Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I can generally get a full days worth of work on it without charging using text, IM, checking some emails, some web browsing, and streaming either podcasts or Pandora. I've found that using the music player is what eats at my battery the most. I've got wifi on at work all day and GPS off. Thankfully I have a mobile battery pack that I can take with me and charge very easily with my USB cable but I usually don't even need it.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I get a good 15-18 hours with normal use. Mines great!
    Wifi rocks. So much faster and does save a ton of power over cell. That's why I couldnt think Bold or Storm... no Wifi is an absolute deal breaker. I really couldnt believe they omitted them and I think they really learned their lesson with Storm2 coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by verno329 View Post
    I can generally get a full days worth of work on it without charging using text, IM, checking some emails, some web browsing, and streaming either podcasts or Pandora. I've found that using the music player is what eats at my battery the most. I've got wifi on at work all day and GPS off. Thankfully I have a mobile battery pack that I can take with me and charge very easily with my USB cable but I usually don't even need it.
    The reason why Pre users are getting bad battery life is mostly because they are running twice as much as they think they are. I can get my Pre to easily last 12 hours with moderate use (texing, calling, web browsing once or twice). And I can get up to 2 days on idle. Pre users out there just aren't paying attention to all these battery saving tips and tricks and don't realise that it you do all these it will double and maybe even triple you battery life.

1.) You maybe running the Location Services (GPS) all the time. They way you turn it off is go to the 3rd page of the apps menu and tap 'Location Services' and turn off all 3. Make sure you turn off the GPS after using Google Maps or Sprint's Location Maps.

2.) You can make the battery last allot long by turning down the brightness of the screen. To do this, go to the 3rd page in the apps menu and tap 'Screen & Lock'. Turn down the brightness meter as much as you want (more the better).

3.) If you have the messaging app setup with your IM account make sure that you are completely logged out before leaving/exiting it out. If you don't and leave it on all day, it will be the equivalent to be on a call all day.

4.) The lithium batteries in the Pre have better performance if they are charged more. In other words, the battery time span 100-50% is much longer than 50-0%. After allot of charges, the battery calibrator is slowly thrown off course. So after a bit the battery bar may say that it is at 100%, however it maybe at 90%. It would be recommended to recalibrate it about once a month. To do this let the battery drain until it completely is out (it should shut itself off). Then charge it to 100% with out doing anything with it. This will take 1-2 hours but it will help allot and will make your battery preform much better.

5.) Use wifi as much as possible. The Pre has a low powered wifi radio in it which will strain the phone much less than the phone's radio will. Especially when web browsing.

6.) Turn off bluetooth when not needed.

7.) Don't leave apps running in the background if not needed. Even if they are idle they will use up battery. What I do is I just close them if I'm not going to use them or the next time I'm going to take the phone out of my pocket will be in an hour.

Hope I help you....
    Last edited by Rennat; 06/19/2009 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Yep, getting tired of this complaint. The Pre is no different than any other smartphone I have had - I make all day on light call days and I have to recharge on heavy call days. The fact that I can just lay it on the Touchstone for a bit to recharge makes it that much better.
    It's a legit complaint for ANY smartphone, since not everyone is in the office or at home near a charger. I don't always drive so a car charger is out for me too, so if I need my battery while out, I could be screwed if the battery life sucks. Once again this is for ANY smartphone, not just the Pre or iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Agree. But it is just something we have to live with right now. Blackberry is still the leader in this area.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Pre: exchangable batteries.
    iPhone: exchange phones; disassemble phone for battery removal.

iPhone's irremovable battery is too much of a hassle which defeats Palm's simplicity. Pre's removable battery owns iPhone's irremovable battery. Nevertheless, both has it's advantages and disadvantages.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12