Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just wanted to know what the Instinct 2 does better than the pre? I'm not talking about the Instinct 1. Does the Instinct 2 have better battery life? I know it has visual voicemail. What about web browser?

Does the Instinct have text messaging that has an inbox and sent unlike the Pre?

Does it show incoming, received, missed, and call history unilike pre?

I'm just curious if anyone thinks the instinct 2 is better than the pre and if so why?

What features does the pre have that the instinct 2 doesn't.

The reason I'm asking is because my friend claims that the instinct 2 is better than the pre but I tell him he is wrong. I don't know how that could be.

Please let me know what the instinct does better and what is easier to do on it than the pre and what the pre does better than the instinct 2.

Did anyone go from the instinct 2 to the pre? Not the instinct 1 to the pre.
    The instinct 2 hasnt even been release yet. I think you mean the s30; which was, worse than the Instinct. No pocket express no Rev. 0a no spare battery.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    The Instinct was a piece of garbage. Period.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    the instinct is an awesome piece of devicee when used within its limits.
    is this seriously a question, you are comparing a piece of crap to a awsome device. haha
    The better question is what can the Pre do that the Instinct S30 (or original instinct) can't do. I'm still waiting for my Pre to come in but I can tell simple things didn't work for the Instinct.

Pre
    1. Microsoft Exchange: Wasn't possible on the Samsung Instinct for me without using a desktop connector. Even then I didn't get all my notifications nor could I send email from the Instinct
    2. App Store: I'll take a stripped app store over no app store. I could download a 3rd party app store but even then the apps were useless.
    3. Multitasking: Forget it about it on the Instinct
    4. Proximity sensor: The Instinct does NOT dim the screen when you are on a call (unless you are calling sprint customer service). I have family out of state and we would talk for 30-40 mins at a time which was KILLING my battery since the screen wouldn't dim. And this has been a known issue since the 1st generation Instinct.
    5. No background wallpaper: Minor but it's just nice to personalize your phone. Afterall, I'm stuck with it for 2 years.

The only things I think I'll miss from the Instinct are the visual voicemail and live search features.

Other than that, I can't wait for my call from Best Buy to pick up my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
    I just wanted to know what the Instinct 2 does better than the pre? I'm not talking about the Instinct 1. Does the Instinct 2 have better battery life? I know it has visual voicemail. What about web browser?

Does the Instinct have text messaging that has an inbox and sent unlike the Pre?

Does it show incoming, received, missed, and call history unilike pre?

I'm just curious if anyone thinks the instinct 2 is better than the pre and if so why?

What features does the pre have that the instinct 2 doesn't.

The reason I'm asking is because my friend claims that the instinct 2 is better than the pre but I tell him he is wrong. I don't know how that could be.

Please let me know what the instinct does better and what is easier to do on it than the pre and what the pre does better than the instinct 2.

Did anyone go from the instinct 2 to the pre? Not the instinct 1 to the pre.
    First, the Pre has a call history with all those things you mentioned. It's the bottom right button in the phone app.

The web browsing is not even comparable.

The second, smaller Instinct, like the first one, is not even in the same class of device as the Pre.
    The Instinct was a complete fail! This is what the Instinct is...

• debris
    • detritus
    • dreck
    • dregs
    • dross
    • filth
    • junk
    • muck
    • offal
    • rubbish
    • rubble
    • scrap
    • scrapings
    • sewage
    • slop
    • sweepings
    • swill
    • trash
    • wasteful

fyi- those are the thesaurus results for garbage...
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    5. No background wallpaper: Minor but it's just nice to personalize your phone. Afterall, I'm stuck with it for 2 years.
    not sure this is correct. My brother-in-law has an instinct (original, not s30) and he has been able to put a background on it. Not sure how as i have never really played with his phone.
    I came from the Instinct to the pre. Instinct sucks and not even a version 2 can make up for it
    comon this is not even a comparison, I mean the pre has its problems but the instinct is a piece of crap
    I would have to concur the Instinct is total garbage especially when compared to other carrier's devices. The problem is Sprint users have been high and dry on decent devices for so many years many actually thought the instinct was good. Comparatively it sucked.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    stop the thread please
    is there a comparison ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The Instinct was a complete fail!
    ...ure. A complete failURE. Fail-ure.

Failure.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I had an Instinct and the s30.. If you realize what it can and cant do, it is a good phone.. The battery life was good, and you could put Opera Mini on it.. The email client was decent... No zoom, but ok video.. No accelerometer.
    I actually went from my WORK BB Storm back to that...

And all that ranting was useless, because the Pre is sooooo much better and more capable... I never took the s30 back out of my drawer!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i liked the way the instinct could do multiple text/ email better then the Pre

I like how the instinct would one touch navigate from a contact

i also miss visual voice mail, custom email/ text alert sounds and a "favorite page" with speed dial contacts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo77 View Post
    i liked the way the instinct could do multiple text/ email better then the Pre

I like how the instinct would one touch navigate from a contact
    How did it do multiple text/e-mail better? I'm genuinely curious, not being a ****.

What do you mean by one touch navigate from a contact?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    How did it do multiple text/e-mail better? I'm genuinely curious, not being a ****.

What do you mean by one touch navigate from a contact?

when you created a text and wanted to add someone to it you just pushed the "+" in the top right corner it allowed you to add a person to text/ email... i used this function all the time as my girl is in and out of the office.. so i would both text and email her if i need to tell her something.. i cant do that from the Pre...

Also in contacts from the instinct there was a little car button.. you touched it and it navigated from your location to the address... that came in handy so many times going from one location to another...
    What is the difference between the instinct and fecal matter? I can't seem to tell them apart.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    The S30 is junk. I had a chance to play with it cuz my coworker got a new one. The GUI is extremely slow and laggy. Very unresponsive screen. The only thing that I liked was that they had that vibrate-touch screen. Kinda neat.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast