Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lets not start flaming I love my pre but don't know if I want to wait 6 months for the app store to build up plus just called sprint today to get a 3rd replaced Pre.
    Yeah....uhm....NO.

3.    #3  
    Lets not start flaming I love my pre but don't know if I want to wait 6 months for the app store to build up plus just called sprint today to get a 3rd replacement.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry accidentally posted twice.
    If you find that you are to impatient to wait for the apps to arrive, I think a switch is warranted and in order.
    Apple is the root of all that is evil.
    I am reluctantly considering it if I can't obtain a Pre by the end of the week, as my current phone essentially bit the dust. While I can appreciate the quality of the 3Gs and the available apps, I'm not too keen on the lack of multitasking or the monthly price.
    Is any company better at creating hype though?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    NO.

30,000 apps are overrated.
    No way, bro. I wouldn't go back to AT&T unless I had absolutely no debt and plenty of cash to waste - and even then I don't know that I would! My wife and I were with Cingular/AT&T for a combined total of at least 8 years. They weren't bad when we had 'em because we had no idea how much better it could be!

Verizon ruins their phones and have always been overpriced. Red = the blood of their customers... Should be red and green!

T-Mobile? I loved the G1 (had it unlocked for AT&T for a while,) but probably wouldn't consider them unless Sprint ceased to operate/exist. Their prices are almost as awesome as Sprint...

Cingular/AT&T? I'm a phone connesseiur to say the least, and I honestly probably had 25-40 different phones with AT&T alone... Two of which were the iPhone 1st Gen and the iPhone 3G... If it looked sweet and could be unlocked for use on AT&T, I probably tried it too...

My advice? For the price/features the iPhone is not worth it. It would make absolutely NO sense to switch unless you valued brand loyalty above all else, which I can respect. I'm all about brand loyalty myself, and will at times pay much more than I probably need to for quality, a name I trust, and to show my support to "x" - However, after having Sprint for over a year now and the Pre since 6/6/09, I couldn't afford to be loyal to AT&T or Apple! They're overpriced and underwhelming as far as I'm concerned.

There's absolutely nothing that any iPhone can do that the Pre can't, and hardware build is not enough to sway me to switch, even if the iPhone is very solid as a device. I love the size and smoothness of the Pre (and the keyboard.) For me, it's worth waiting 1-4 months for hundreds (thousands, maybe) of apps to start showing up! No question!

Save over $1000/year and stick with Palm and WebOS - It's an investment that will pay off.
    No, and the primary reason is the same reason I now have a Pre. Sprint is my carrier for the past 11 years, and my personal experience with them has been good. I won't switch carriers for a phone.
    I've watched all the "iPhone 3G S v. Pre" videos I could find, and the iPhone's OS just seems so damn clunky after using the Pre. I simply couldn't imagine closing an app just to open another--it would be too much like going back to DOS on my PCs. The Pre has issues, to be sure, and I'm looking forward to seeing them resolved, but multitasking, Synergy, and a brilliant notifications scheme have already become my standard for smartphones.

I just couldn't take a step backwards like that.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13.    #13  
    Alright thanks guys I will wait for my 3rd Pre to come in and stick with the Pre.
    I left my Pre at the Sprint store on Friday and grabbed a 3GS 32GB in black. While I really dug the Pre a lot, Palm and Sprint need to work out some major signal issues before I can rely on it. 1x just was not cutting it for me.

Really what it came down to for me was the service. I like both phones a lot, but AT&T service for me is more reliable, especially with regards to 3G data, which is mainly why I own a smart phone.

The AT&T plan is the same price, though doesn't include unlimited text or nav, but the signal quality is far more important to me since I TXT for free via AIM anyhow, and can use maps just fine.

Oh, and there's no NASCAR app on the iPhone

-n8
    Originally posted by hypocaffeinemia:
    I am reluctantly considering it if I can't obtain a Pre by the end of the week, as my current phone essentially bit the dust. While I can appreciate the quality of the 3Gs and the available apps, I'm not too keen on the lack of multitasking or the monthly price.
    Is your current phone insured? If it is, replace the phone. I"m not stating wait for the Pre, but you spent all that money on insurance for a reason. If your phone is dust, use the insurance you paid for.

I replaced my phone with my insurance and still switched carriers for the Pre. I know have a working data phone that I can go back to if I return to Verizon or give or sale to another Verizon customer.

Sprint is cheaper and I wanted to see if I could get reception at my work and home. I can so the other family members will slowly move over to Sprint (some faster than others).
  16.    #16  
    well for me sprint and att have about the same service here, and I don't have the 1x problem, what do you mean you use AIM for free txting
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    well for me sprint and att have about the same service here, and I don't have the 1x problem, what do you mean you use AIM for free txting
    You can add anyone to your buddy list and send them text messages from AIM. Use the format +12025551234 (+1+<area code>+<number>)

-n8
    Or just go with Sprint and get it all...
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Is your current phone insured? If it is, replace the phone. I"m not stating wait for the Pre, but you spent all that money on insurance for a reason. If your phone is dust, use the insurance you paid for.

I replaced my phone with my insurance and still switched carriers for the Pre. I know have a working data phone that I can go back to if I return to Verizon or give or sale to another Verizon customer.

Sprint is cheaper and I wanted to see if I could get reception at my work and home. I can so the other family members will slowly move over to Sprint (some faster than others).

Nope, it's not insured. It's a Mogul I bought back in December 2007 and it's falling apart-- the button piece on the top is missing, it's holding a charge only for a couple of hours, it's screen is now scratched, and perhaps most damning of all it runs windows mobile.

Sprint is definitely cheaper, especially with my corporate discount applied. For work reasons, though, I will need a working phone by the beginning of July and if I can't find a Pre, the iphone is the next bext thing.
    Sure, I'll buy one. Wouldn't mind using up my Fido dollars. But it'll promptly be sold to some sheep on Craigs then the funds go right back for my Pre.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast