Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    at web browsing and applications on a cnet head to head.*

*it wasn't that much of a scientific test. They just took pics and emailed them. The Pre won out.

However where the Pre got killed was the start up. It was bad. you think there will ever be an update to improve the start up or that's just how its gonna be?
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post

*it wasn't that much of a scientific test. They just took pics and emailed them. The Pre won out.

However where the Pre got killed was the start up. It was bad. you think there will ever be an update to improve the start up or that's just how its gonna be?
    Pre kinda took it on the chin with startup time. However, right after watching the CNet video, I shut my Pre off and turned it back on. It took about 45 seconds. I have seen it faster and much slower as well. Either way, Sprint's network roasts and toasts ATT's just about everywhere you go in speed tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Pre kinda took it on the chin with startup time. However, right after watching the CNet video, I shut my Pre off and turned it back on. It took about 45 seconds. I have seen it faster and much slower as well. Either way, Sprint's network roasts and toasts ATT's just about everywhere you go in speed tests.
    45 seconds? I just timed mine with a stop watch, 1 minute 23 seconds.

Not sure where you got 45 seconds from.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

It seems like 10 minutes while you wait....and wait....and wait...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    It seems like 10 minutes while you wait....and wait....and wait...
    yea that wait was embarassing to watch. The Pre struck back for the knock out though. The start up time is something that could be worked on hopefully. With kind of power the Pre is running. It should be able to boot just as fast as the 3gs unless the is some sort of programming limit that I dont know about.
    Yeah...seems like a Windows XP computer with a I7 chip....and a 128 MB of ram and every known piece of spyware known to man starting up on boot up!

But really, 83 seconds is better than 90 seconds!
    I would think boot time is probably like # 2541 on my list of important items...
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

that iphone is not running on the WSPA 7.2 though. Pre wont be able to compare with those speeds
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Welcome from a special editon of cnet asia. LoL!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    that iphone is not running on the WSPA 7.2 though. Pre wont be able to compare with those speeds
    How long will it take them to implement 7.2 across the country? Right now Sprint is rolling out 4g so by the time you have could coverage of either we will probably be seeing the next WebOS phone that takes advantage of the new speed.

question. does the pre's hardware support 4g?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    That highlights a Pre/Sprint benefit, higher availability of 3G. Plus, a year from now Sprint's WiMax network will have been running in my area and a number of others for months and we may be discussing the new Pre-4G.
    How long will it take them to implement 7.2 across the country? Right now Sprint is rolling out 4g so by the time you have could coverage of either we will probably be seeing the next WebOS phone that takes advantage of the new speed.

Not really, Someone correct me if i'm wrong here but software could not replicate the need for a physical 4g radio.
    The next one better have OLED cause the next Iphone will. And give up the slider crap. Since when has palm made a slider?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Prefanatic, you beat me to one answer, then mrloserpunk. The current pre hardware does not support 4g. However, the linux kernel with WebOS' multi-tasking presentation is poised to do some awesome things with it in the future. Think data on WiMax, voice on regular network; simultaneous use and data flowing at very high speeds. Ahhh!
    I think the one thing that everyone needs to understand, that the first version of iPhone's OS was plagued with similar issues. I have no doubt that Palm will figure out more about intigrating WebOS with the Pre hardware more efficiently with updates later on (hopefully not too late).

If the pre has similar to better specs the 3Gs, you can bet that you're going to have a very powerful device once Palm iron out the wrinkles. YAY!
    And since pretty much everyone who owns a pre now are/will be Premier customers, all those pre owners will be able to upgrade for the best possible price this time next year thanks to Sprint's Premier program. Does AT&T offer any way tog et best possible prices after only a single year with a phone?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    No it doesn't, I don't think we'll see a 4G Pre for a few years actually because the power draw from the new technology may be too great.
    I don't boot up the phone too much so that's not much of an issue for me.
    Yeah...this was like the first time since initially starting the Pre that I got to look at how long it takes it to boot. So yeah...I couldn't care less!
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    And since pretty much everyone who owns a pre now are/will be Premier customers, all those pre owners will be able to upgrade for the best possible price this time next year thanks to Sprint's Premier program. Does AT&T offer any way tog et best possible prices after only a single year with a phone?
    yeah it's called Add a line
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast