Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    And man I am loving my pre EVEN MORE now!
  2. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    And man I am loving my pre EVEN MORE now!
    No multitasking on the iPhone ....lol
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    To be honest, I think that if you could put WebOS on a device as sturdy as the iPhone you'd have the perfect device.
    I love my iPod touch but I keep trying to use gestures to close apps...man I love gesture control.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Hahaha I am working on breaking the habit of flicking things off the screen of my iPod Touch! Lol!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarqBland View Post
    Hahaha I am working on breaking the habit of flicking things off the screen of my iPod Touch! Lol!
    I bought a touch today, and I bet that I have tried the back gesture a hundred times.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSteveJobs View Post
    To be honest, I think that if you could put WebOS on a device as sturdy as the iPhone you'd have the perfect device.
    ... without a keyboard to type on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 06MS6 View Post
    I love my iPod touch but I keep trying to use gestures to close apps...man I love gesture control.
    lol I find myself doing the same thing. My wife just looks at me like I'm stupid when it doesn't work
    Having many more moving parts than the iPhone is the reason the phone won't ever be as sturdy as the iPhone.

If they made a non slider version of the phone, i'd say you'd be set.
    I disagree, I need my external keypad, and the slider is just awesome (when you get a good one)
    the apps opening lag is horrible compared to the 3gs. How is the apps switching if apps are already open and running on the Pre via multitasking? I really can't stand lag between apps.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    the apps opening lag is horrible compared to the 3gs. How is the apps switching if apps are already open and running on the Pre via multitasking? I really can't stand lag between apps.
    Why dont you actually try it out?

To be honest 1.0.3 sped the phone up quite a bit, and you really cant take a 2 second lag? wow...

Once it is open it is instantaneous to switch between them
    Which part of the iphone is sturdy?
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    Which part of the iphone is sturdy?
    The whole thing is built far better than the Pre. The Pre is designed better (aesthetically and ergonomically), but the iPhone is built better (materials and workmanship).
    Yes, I must give a point to Apple for constructing the new iPhones better than the Pre. My Pre is getting more loose by the day.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    The whole thing is built far better than the Pre. The Pre is designed better (aesthetically and ergonomically), but the iPhone is built better (materials and workmanship).
    Sorry but one of the biggest reasons I left my last phone was the virtual keyboard. It's fine if you're a woman with nails, but otherwise it SUCKS! I LOVE the slider and I LOVE the Pre's keyboard. No thanks to the brick, err iphone. No way I would want to lug that thing around.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    The Pre is thicker (as a slider should be) but the iPhone is larger to accommodate the screen. And the whole virtual keyboard vs keypad thing is all personal preference. And typing wise being a women with long nails would not help typing on a captive touch display such as the iPhone because it needs skin contacts. I think that the Pre is great Nd it has many things that the iPhone doesn't such as true mutlitasking and synergy. There are a few quality, battery life, and software problems with it though. The iPhone has a larger screen, larger app store (Pre SDK coming in the late summer), and is a great multimedia device. I have the iPhone 3GS 32GB btw, don't hate.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    No multitasking on the iPhone ....lol
    I'm sorry, but this is the lamest excuse that people keep rehashing because what it essentially says is "If the iPhone multitasked then it would be far superior to the Pre".

Multitasking is nice and it definitely has its benefits, but there has to be more to brag about on the Pre than just running a few apps at once. (especially considering the memory leaks force us to shut apps so often.)
    I bought an iPhone 3GS yesterday, also have a Palm Pre. There are definitely some things each device does better. The iPhone 3GS is very fast in terms of the OS, apps loading, and its implantation of copy/paste compared to the Pre. I really like both devices. The Pre has great multitasking that the iPhone 3GS lacks. I'm beginning to type on my Pre as fast as I was on my Treo 755p. Palm could easily fix the load times of apps on the Pre, I'm sure they will since it's only on 1.0.3. They could also add real copy/paste to the Pre as well via a software update.

My main reason getting the iPhone 3GS was because I have a lot of apps from the App Store, and 32GB lets me store almost everything my whole iTunes library.

I just see the webOS being superior to iPhone OS. I'm loving my Pre, and really liking my iPhone 3GS.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Sorry but one of the biggest reasons I left my last phone was the virtual keyboard. It's fine if you're a woman with nails, but otherwise it SUCKS! I LOVE the slider and I LOVE the Pre's keyboard. No thanks to the brick, err iphone. No way I would want to lug that thing around.
    What does this have to do with what I said (you quoted me)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast