1.    #1  
    Interesting - alot of references to Pre and a little ho-hum in my opinion he is more impressed with OS3.0 than the phone and he did sound concerned that many people wouldnt jump up for the 3GS version.

Walt Mossberg Reviews New Apple iPhone 3G S and OS 3.0 - WSJ.com
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    actually complimented the Pre as well...

"Before I detail the new features and how they worked in my tests, let me state up-front what the new iPhone and its new operating system don't deliver. The iPhone still lacks a physical keyboard. It still can't run more than one third-party app at a time, as the Pre does"
    that guy bores the **** out of me..
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    that guy bores the **** out of me..
    You and me both.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Walt's article is (understandably) US-centric. The 3G S is for the international users more than the US. AT&T customers should look the other way on this model, but the rest of the GSM world - i.e. the parts with REAL GSM networks - can finally get their hands on a truly HSDPA iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Walt's article is (understandably) US-centric. The 3G S is for the international users more than the US. AT&T customers should look the other way on this model, but the rest of the GSM world - i.e. the parts with REAL GSM networks - can finally get their hands on a truly HSDPA iPhone.
    I am part of this world in the UK that does have HSDPA and to be honest unless you live in a major conurbation and are near to a mast you are not getting anywhere near the HSDPA data rates.

Been using mobile data since 2000 in Uk from rubbish CSD lines to GPRS, EDGE, UMTS and HSDPA - yeah I have witnessed a sea change but we live in the UK where we have 4 operators who can blanket cover our country (its a smaller land mass than Virginia but with x9 the population)

As to HSDPA - this has been on smartphones for a while. I suggest you stop making wild statements on aspects you clearly know little of.
    To be fair, Kupe did say "a truly HSDPA iPhone.". I don't think he meant there are no HSDPA phones period, just that the iPhone is finally HSDPA.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    To be fair, Kupe did say "a truly HSDPA iPhone.". I don't think he meant there are no HSDPA phones period, just that the iPhone is finally HSDPA.
    Thanks Diva - that's exactly what I said and meant. It appears having a high speed network in the UK doesn't necessarily ensure reading comprehension.