Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Stumbled across this award winning snippet, summed it up very well.

JamBog.com Fanboys
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Good post. I find Fanboys are usually

...in denial of Buyer's Remorse.
    ...can't afford other competing products
    ...insecure with their purchase
    ...are ignorant to the fact that competition means the consumer wins

Death to the fanboy. lol

Good post
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Stumbled across this award winning snippet, summed it up very well.
    My definition always was someone who would never even consider honestly trying out a product made by a business other than their preferred product manufacturer/vendor/whatever. Sometimes for philosophical/political reasons, but often for economic or weird comfort zone psychological reasons.

As in "I paid 500 dollars for my second generation iPhone and I'll be damned if some upstart company comes along and challenged MY iPhone, so I'll troll a bunch of the competitor's fan forums."
    But without the fanboy who would there be to fan the flames on message boards? They are a necessary evil of society I think.
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Jesus.

These threads keep bubbling up
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Jesus.

These threads keep bubbling up
    Hah! Thanks to you.

DOH! Now I did it too!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zullnero View Post
    As in "I paid 500 dollars for my second generation iPhone and I'll be damned if some upstart company comes along and challenged MY iPhone, so I'll troll a bunch of the competitor's fan forums."
    Is this really a "fan forum." I don't really follow why people should be "fans" of a piece of hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by houtx View Post
    Is this really a "fan forum." I don't really follow why people should be "fans" of a piece of hardware.
    It's a fair question and it's one that I've been asking myself a lot lately. Well, a little, anyway.

I'm not sure if this is a forum with a lot of fans or a fan forum, but I've always thought of it as the former. Whether it's evolved into another animal altogether is debatable, I guess.

Personally, I find value in just about ALL the perspectives - the fruits (Apple fanboys) AND the nuts. But they don't always get along.

Anyway, it's a shared community with iPhone, Blackberry, Android, and Palm phone users (sorry if I'm leaving out Nokia or whatever else, but it's not really on my radar) so that suggests that we ought to be able to cross-pollenate... at least a LITTLE.

Of course, that takes a certain amount of maturity...
    Last edited by west3man; 06/23/2009 at 08:35 PM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    It's a fair question and it's one that I've been asking myself a lot lately. Well, a little, anyway.

I'm not sure if this is a forum with a lot of fans or a fan forum, but I've always thought of it as the former. Whether it's evolved into another animal altogether is debatable, I guess.

Personally, I find value in just about ALL the perspectives - the fruits (Apple fanboys) AND the nuts. But they don't always get along.

Anyway, it's a shared community where iPhone, Blackberry, Android, and Palm phone users (sorry if I'm leaving out Nokia or whatever else, but it's not really on my radar) so that suggests that we ought to be able to cross-pollenate... at least a LITTLE.

Of course, that takes a certain amount of maturity...
    Well said, you took the words out of my mouth, Great Comment.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    LMAO.

Every brand has its fanboys. Having owned many Palm's and been on Treocentral for years, Palm has its more than fair share.