Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i forgot about that too... the vibrate touch was nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo77 View Post
    when you created a text and wanted to add someone to it you just pushed the "+" in the top right corner it allowed you to add a person to text/ email... i used this function all the time as my girl is in and out of the office.. so i would both text and email her if i need to tell her something.. i cant do that from the Pre...

Also in contacts from the instinct there was a little car button.. you touched it and it navigated from your location to the address... that came in handy so many times going from one location to another...
    You could text and email from the same application? If that's the case, that is pretty cool. If you wanted to continue that, you could e-mail her phone by finding the e-mail address linked to her number and she gets a text. On Sprint, for example, you can send e-mails to ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com I think that's the address... hehe. It's a little more work, but it accomplishes what you need, I think.

Also, if you're in a contact, you can click on the address and it'll send you to google maps. You can navigate from there.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Lol.. yeah thats more work... but it may work...

i like the map application.. but i can not for the life of me find a navigation button?

How do you navigate from a contact? i get to google maps.. but not to sprint navigation...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Unfortunate for Palm and Pre, due to this forum I am holding off on getting the Pre. Other than browsing the web, my Instinct seems to be a solid device compared to the complaints about the Pre. After seeing the remarks praising the Pre: Pandora, web browsing, and multi-tasking. I realized I could get Pandora on my Instinct.

Now if Palm gets their firmware / software / hardware in order. I will be looking back to the Pre.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    The instinct was good as a phone, other than that sucked. It was sold as a smartphone.

I found it funny that when I went to get my Pre, it was displayed over the other "standard" phone, and was listed as a multipurpose phone.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    All in all, I had a great time with my instinct
    1 nav always worked great got me to alot of jobs
    2 with opera mini browsing livable
    3 did all my emails on it
    4 useful visual voicemail
    5 voice search used almost every day
    6 Worked great as aphone
    Just gave it to my wife after a year with it
    If you remember it wasn't a smart phone it
    Worked well for me...
    Anyhow just tired of all the bashing the instinct gets
    The pre's out now, let it go
    Pre Rules
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Is there a way to use sprint navigation from your contacts? or just google maps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltaco View Post
    Unfortunate for Palm and Pre, due to this forum I am holding off on getting the Pre. Other than browsing the web, my Instinct seems to be a solid device compared to the complaints about the Pre. After seeing the remarks praising the Pre: Pandora, web browsing, and multi-tasking. I realized I could get Pandora on my Instinct.

Now if Palm gets their firmware / software / hardware in order. I will be looking back to the Pre.
    Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!?! Samsung has yet to fix the simple issues with the Instinct software and it's been on the market for well over a year (close to hitting 2 years I believe).

Pandora on the Instink doesn't hold a candle to Pandora on the Pre. Do yourself a favor and go to a Sprint store (or Best Buy or wherever) and play with a Pre before you decide.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
    I just wanted to know what the Instinct 2 does better than the pre? I'm not talking about the Instinct 1. Does the Instinct 2 have better battery life? I know it has visual voicemail. What about web browser?

Does the Instinct have text messaging that has an inbox and sent unlike the Pre?

Does it show incoming, received, missed, and call history unilike pre?

I'm just curious if anyone thinks the instinct 2 is better than the pre and if so why?

What features does the pre have that the instinct 2 doesn't.

The reason I'm asking is because my friend claims that the instinct 2 is better than the pre but I tell him he is wrong. I don't know how that could be.

Please let me know what the instinct does better and what is easier to do on it than the pre and what the pre does better than the instinct 2.

Did anyone go from the instinct 2 to the pre? Not the instinct 1 to the pre.

lmao... there is no comparison!
    this is not even fair guys come on....i was about to get the instinct b4 i found out about the pre....and i was like wtf is the pre...when i saw it....the instinct just went down the drain
    I dont even see why Samsung bothered to release the S30. I can do everything on my original Instinct that the S30 can, besides the 2x zoom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    I dont even see why Samsung bothered to release the S30. I can do everything on my original Instinct that the S30 can, besides the 2x zoom.
    the other difference they messed up with the s30 is they made is evdo rev 0 instead of A which for some ppl is important
    I had UPgraded from the Instinct to the Pre. I must say there are only a few things I miss about the Instinct: the complimentary battery and charger case, visual voicemail, and live search function. That's about it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12