Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't think he was running the new 1.03 software either. There is a little better speed with the new software.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Just barely faster in 1 out of 3 browser tests over 3G???

Doesn't that mean that pre loaded 2 out of 3 times faster? I would think that would make it a plus for the pre not the iphone?
    No if you watched the video you would've seen it was a tie in the other 2 test.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    You have to take into account that WebOS apps are basically running in an emulator (OS running on linux) where the iPhone apps are native. When the SDK comes out for the Pre with linux access, the app opening tests will be more fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    You have to take into account that WebOS apps are basically running in an emulator (OS running on linux) where the iPhone apps are native. When the SDK comes out for the Pre with linux access, the app opening tests will be more fair.
    Right now, the SDK is only being developed for Web Apps.
    multitasking alone is what kicks the iphone in the a**. Iphone users will never know what they're missing. It's like tabbed browsing - we didn't know how much we needed it until it arrived.
    I really want to love this phone, but the lag in the video was bad. Is the lag as bad when swithcing between apps already open during multitasking?

p.s.accidently posted this in another thread, its more appropriate here.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    ^switching between apps is as fast as you are able to switch cards. If you use advanced gestures, it's one swipe away to the other app.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    opening app speed is somewhat irrelevant when you can multitask.....just open the apps you need at any given time and instantly switch between them....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12