Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    well....i updated my iPod Touch to 3.0....cost me $10 oh well!

anyways, i still think the Pre is light years ahead in terms of multitasking and just overall usability...BUT, man i know it took so long for Apple to implement this copy/paste but it is EXTREMELY nice. I really hope Palm takes a look at this ONE feature that Apple really did a nice job with....

I did some web tests, and i realize this isnt a 3GS, but when i loaded my website (Running With Scissors Official Website) on both the Pre and the iPod over my wifi at home it took the iPod over 30 seconds longer to fully load the page. Not to mention the Pre's screen was SO MUCH more vivid and vibrant!

I just PRAY that Palm updates their copy and paste to something similar, and ya I know its been out for 2 weeks and such, but man the limited copy and paste is almost killer, I dont need to copy most editable text, the text I need to copy is stuff I cant edit.....
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    I didn't pay for my iPod Touch lol
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    the ONE feature? What about the search - late too, I know but at the moment a bit more global than Pre's 'global search'. At least in terms of searching content on the phone.
    I would like to see Palm fixing that. I want to be able to find everything on the Pre, sms, email and even attachments - before it's not useful...
    Pre's search and copy/paste for first ... months > iPhone's search and copy/paste for first 2 years.

Pre's search and copy/paste after ... months ? iPhone's search and copy/paste after first 2 years.

Pre winning so far, but I agree, Apple's implementations are very good. But with how well Palm has done with their cards and the usability of everything else on the phone, I have great confidence in their ability to improve search and copy/paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Pre's search and copy/paste for first ... months > iPhone's search and copy/paste for first 2 years.

Pre's search and copy/paste after ... months ? iPhone's search and copy/paste after first 2 years.

Pre winning so far...
    What kind of race do you run where it matters what position you were in yesterday? Let's keep it real.

I upgraded my Touch today too and in many ways it smokes my Pre. The 3gs is going to be one hell of a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    What kind of race do you run where it matters what position you were in yesterday? Let's keep it real.

I upgraded my Touch today too and in many ways it smokes my Pre. The 3gs is going to be one hell of a phone.
    Your right, its WAS one hell of a phone, two years ago....
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Your right, its WAS one hell of a phone, two years ago....
    Ah - so THAT's why the Palm Pre mantra is: "We're new - so you should only compare us to a phone from 2 years ago."
    Nope, just fighting fire with fire. If a fanboy is going to throw cheap shots, I throw them back.
    Wow. Galavanter was just giving his opinion with his Touch and HIS Pre and because he gives thought of 3gs he is a fanboy and say he gave a cheap shot. That was a cheap shot? It's pre fanboys like you that really start things by being way to sensitive about opinions.
    Nope, just fighting fire with fire. If a fanboy is going to throw cheap shots, I throw them back.
    TRANSLATION: Honest criticism is a "cheap shot" which I counter with meaningless comparisons.

Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    TRANSLATION: Honest criticism is a "cheap shot" which I counter with meaningless comparisons.

Got it.
    Whoa, dude, you really need to get out a bit. Its a forum, he's a big boy. He can fight his own fights, relax, have a beer and enjoy life. You guys are taking this WAY too far. I had my own thoughts, I posted them, you guys took it over the line
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Wow. Galavanter was just giving his opinion with his Touch and HIS Pre and because he gives thought of 3gs he is a fanboy and say he gave a cheap shot. That was a cheap shot? It's pre fanboys like you that really start things by being way to sensitive about opinions.
    And I gave mine, so whats the problem? An Apple fan boy can say what he wants, but god forbid someone else gives there opinion!
    i agre Pre's copy and pasting could improve, hopefully sooner than latter, after all, I can copy and paste system wide on my centro. This should be taken care of.
    Pick a feature and it needs work. Not just copy n paste.
    I agree, copy/paste, and universal search is light years ahead on the touch/iPhone. Also the speed of getting things done is far greater on my iPhone. WebOS is very pretty, but its sluggish and certainly feels like a 1.0 product.
    Well it took 3 years to perfect it so it had to be as polished or even apple fanboys would have will be good to use once in a while. i was pleasantly suprised how nice it is to use.

Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I agree, copy/paste, and universal search is light years ahead on the touch/iPhone. Also the speed of getting things done is far greater on my iPhone. WebOS is very pretty, but its sluggish and certainly feels like a 1.0 product.
    I upgraded my iPod touch last night as well. Ehhh... it's not that much improved. I think it should have been called version 2.5 instead of a full major number jump. Sure, some of the new features are nice, but are things the device should have already had (cut and paste? universal search? after 2 years? meh...)
    I have a 2nd Gen Touch, as well. The glaring difference that I see between the two devices really isn't OS-specific...it's the touch screens.

Where it takes me 3-4 tries, along with zooming, to actually get the Pre's browser to recognize my finger touch on a link, I can touch the same link in the Touch's browser at the smallest font setting and get recognition immediately.

No fanboy here, either. The iPhone/Touch screen is just more accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post

Pre winning so far, but I agree, Apple's implementations are very good. But with how well Palm has done with their cards and the usability of everything else on the phone, I have great confidence in their ability to improve search and copy/paste.
    Unfortunately, buyers aren't comparing the Pre to a 2 year old phone, they're comparing it to todays phones. As much potential as it has, it's unfinished at present.

The only cheap shots I saw here are yours. The OP was a reasonable and thoughtful look at new features on the iPhone and how they compare. This site has gotten as bad as the Apple fan-boy sites.

And no, I don't have an iPhone. I don't care for the iPhone, for many of the same reasons I don't care for the Pre. But the Pre isn't ready for primetime yet, IMHO, and with the exception of multi-tasking it comes of second best to the iPhone in quite a few ways.

Feel free to attack. I've got my flame-suite on, and I'm not nearly so emotionally involved with my electronics as you seem to be.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonaward View Post
    I upgraded my iPod touch last night as well. Ehhh... it's not that much improved. I think it should have been called version 2.5 instead of a full major number jump. Sure, some of the new features are nice, but are things the device should have already had (cut and paste? universal search? after 2 years? meh...)
    Using that logic, it took palm 2-3 years to get a version one OS out. Past is past. What matters is the present and the next year since you're stuck for that period usually before you can upgrade.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast