Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    You do realize this time you could order in ahead of time and have it delivered to your home on launch day. That what I did, mines coming in about an hour.
  3.    #3  
    yap but this is in the UK there are no pre-orders there, only in store
    Plus, with where the iPhone is on a maturity level, I don't think there are limited quantities. You can go to almost any Best Buy, Walmart, or ATT store and pick one up today or this weekend.
  5.    #5  
    I'll probably stop by best buy and check it out, lets hope that I still own a pre after lunch today, haha
    Does anyone know if AT&T also has the 30 day deal where you can cancel your service if you not satisfied like Sprint.
    yap but this is in the UK there are no pre-orders there, only in store
    I might be wrong, but I thought you can also reserve one for in-store pickup in the UK today also. I dont think you will see lines like last time anywhere today.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I might be wrong, but I thought you can also reserve one for in-store pickup in the UK today also. I dont think you will see lines like last time anywhere today.
    Well I don't know I live in the US but have a causin who lives in the UK and according to him they had no options to buy the phone early at all. Its only in store first come first serve.
    could be the crazy prices O2 makes you pay for your iPhone service
    I live in Miami, FL and in my three local AT&T stores on my way to work there was 0 people waiting...I went in to one and asked they said they had 32 32gb alone based on early sales he didn't expect to sell out this morning.
    I'll probably stop by best buy and check it out, lets hope that I still own a pre after lunch today, haha
    Does anyone know if AT&T also has the 30 day deal where you can cancel your service if you not satisfied like Sprint.
    Yes, AT&T has the same 30 day satisfaction policy. Their ETF is $175 if you cancel after 30 days, and it decreases by $5 per full month of service towards your contract term. If you return the phone within the first 3 days of your contract, they also refund your $36 activation fee... but after the first 3 days, the activation fee isn't refunded. Full details can be found here: Service Agreement | AT&T

I believe that iPhones also have a 10% restocking fee, so if you return it, you'll be out anywhere from $10 to $30, based upon the model that you've chosen.
    Most people are going to be content with the 3.0 software and stick with their 3g iPhones...IMO.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
    Yes, AT&T has the same 30 day satisfaction policy. Their ETF is $175 if you cancel after 30 days, and it decreases by $5 per full month of service towards your contract term. If you return the phone within the first 3 days of your contract, they also refund your $36 activation fee... but after the first 3 days, the activation fee isn't refunded. Full details can be found here: Service Agreement | AT&T

I believe that iPhones also have a 10% restocking fee, so if you return it, you'll be out anywhere from $10 to $30, based upon the model that you've chosen.
    sweet I will have to test it out then.
    Walked right in at an at&t store at 9am and bought one. Out the door at 9:20. No preorder. Apple store here had a big line though early on.
    One comment on Engadget said "I don't know, maybe they pre-ordered?"; I couldn't help but think "Or maybe they Pre purchased..."
    Looks like shorter lines than for the Pre's launch! I know those pictures were posted all over the net and people were laughing about it... heh.
    Another thing to consider is that even a "fizzling" 3GS debut is expected to sell about 500,000 units worldwide (8 countries) this weekend:

Munster: 500,000 new iPhones this weekend - Apple 2.0

Whether you like or hate the iPhone, Apple, AT&T, etc, the iPhone really is a juggernaut. It might not be the right smartphone for everybody, and there are things that other mobile OS's do much better than the iPhone, but it has certainly captured the mass public.

I'm enjoying my Pre right now, but I mainly use my phones for the phone functionality, texting, IMs, and multimedia streaming, and I'm missing some of the streaming audio functionality that I used to have with my iPhone. I dropped the iPhone a while ago due to the lack of multitasking, but with more memory and a faster processor, multitasking with a jailbroken 3GS might be manageable (didn't work well on a jailbroken 3G... limited memory = limited apps available to be open simultaneously). I'm going to give them both a spin for a few weeks and see which one works out better for me.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I think a lot of people get in line for some of these releases of Apple because its the thing to do. They don't usually worry about not having enough to sell people and some of them will camp out anyway with an iphone in their hand just upgrading.
    I wonder if the European lines are affected some by people waiting for the Pre ...
    Doesn't this thread belong in an iFauxn forum?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This is one of the headines on CNBC this morning! Maybe the Pre has a chance at taking some market share from the iPhone!

Gooooo Pre!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast