1.    #1  
    Anyone else move from the Samsung Instinct to the Pre? I didn't.. however my girlfriend did and she absolutely loves the Pre. I went from the BB Curve and dont miss a thing however she only had two complaints coming from the Instinct.

1. Batteries : With the Instinct she had two batteries and an external charger, plus the phone was easy for her to get apart to change them. I am considering getting an external Centro charger for her because when I got my replacement they let me keep the extra battery, however the back case isn't exactly "easy" to get off.

2. The on-screen Keyboard. When she first got the Instinct she absolutley hated the keyboard... the phone was almost returned because of it.. now I keep hearing "I wish there was an on screen keyboard on the Pre" and I have to agree.. For quick things like txt's and web surfing a on-screen keyboard would be the bee's knees!

Hands down she is happier with the Pre, the proprietary software installed on the Instinct really hinders the phone a lot. if somehow in the future they would be able to get a phone that looked like the Instinct and had Web OS on it I think it would do much better than the Instinct is currently doing. I remember when that phone first came out and all the hype around it.. maybe its just me but I don't hear that too much anymore. Even the new smaller one.. Personally I think the software pretty much hinders the phone..
    Good conclusion. I agree with you. I liked my Instinct but I love my Pre!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    There is no such thing..

It's more like

Pre>Instinct
    I came from an instinct. Things I hated about it:

- touch keyboard. Simply awful. The input would lag as much as a few seconds and it's accuracy sucked.

- My phone would lock up often. Some of the apps stopped working, only to be fixed by a hard reset which deleted all the history/address book entries off the phone.

- built in browser was real bad. Opera mini finally got ported and became usable, albiet still difficult to use with keyboard.

Things I miss:

- Visual Voice Mail. Cmon, Pre... get this puppy out!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    i had the instinct before i switched the to the diamond and IMO, the instinct keyboard was the best i have ever used. it felt perfect to me. now i have the pre and currently its not had easy as the instinct but time will get me adjusted to the physical keyboard,
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirploppy View Post
    I came from an instinct. Things I hated about it:

- touch keyboard. Simply awful. The input would lag as much as a few seconds and it's accuracy sucked.

- My phone would lock up often. Some of the apps stopped working, only to be fixed by a hard reset which deleted all the history/address book entries off the phone.

- built in browser was real bad. Opera mini finally got ported and became usable, albiet still difficult to use with keyboard.

Things I miss:

- Visual Voice Mail. Cmon, Pre... get this puppy out!
    Every single thing you just said to a T is what my girlfriend was going through with the instinct..

The phone would lock up
    The keyboard lagged
    Their is almost NO third party app support.. me coming from Palm OS and Windows Mobile saw this disaster when the phone first came out..
    Programs would suddenly stop working... for no reason.. however when you would take the battery out and reinsert it they would work again (Weather Program)
    Some emails would come as fast as on a blackberry while others would take 10-15 minutes!
    The battery life when listening to sprint radio was HORRIBLE... 2 1/2 hours with three bars.
    Went from Treo755 to the Instinct.

The only two things I miss are the spell check and the landscape on screen keyboard when browsing.

I missed the Treo. I don't miss the Instinct. I really love my Pre.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Good conclusion. I agree with you. I liked my Instinct but I love my Pre!

Totally agree with this... In fact sold my intinct for 137 on ebay. paid for 3/4's of the Pre. Well worth it!!
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    instinct vs pre, that is like comparing a corvette to a dodge neon
    I had a PreLaunch Instinct and never had any issues with it.

But WOW what a difference this Pre is. It just seems to flow much better.

Now I do miss a few things that were on the Instinct but I'm sure they are on their way. My biggest is no Voice record and now with no VVM i can't even send that to myself. used this all the time for parking locations and such.

I love the touchstone charger and can't wait for them to come out with a Car Carrier with one built in. I was also looking at a spare battery in a case but might just get the CallPOd FuelCell to use instead.
    I got to where I loathed the Instinkt due to the lack of support/apps/lack of customization/Extremely laggy keypad... The sloooow nasty browser/even with Opera it was a painful experience. The Pre browser is great! Even loads some pages faster on EVDO than my computer at work does over the LAN. About the only thing I miss is the visual voicemail, and I think the alarm clock had a slight edge over the current one on the Pre. Also miss that handy spare battery charger. Looking at getting the Centro charger soon though.

Oh and I forgot to mention that unlike many who have had reception issues I have actually had quite improved reception with my Pre over the Instinkt being able to place/keep clear calls in areas where the Instinkt failed to find any signal at all...
    Last edited by sirisaac00; 06/12/2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to Mention...
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I went from Instinct to Pre. I Love it!!!!
    lol pre?
    I came from instinct which I liked but there is no comparison like comparing vw to top of line mercedes
    Fred
    Instinct? Come on! It's not even comparable!
    I had the Instinct and it was the biggest faulure I've ever seen. Nothing worked and it crashed like every day! The web browser isn't even usable, Sprint TV never woeked and when it did the resolution was horrible and froze the phone up after 5 minutes!
    Hopefully you catch my drift and to tell you the truth I would rather have a flip phone that it! At least the work!
    Last edited by Rennat; 06/13/2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Gramer
    Instinct? Come on! It's not even comparable!
    I had the Instinct and it was the biggest faulure I've ever seen. Nothing worked and it crashed every day! The web browser isn't even usable! It was the slowest web browser I ever had, it was horrible at rendering web pages, it almost never worked, and crashed even more that the phone did! Sprint TV was a joke! It never worked and when it did the resolution was horrible plus it froze the phone up after 5 minutes!
    Hopefully you catch my drift that it was HORRIBLE! To tell you the truth I would rather have a flip phone that it! At least the work!