1.    #1  
    So i know it may be a bit overkill to have both phones but I am a phone *hore what can I say.

The pre I have had for almost 8 days and the Iphone 1 but here are my findings.

Browser:
    Pre: Really nice browser and great speed over EVDO 3g and once loaded the pages are pretty easy to navigate using your fingers.

Iphone 3Gs: Slower 3g but once a page is loaded much easier to navigate a page plus copy and past of different types of page media makes the Iphone 3Gs a winner in this catagory. Iphone gets a

Note: I tried loading pages over wifi and the Iphone 3Gs loaded a bit faster than the Pre.

Text input:
    I used the same text message for both the Iphone and the Pre : " Hello, how is eveything with the new phone? I paid over $200.00 dollars for mine at wxy.dijfe.com "

Pre: The pre was really easy to type on and I cranked out the message in 17 seconds.

Iphone: Using landscape mode I was able to suprisingly type out the same message in 16 seconds..........that was a big suprise as I believe the landscape mode really makes a big difference.

Video recording:
    Pre: Not offered yet as far as I know unless there is an app out there.

Iphone: Really amazing video quality when recording plus ability to edit the videos you record.

Camera:

Pre: 3 Mega Pixels and takes really great photos with the ability to send them off in various forms.

Iphone: Really great quality photos and really works well with all applications and can send them off in various forms.

EAS:
    Pre: Supports EAS and has a really amazing interface when working with calenders and dealing with email but no ability to search your emails as of yet.

Iphone: Works a bit better than Pre with EAS and the ability to search all things on the Iphone is a winner hands down.

Speed:
    Pre: Feels pretty snappy with most things but does get a bit slow after you open a few too many cards.

Iphone: This is were the Iphone shines as it opens appications and performs tasks very quickly with no lag.

Overall I would give this battle to the Iphone 3Gs but the Pre is so new and I do love it so I am looking forward to the next comparison in a few months to see how things unfold.

Hope this helps some in there quest to find the perfect phone.

I will be adding a Blackbery 8900 to the mix in a day or so .......stay tuned.
    Dude..I'm in the same boat. I have both....I guess that makes me one too.. :-)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSteveJobs View Post
    Dude..I'm in the same boat. I have both....I guess that makes me one too.. :-)
    It's good to know I am not alone in my addiction.
    Dude you said Pre really great camera and gave them the thumbs up.
    Then you said really really great camera for iphone... two 'reallys' and the thumbs up to pre?
    Come on!!! Should have been a clean sweep!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Then you said really really great camera for iphone... two 'reallys' and the thumbs up to pre?
    The pre just edged out the Iphone in image quality but your right I should have made it a little more clear.
    Opening apps is slow on the Pre..no doubt. Iphone wins here.

But task oriented? Pre wins. I know the moment i get an email or whatever via notifications. Can handle tasks without disrupting what i'm doing and go back to it. Leave some cards open but some things you just check and close out such as weather.

Video recording: Of course iphone wins this. It could be better though as i took the video landscape but view it that way and it flips to portrait. Takes forever to share one no matter if you pick youtube or email. I'd like to click to share and go on to something else.

Camera: Iphone has sharper due to focus. Sorry Pre.. That said, both look pretty darn good compared to what i was used to a year ago.

Text input: Iphone is comparable only because of its great auto correction. Pre could use some of that plus some shortcuts like double tap space bar to automatically end sentence with period.

Browser: I agree. Iphone's is slightly easier to read of course as well due to bigger screen.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I noticed that too. THe only spot the Pre got the thumbs up was the camera but based on the description then both faired equally. (IMO, i prefer the iPhone camera because it crops in closer and has a better white balance and indoor shot. vs 3GS camera is no contest. It's a shame Palm missed the opportunity to put an autofocus camera because compared to G1 and 3GS it's a generation behind.)
    I can see that. Maybe in future will have only sound notification and then when you feel you can goto home screen to view the notification on the app to let you know which apps are giving notification and customizable sounds for different apps.

I imagine those will be in future updates once more people demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    But task oriented? Pre wins. I know the moment i get an email or whatever via notifications. Can handle tasks without disrupting what i'm doing and go back to it. Leave some cards open but some things you just check and close out such as weather.