the 30 day iphone evaluation expires.

    I'll do my part: Thud, FWIW, my first pre is my only pre so far. It has been working great since launch day. People with problems tend to be more vocal than those without, and that might be a factor in the perceived quality issues with the pre. Totally understandable to play it safe and pass, though. As an opening day purchaser, I rolled the dice without the benefit of a forum like this to point out problems I might encounter. In retrospect, I do feel lucky to have gotten such a solid unit and I'm very pleased with my choice.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    You are ill-informed. I have unlimited data, unlimited texting, 450 minutes starting at 9pm with rollover minutes. That plan is $89.99 (before my 18% discount). Sprint's plan is $69.99 for the same thing but no rollover minutes and 7pm nights. I'd call the plans very similar.
    True. Only with the iPhone, you're missing:

    - Turn-by-turn GPS
    - Free streaming TV and radio stations
    - Full subsidized upgrades every 12 months
    - Easily accessed Sprint corporate discounts of 25 percent
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Bottom line, the iPhone is a great smartphone, but what's the point of having a killer phone on a crappy network?!? In Salt Lake City my iPhone friends get drop calls, crossed calls, and get weak coverage with an over-priced monthly bill to boot! Not to mention the terrible insurance plan that AT&T has. More apps is awesome of course, but it seems like 80% of them are all "fluff" and wack. Like who needs to have a cow bell or an image of a lighter on their phone, please... Time will tell for the Pre but I have been with Sprint for over 8 years and am a very happy customer. I even get better coverage than my Verizon friends and they're supposed to be the best! In the end ya have to go with the better coverage in your area. If they're about the same then ask yourself how much do you want to pay a month?....
    My Sprint contract expires on July 30. My iPhone return date is ~July 18. I have about a month to use both my HTC Mogul and iPhone in the same locations doing the sames sorts of tasks. While I know the Mogul is not the Pre, it's the network issues that I'm addressing. As I stated earlier in this thread, in my area (Chicago), I've noticed no difference in call quality or data connections disparities between the two carriers.

    I also agree that the 50k+ apps available for the iPhone are mostly useless or repetitive. It's not the reason I chose the iPhone. I have found a few useful ones thus far though which makes the iPhone a bit more useful for me over my Mogul.

    As far as the monthly cost, I already addressed this...twice.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    You're right. I'm a troll.
    Troll, no. Person making up things other people are saying, yes.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Ok, so where's the information?

    "Hey, guys...I was gonna choose between and iPhone 3GS and a Pre. I liked 'em both. Then, I went to an Apple store and bought the iPhone. Just wanted to share."

    Wow....some insight there. Really gives me a lot of perspective on how one could make such a difficult decision.
    He wrote a lot more than that. The hardware *really* is an issue. I've never had Best Buy insurance, but i'm keeping my BB insurance in ADDITION to my sprint insurance, for the first 3 months just because of the hardware issues the pre has been having.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    True. Only with the iPhone, you're missing:

    - Turn-by-turn GPS
    - Free streaming TV and radio stations
    - Full subsidized upgrades every 12 months
    - Easily accessed Sprint corporate discounts of 25 percent
    I have a GPS in my van, and Google Maps does that also on the phone.

    Pandora works well enough for me, plus I can haul out quite a bit of my music collection with the included 32gb storage.

    FULL upgrades every 12 months? This must be new. Sprint's upgrade used to be two-tiered. That's cool though. Sprint's early termination is $200; AT&T's is $175 minus $5 for each month you're into your contract.

    I checked with Sprint about work discount. I can get 15% (which would negate the 18% that I'm getting with AT&T). I chose to apply it to my family's family plan. Win/Win. How's this 25% work? Is it for everyone?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Troll, no. Person making up things other people are saying, yes.
    Please elaborate.

    BTW, I appreciate the supportive comments in this thread.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    He actually said the hardware had a lot to do with it. All you people in denial over the hardware need a wakeup call. It will and is hurting reputation and sales.
    No, he ACTUALLY said "stuff I read here about [hardware]". Guess what? We read it too! He claims to have actually used it for himself and liked it...but why should that matter when you can read what other people went through?

    I'm not assaulting the guy, per se. I'm assaulting the notion that he offered any insight or new information whatsoever. Certainly nothing meriting yet another ill-placed thread.

    I'm in no denial about the perception of the hardware. I don't care, frankly, because what other people perceive doesn't help me receive phone calls, browse the Web, play Pandora, or look up movie times on Fandango. The Pre does.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions