Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Might want to add comments to this similar thread to keep the iPhone specific threads to a minimum:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...al-retail.html
    Quote Originally Posted by sward78 View Post
    This is one of the headines on CNBC this morning! Maybe the Pre has a chance at taking some market share from the iPhone!

Gooooo Pre!!!
    To be fair, that's because Apple/AT&T has allowed pre-orders to be delivered to people at home. Wait for the numbers, I'd imagine it'll be about 300-500,000 opening weekend. I'd post a link but I have <10 posts, but All Things Digital has an article.
    This was taken directly from the cnbc article..........
    But because many people had already preordered the new phone, which offers a more modest technological leap over the current model, many analysts had predicted the first-day throng to be less than in previous launches.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    It's probably a combination of the ludicrous upgrade charges from O2, and the fact that OS 3.0 just dropped - a lot of the major, day-to-day functionality people have been waiting for has been added to the regular 3G, so why bother upgrading partway through a contract?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
    Another thing to consider is that even a "fizzling" 3GS debut is expected to sell about 500,000 units worldwide (8 countries) this weekend
    I'm wondering if it's possible for iphone 3gs sales to not meet expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    This was taken directly from the cnbc article..........
    Exactly, Moby. And I see no reason to root against Apple having a successful launch. Just keeps the pressure on Palm, and both companies will do better with the competition and give us better devices to choose from.

Everybody wins.
    Apple seems to finally be taking a bit of heat from their fanbase for such minor incremental updates. The 3GS really brings nothing new to the table that beyond the video capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    Apple seems to finally be taking a bit of heat from their fanbase for such minor incremental updates. The 3GS really brings nothing new to the table that beyond the video capability.
    Not to mention the OS upgrade can be applied to the 3G already, so you are pretty much buying a processor.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Why is this in the Palm Pre section of the forum? Shouldn't it be in off topic or cross-platform?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Exactly, Moby. And I see no reason to root against Apple having a successful launch. Just keeps the pressure on Palm, and both companies will do better with the competition and give us better devices to choose from.

Everybody wins.
    Agree. Right now I carry the Pre, iPhone, and blackberry 8900 with me all the time. Just think of all the radiation I am receiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by moody View Post
    Why is this in the Palm Pre section of the forum? Shouldn't it be in off topic or cross-platform?
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Doesn't this thread belong in an iFauxn forum?
    <moved and merged>

Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Agree. Right now I carry the Pre, iPhone, and blackberry 8900 with me all the time. Just think of all the radiation I am receiving.
    I hope you are not planning to have kids or you already have some.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    <moved and merged>

I hope you are not planning to have kids or you already have some.

I already have 4. I don't let them near any of my phones.
    I went to my local at&t store this morning to get my wife the new 3Gs (she can really use the better battery life). I went at 9am and they had signs on the door that said "The line starts here". Went inside and absolutely NO customers and about 10 sales associates... I made a joke about nobody wanting the new iPhone and they just laughed. They only had the 32GB so I ended up going to the local Best Buy and got one. The girl at BB said that I was the first person to buy one. In fact, their system didn't have the SKU number loaded so they had to do a manual override or something... was in there 30 min!
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Not to mention the OS upgrade can be applied to the 3G already, so you are pretty much buying a processor.
    I think Apple is cooking something up and this release was to keep with tradition and throw people off.
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Big FAIL BOAT for Apple!
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    I went to my local at&t store this morning to get my wife the new 3Gs (she can really use the better battery life). I went at 9am and they had signs on the door that said "The line starts here". Went inside and absolutely NO customers and about 10 sales associates... I made a joke about nobody wanting the new iPhone and they just laughed. They only had the 32GB so I ended up going to the local Best Buy and got one. The girl at BB said that I was the first person to buy one. In fact, their system didn't have the SKU number loaded so they had to do a manual override or something... was in there 30 min!
    OTOH I have some co-workers who are trying to buy the iPhone but can't find it. Its sold out everywhere they have been looking.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12