Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'll tell you why I love this.

1) No multitasking is a major problem. This is probably the #1 reason why people will move from the iPhone to the Pre. #2 is just that they want something "new".

2) This puts pressure on the Pre on a couple fronts: 1) video recording 2) general bugs/upgrades via FW and 3) Spec and compass upgrades in the Pre 2 (Yes, I'm already thinking about it!)
    all in all, I think this will put pressure on all parties to get their **** together and start listening to the users, and getting those bugs fixed asap...
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It still cant cut cheese. Epic Fail on Apples part.
  5.    #5  
    But is Apple playing the dangerous game that Motorola did with its Razr when instead of moving onto a better design they just tried to repackage it. I see alot of similarities - when Motorola originally came out with the Razr it was a hot seller but they made the mistake of not really providing any telling updates.
    Please Note:

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The Forum for discussing Palm Pre vs [Device]:

Palm Pre vs [Device]

It's a Forum for discussing differences in devices.
    Please discuss Palm Pre in comparison with [Device] there.
    Please discuss how [Device] will effect/affect Palm Pre there.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    hey, palm hopefully looked at apples video editing on the iphone 3gs. therefore, adding it to the pre as well
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    This shows why it was great time releasing the Pre so close to the new iPhone release. Just as every Pre review mentioned the iPhone, every iPhone review will mention the Pre and expose more users to the thought that "hey, there's another phone out there that is just as good as the iPhone"
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The Pre was plugged twice. Rad.
    Accurate and honest review - most important line comes at the end :

For current users, we have this to say: the iPhone 3G S is a solid spec bump to a phone you already own... but it is, at its core, a phone you already own.
    Unless you just gotta have a compass, I don't see it as a compelling upgrade from a 3G.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I know some people get personally offended by the mention of the iPhone but it's really silly to look at it that way. Palm did an amazing thing by leapfrogging many other brands and landing in the top two advanced smartphones. Palm CAN compete, but it won't happen if we pretend the iPhone doesn't exist. There are A LOT of great ideas that can be lifted and used in upcoming generations of both products. So there really shouldn't be an iPhone defensiveness here because the hope should be that next gen will have the best of both platforms available for us.

Hate the fanboys, but don't hate the product. If you actually see the possibilities due to the new OS and connector port (and even the compass that everyone picks on) then you'd be amazed. As a consumer then it's a very cool thing to see the phone evolve right in front of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    It still cant cut cheese. Epic Fail on Apples part.
    I beg to differ. There are plenty of fart apps
    Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post
    Accurate and honest review - most important line comes at the end :

Unless you just gotta have a compass, I don't see it as a compelling upgrade from a 3G.
    Speed, extra storage, video recording, compass......cant wait for mine!!!!

By the way, for those that think a compass is not something that is needed on a cellphone, look at this software for the G1 that uses the built in compass............
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I know some people get personally offended by the mention of the iPhone but it's really silly to look at it that way. Palm did an amazing thing by leapfrogging many other brands and landing in the top two advanced smartphones. Palm CAN compete, but it won't happen if we pretend the iPhone doesn't exist. There are A LOT of great ideas that can be lifted and used in upcoming generations of both products. So there really shouldn't be an iPhone defensiveness here because the hope should be that next gen will have the best of both platforms available for us.
    But is there no balance between the two extremes of "Pretend the iPhone doesn't exist" (which nobody here does) and "Mention the iPhone incessantly and give dedicated threads to reviews of their latest devices" (which a LOT of people here do)?

I think a balance has gotta be struck, or else this forum loses value, IMHO.
    iPhone is a great phone but I think you are in the wrong forum.
    the compass is pretty sweet, but i probably never use it. sprint navi is all u need
    and voice control i would never use too
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Speed, extra storage, video recording, compass......cant wait for mine!!!![/url]
    Today's Wednesday, June 17th. It's around 3:10PM EST. Weather is pretty darn decent, if muggy (at least here in the deep South).

Why do I mention all of this? Because today's historic. I'm...backing Moby up and about his beloved Precccccccious, no less.

I think Apple's popularity makes most new iPhones a compelling upgrade. It's this popularity that gives the phones a relatively high resale value, so as long as you don't mind paying through the nose for AT&T's monthly charges...there's no reason not to keep buying each new model since your previous will subsidize it once it's sold.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Wife has Instinct. Voice command fail. I don't yell at my kids and won't yell at my phone. Neither listens all the time.

Compass? Not so sure why. If my phone has it, cool. If not it's not something that's going to sway my decision unless I'm working on my Eagle badge.

As for the form factor, the Iphone was so slick when it first appeared - two years ago. If we're talking form factor I can think of a lot cooler slabs out there.

My boss saw my Pre for the first time yesterday and asked if it was one of the new Iphones because it looked like a redesign because it was "neater." I slid out the keyboard and he said "Whoa!"

His Iphone is pretty new to him so he's not even thinking of switching. Like me he just needs a phone, email and web. Apps not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    1) No multitasking is a major problem. This is probably the #1 reason why people will move from the iPhone to the Pre
    I'd be stunned if 10% of current Pre owners even know what it means to have a multi-tasking phone, let alone what they can do with that capability. The Pre's target market isn't called "the fat middle" just because it sounded good.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    By the way, for those that think a compass is not something that is needed on a cellphone, look at this software for the G1 that uses the built in compass............

So I watched the video on the compass and I have to say it not useless at all. Just think of how stalkers can use the technology to stalk there prey and how snippers can use it when trying to take someone out.

Need to stalk someone - We got An App For That
    Need to snipe someone but forgot your scope at home - We Got A App For That J/K
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast