1.    #1  
    Okay, I am hoping one of you 710/760 owners can give me some help.

I am using RealJukebox and have taken some of my CD's and converted the songs to MP3. I have successfully moved those to the MemoryStick and they play great.

However, I have some MP3's that I downloaded off the Internet and they will not play. I get the "Write Protection Error".

I can play these MP3's through RealJukebox and have successfully played them on a Rio800.

Am I missing something? Is there some way to get them to play?

Any help would be great and let me know if you need more information.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    To work on the CLIE they must be encoded at 44.1 khz.
    By the way, check out the CLIE Users Group at Yahoo.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Originally posted by Jupe
    To work on the CLIE they must be encoded at 44.1 khz.
    By the way, check out the CLIE Users Group at Yahoo.
    That's not true in spite of the documentation. I encaode all of my MP3s at 128 khz and they play fine. I use the full version of RealJukeBox. This may have something to do with it, because I have tried some MP3 files that people have given me that won't play on the Clie. Maybe the Clie is very picky aboutits MP3 interpretation.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by bradhaak

That's not true in spite of the documentation. I encaode all of my MP3s at 128 khz and they play fine. I use the full version of RealJukeBox. This may have something to do with it, because I have tried some MP3 files that people have given me that won't play on the Clie. Maybe the Clie is very picky aboutits MP3 interpretation.
    Are you sure you are not confusing Sampling Frequency with Bit Rate.

Here are the requirements:

Format: MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)
    Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
    Bit Rate: 32 to 128 kbps
    File Extension: .mp3 or .rmp

My problem, is I can find nothing giving me the Sampling Frequency. I have used RealJukebox and MusicMatch and neither program tells me what the frequency is. The Bit Rate is no problem. I can even use MusicMatch to convert the file to a new Bit Rate, but I have seen nothing on the Frequency.

Any one know how to find out what the Frequency is and how to change it?
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Look for a progam called "Audio Catalyst". I have ripped mp3s and experienced no problems. Its also very easy to use.

http://www.xingtech.com/mp3/audiocatalyst/
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  6.    #6  
    Okay, I finally got it working. Per Real's instruction, I did the following:

Sony CLIE Handheld

2. How do I install the CLIE plug-in for RealJukebox 2?

Start RealJukebox.
    Click the Help menu.
    Select Check for Update.
    Select MP3 for CLIE.
    Click the Get it now tab.
    A dialogue box will display the download.

In addition, you must enable the plug-in by following these steps:

Start RealJukebox.
    Select the Devices tab.
    Click on Install Device button.
    Select MP3 for CLIE.
    Click OK.

This seems to work. I use RealJukeBox to transfer the files for me, instead of using Windows Explorer. Apparently, this way the MP3 is encoded as it is transferred. This ensures compatibility.

Thanks for all the help again.