View Poll Results: If iPhone was on every carrier would you switch or stay with Pre?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, Pre is the best

23 60.53%
  • iPhone here I come!

6 15.79%
  • Undecided...Both phone are great.

9 23.68%
  1.    #1  
    With the upcoming iPhone 3GS launch and having time spent on the Pre, if the iPhone was available on anyother carrier would you switch or stick with the Pre?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The iPhone 3gS does look good, but the lack of true multitasking is just a major turn off for me. People who have never experienced true multitasking don't know how great it is, I just don't think I could go back to a phone with no way to run programs in the background that is a major deal breaker for me, so I just don't know yet. I'm enjoying the Pre but the signal is starting to **** me off.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sevink View Post
    The iPhone 3gS does look good, but the lack of true multitasking is just a major turn off for me. People who have never experienced true multitasking don't know how great it is, I just don't think I could go back to a phone with no way to run programs in the background that is a major deal breaker for me, so I just don't know yet. I'm enjoying the Pre but the signal is starting to **** me off.
    I too am having mixed feelings...I reserved mine at a local Apple store just in case I decide to go for it. Multitasking is also a deal breaker for me. In addition to the fact that I am really loving the Pre. I guess the only reason why I would concider the iPhone is because I am missing some of the apps and games I had on there. I know it's just a matter of time for the Pre to build it's apps. But I am really becoming upset at not being able to connect to my mailserver from my Pre. I heard that Palm should resolve exchange issues within 60 days but I don't know...not having my calendar and contacts is really bad for me. I managed to connect for emails through IMAP so that is working good for now but I have so much going on my day that not having access to my tasks and calendar is putting a real damper to my day.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    hchavarria, Have you asked your exchange admin to set an exception on the security policy for you? Many places will do that for people if you ask nice and explain it. Besides, they may be more likely if you explain that it's only temporary.

That's what I had to do for mine to sync with Exchange, and it's sooooo nice. I used to have my entire schedule on my exchange calendar because that was the only place I could sync a calendar. Now I can put personal stuff on my gmail calendar and work stuff on exchange, and it all meshes together perfectly with Synergy. It's totally awesome. Plus this way if I ever lost my job, I wouldn't have to worry about personal stuff being on my exchange server at work.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zyxwv88 View Post
    hchavarria, Have you asked your exchange admin to set an exception on the security policy for you? Many places will do that for people if you ask nice and explain it. Besides, they may be more likely if you explain that it's only temporary.
    The problem is that we are not actually using an Exchange but rather a mailserver caller Kerio which uses EAS. The phone actually sync once but fails there after and after looking at the logs and debug logs I noticed that the problem is that the Pre seems to be sending some commands not recognized by the server or vice versa. I spoke with the developers and they seem to be waiting for what Palm will do to resolve some of the exchange issues it has pending. Other devices including the iPhone 3G which uses EAS seem to sync without a problem so my guess is that some of the Palm limitations may be causing this. I have used the following devices with my mail server (as you can see I seem to switch phone a lot): Blackberry Bold, iPhone 3G, Nokia E71, Touch Pro, Diamond.