1.    #1  
    Well, I actually did it. I went to BestBuy and exchanged my Prism for the Clie760. This was something I have been toying with since the Clie710 came out.

Now that I finally have it syncing, I must say it is sweet. Now I am going to spend my time getting it all setup and loading up some MP3's.

One really cool thing Sony has done, is included the program MSBackup into ROM. This allows you to place a MemoryStick in the slot and Backup to it, just like the HS Backup Module. This is exciting, as now I do not have to purchase BackupBuddy to have this feature.

A special thanks to BradHaak and MikeDemo for helping me out with PalmDesktop questions. It was a little icey at first, but I finally got it working. Nothing wrong with your instructions, just my apparent failure to follow them.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    No problem. Glad to be of help.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by GSR13
    Well, I actually did it. I went to BestBuy and exchanged my Prism for the Clie760. This was something I have been toying with since the Clie710 came out.
    Hmmm, how'd you exchange your Prism for a Clie? Do you think BestBuy would somehow letme exchange my 710c for a 760c? I've heard of a few people do that, but I don't know how....
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD

Hmmm, how'd you exchange your Prism for a Clie? Do you think BestBuy would somehow letme exchange my 710c for a 760c? I've heard of a few people do that, but I don't know how....

I think you have to do it within the guidelines of their return policy.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    I've found that you can often turn the Extended Warranty into an Extended Return policy. Depending on who you talk to, and how good a day they're having, and how nice you are, and how persistent you are, and how reasonable you can come off, you can exchange pretty much anything.
  6.    #6  

I purchased the BestBuy extended warranty. It is $59.95 for three years of coverage. This is not something I normally would purchase, but considering the problems people were reporting I went ahead and bought it. Not only that, it also covers the unit if it is dropped.

While it is possible to simply claim the item is defective, I have only exchanged my unit when I have a real problem, even though I could have lived with it.

They are really nice about the whole thing. Of course, it is like dietrichbohn said, it has a lot to do with your attitude as a customer.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  7.    #7  
    I just have to say how much the Clie is impressing me. Not only is the screen simply awesome to look at, but the device itself is so much more convenient. Now, I say this in regards to the PDA's relationship to the PC.

I know it is no new information, but the fact that it comes with MSImport/Export is awesome. This allows me to mount the MemoryStick as a Removable drive to my PC, then I can write data directly to the MS. It automatically creates the directory structure and everything, provided I am using an included app. No file size limit. This, in itself, is great.

Plus, having OS4.0 gives me VFS. I never experimented with VFS while using my Prism/MemPlug combo, but I am really impressed with it now. The main program that I wanted to use on the MemoryStick was MarkMyScriptures, and it is now VFS enabled. I simply opened the document and chose "Move to Card". Simple as that. Now it works flawlessly, even allowing me to continue to Bookmark and add topics.

I do miss CityTime and DateBook+. Though I am thinking about DateBook4. CityTime is just not worth the $14.95. I still have my wifes VisorDeluxe if I get the need to use any of my modules.