Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    This thread is hilarious, every gets so into measuring p*nis size, er i mean Cell phone speed
    Why do you guys care about the iPhone so much?
    they're ironclad fanboys... why else?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I think the basic test does have a value. However, in real life, if writing an email and lookup a webpage at the same time is needed, multitasking will likely save more time, because I assume switching between opened cards is much faster than opening new apps. If that's the case, then the busier you are the less important the start time is on Pre.

Like any performance testing, it all depends on application. A tester can only do so much to create a reasonable benchmark, but for each individual, it is really about how you use the device (of course, this is not true when comparing a 286 PC with Quad core 2GHz PC)
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    That is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    here is a link watch the video head to head

and you be the judge
    Videos]Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

sorry forgot link
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    WTF? Am I missing something here? Those were 9 random web sites in that test. The Pre was faster on 3 of those sites. Who's not to say that testing 100 sites the results would be way different?

The Pres browser is still in it's infancy and competing toe to toe with a browser that's been around for 2 years. That's pretty damn good.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    That is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    here is a link watch the video head to head

and you be the judge
    we already seen the video, it was posted on the 2nd page by Triple 7's.

we all know Sprint's network is faster, but it doesn't mean the phone is faster. They should have compared similiar apps. like google maps, phone application, contacts, music player, etc
    Doesnt matter, Lot of web-sites are iPhone happy so they will lean towards the iphone, nothing new there. best test is among friends, thats the best one.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Doesnt matter, Lot of web-sites are iPhone happy so they will lean towards the iphone, nothing new there. best test is among friends, thats the best one.
    uh, ok........
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    What? The iPhone and Pre browsers are built on the same web rendering engine (Webkit). If it's iPhone happy, it is Pre-happy, and consequently, webkit happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
    What? The iPhone and Pre browsers are built on the same web rendering engine (Webkit). If it's iPhone happy, it is Pre-happy, and consequently, webkit happy.
    forgive joek. he clearly has no idea what he's typing. (keystroke-happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    But can it multitask? No? Fail!
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Also, when I open the programs on the Pre that they did in the test, everything opens quicker for me than what they said. Are they using 1.0.1?? Could be even faster on 1.0.2 and each update could improve performance. Does the 3G S add OTA updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    Also, when I open the programs on the Pre that they did in the test, everything opens quicker for me than what they said. Are they using 1.0.1?? Could be even faster on 1.0.2 and each update could improve performance. Does the 3G S add OTA updates?
    this is a great idea!

EVERYONE! pre and iphone members alike! go to the sites that the tests used and
    post your load times in this threaD!!!

again, they're:

• anandtech.com
    • arstechnica.com
    • hothardware.com
    • pcper.com
    • digg.com
    • techreport.com
    • tomshardware.com
    • slashdot.org
    • facebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_ek View Post
    the pre does take a long time to boot up... never really timed it :P
    After watching that video, I did. 1:50. Which does not really matter to me, but still, that 3GS was FAST to boot.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin

not the CNET version. toggle to HQ if it doesn't load.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    I would hope it's faster, given how mature Apple's OS is over Web OS at the present time. I'll be interested in another test 4-6 months from now when some major updates have been released for the Pre.
    Typically software updates will slow things down (as new features are added or omitted features are turned on), not speed things up. I think you're seeing the Pre at its fastest with the 1.02 version of the software. Same was true for the iPhone 2 years ago.
    Forgive me, you funny smoresrock, nothing to be forgiven, i you paid just a little bit of what is going on, then you would know that some sites that give reviews tend to lean towards one side like iPhone, but that kind of thinking just might be to much for you "smoresrock" you are forgiven.
    Last edited by joek71; 06/19/2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: miss spelled word
    i could care less, first off at&t is a no-no ... and thats it.

well theres also multitasking which is a deal breaker if i were to buy an iphone, not even 3gs..

and also i dont buy apple product, i have nothing of them!

i found an ipod once and gave it to my mom, true story
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast