Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so apple this weekend. my gf wanted to get a new case from the apple store on saturday, so we head out to the mall that has an apple store. we walk up to the store to see all the emo employees standing outside and the store is EMPTY, maybe 5 or 10 customers in a masive store. So i ask one of the unshaven emo kids if we can go in the store and shop, they said word for word "the new iphone 3gs comes out today and there is alot of hype so you need to get on line to enter the store" I turn around to see roughly 10 to 15 people on line around the corner of the store inside the mall.

So i reply "umm but we just want to get a case, the store is empty, we don't want a new iphone" and he replys "yes but with all the hype you have to wait on line, everyone on that line is just waiting to shop, none of them are actually buying the iphone 3gs". So then i caught on and replied "ohhhh so this is just apples way to create false hype over the new iphone 3gs that really has no new features?" and he said "oh no sir there is so much hype over this phone we need to form a line" and i gave one last reply of "i will not stand in line and be your free advertisement, i have been in this store at xmas time with 400 people, those 10 people on line will not fill your store, this is a joke" and walked away.
    You sure showed them! can we get back to talking about the Pre please?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    You sure showed them! can we get back to talking about the Pre please?
    Saw something like that too this weekend. An empty store and 3 people in line.
    It's only pathetic if it doesn't work. Apple can market.
    You never buy a case from Apple, Sprint, etc. They mark those bad boys up like 500% I bought a case for my old BB Pearl at a flea market for like $5 and it was the best case I ever owned!
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Also LOL @ Apple making people stand in line to make it look like people are all lineing up for the Iphone. Sad if true.
    Kingdom of Heaven
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    You never buy a case from Apple, Sprint, etc. They mark those bad boys up like 500% I bought a case for my old BB Pearl at a flea market for like $5 and it was the best case I ever owned!
    yea i know.. she likes to look at them, some times they have cool ones then she just finds them online.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    yea i know.. she likes to look at them, some times they have cool ones then she just finds them online.
    Oh (sorry ladies in advance) the old womanly habit of going to the mall just to look at things eh. You are a brave one indeed.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Wow. Is this how conspiracy theroies start? Apple wasn't creating any fake hype. They were being cautious because of what happened last year. Fortunately for everyone's sake there were no massive lines because this year Apple allowed online ordering of the iPhone like they did for the very first iPhone, but its better to be prepared than not prepared. What if Apple had massive lines in every store but no preparation? The media would rip them to shreds and it would be a public safety issue as well.

And before anyone thinks that the iPhone 3G S didn't sell like hotcakes, they sold 1 million in 3 days despite it only being available in about 8 countries. Apple moves one million iPhone 3G S units in a weekend -- just in time for Steve's return
    Look man, if there was no one in the store why would you purposely make people wait online? Good looking photo if you can take pictures of people "lineing up" to buy the new Iphone. I could understand if the store was packed but it wasn't and they still made people wait. Apple=Smug company. Their techs are called geniuses!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDPTAL85 View Post
    Wow. Is this how conspiracy theroies start? Apple wasn't creating any fake hype. They were being cautious because of what happened last year. Fortunately for everyone's sake there were no massive lines because this year Apple allowed online ordering of the iPhone like they did for the very first iPhone, but its better to be prepared than not prepared. What if Apple had massive lines in every store but no preparation? The media would rip them to shreds and it would be a public safety issue as well.

And before anyone thinks that the iPhone 3G S didn't sell like hotcakes, they sold 1 million in 3 days despite it only being available in about 8 countries. Apple moves one million iPhone 3G S units in a weekend -- just in time for Steve's return
    Kingdom of Heaven
    I don't think the OP's point was how many iPhones were sold, or that they were going to sell. His point was "a picture says a thousand words." The store he visited was empty, but by forming lines for even routine items, they gave the appearance of standing room only for any would be photographers.

it was only a matter of time.

i love fanboys.
  14.    #14  

And before anyone thinks that the iPhone 3G S didn't sell like hotcakes, they sold 1 million in 3 days despite it only being available in about 8 countries.
    you have a plan ready if that happens, you don't make people wait in line for random items to be your free addvertisement. and 1 million to me seems low in 8 countries. they could release a stale cookie that said apple on it and sell 1 million. the new iphone is a lame attempt, if i was a current iphone holder i'd be pisst, everything it has minus the extra ram can be give via an upgrade.

1 million in 3 days...but the key thing in that was that it was in 8 countries. PRE sold how many in 1 country?? I cant wait to see what the PRE will do when it is officially launched worldwide.
    you have a plan ready if that happens, you don't make people wait in line for random items to be your free addvertisement. and 1 million to me seems low in 8 countries. they could release a stale cookie that said apple on it and sell 1 million. the new iphone is a lame attempt, if i was a current iphone holder i'd be pisst, everything it has minus the extra ram can be give via an upgrade.
    I'm sure that was just isolated incidents. The Apple store I visited yesterday was packed inside with a line outside. They asked you at the door if you were there to buy an iphone and if not, you didn't have to wait in line and just walked in.
    Quote Originally Posted by mo-bile View Post
    I'm sure that was just isolated incidents. The Apple store I visited yesterday was packed inside with a line outside. They asked you at the door if you were there to buy an iphone and if not, you didn't have to wait in line and just walked in.
    Yeah I have to say whatever Apple store that was didn't handle things as well as they should have. Usually during product launches they have two lines now. Those for people for everything else and a line for people just there for the product that's launching.

Apple doesn't need to stage pictures. There were folks lining up at the 5th Avenue store days before the 3G S launched.
  18.    #18  
    Yeah I have to say whatever Apple store that was didn't handle things as well as they should have. Usually during product launches they have two lines now. Those for people for everything else and a line for people just there for the product that's launching.

Apple doesn't need to stage pictures. There were folks lining up at the 5th Avenue store days before the 3G S launched.
    you do know apple has paid people in the past to stand on lines at their bigger market stores.. aka nyc. i am sure some of those people were paid to be there.
    you do know apple has paid people in the past to stand on lines at their bigger market stores.. aka nyc. i am sure some of those people were paid to be there.
    I'd like to know if thats true. Have any evidence?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast