Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Also something else someone said "inspired" me to say this. The person said that it is like buying a console and expecting it to have all the games right when it comes out and this is the reason the Iphone will continue to sell more even when not if the Pre store gets as many apps. Why? Because people will think of it much more highly because it has all these apps for longer thus it must be better.... I for one like the new tech stuff if you like 3 year old teach go ahead get the Iphone

PS. Same thing with the 360 and PS3. The 360 had more games and the PS3s release so it sold more although the PS3 is ahead by exclusives now and he Hardware on the PS3 is FAR FAR FAR better then the 360 it still sells more why? cause the 360 had more games first... But I still have both =)
  2.    #102  
    This comment that I keep seeing repeated over and over and over again everywhere I go (the forum here, the posts at engadget, etc.) that 99% of the iPhone apps are crap is just plain false. There's certainly tons of crap available to download, and I have no idea what the percentages are, but 99%? That's simply ridiculous. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a web-based searchable library (to even just get info about the iPhone apps), so you have to use an iPhone or install iTunes, so I imagine that a lot of the iPhone haters have never even bothered to look through the library. But you own an iPod Touch, so you should know better.

I also see a lot of people comment about how the iPhone has x variations on the same app, and all they need (e.g., for their Pre) is one *good* version. Personally, I like having choice. Not everyone has the same wants/needs. I don't use Twitter at all, and right now there are several Twitter apps for the iPhone. At least a few of them are extremely popular with many people having tried out all of them and settling in on one or the other because they like the way it does its thing. On the pre, the hope that one single Twitter app will somehow fit everyone's needs wonderfully is naive.

As for games, I don't play a lot of games, but I occassionally like to play a puzzle game here or there, and I like to have several available to keep my daughter busy if we're going on a drive or out at a restaurant, and there are plenty of very popular games available for the iPhone. I have to admit that I'm also intrigued by the improved graphics chip on the 3GS and the hope of some impressive FPS games. I've never loved the all-touchscreen method for gaming, but I haven't tried them out on the iPhone, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I'm also interested to see if the gaming developers support some of the 3rd party gaming controllers which will be coming out for the iPhone, now that Apple has added support for 3rd party hardware accessories.

Anyways, for those who haven't guessed by now, or seen my other post mentioning it, I did end up getting an iPhone 3GS (two actually - one for my wife) on release day. I'll stop back later to post some of my good, bad, and ugly experiences with it.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
    This comment that I keep seeing repeated over and over and over again everywhere I go (the forum here, the posts at engadget, etc.) that 99% of the iPhone apps are crap is just plain false. There's certainly tons of crap available to download, and I have no idea what the percentages are, but 99%? That's simply ridiculous. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a web-based searchable library (to even just get info about the iPhone apps), so you have to use an iPhone or install iTunes, so I imagine that a lot of the iPhone haters have never even bothered to look through the library. But you own an iPod Touch, so you should know better.

I also see a lot of people comment about how the iPhone has x variations on the same app, and all they need (e.g., for their Pre) is one *good* version. Personally, I like having choice. Not everyone has the same wants/needs. I don't use Twitter at all, and right now there are several Twitter apps for the iPhone. At least a few of them are extremely popular with many people having tried out all of them and settling in on one or the other because they like the way it does its thing. On the pre, the hope that one single Twitter app will somehow fit everyone's needs wonderfully is naive.

As for games, I don't play a lot of games, but I occassionally like to play a puzzle game here or there, and I like to have several available to keep my daughter busy if we're going on a drive or out at a restaurant, and there are plenty of very popular games available for the iPhone. I have to admit that I'm also intrigued by the improved graphics chip on the 3GS and the hope of some impressive FPS games. I've never loved the all-touchscreen method for gaming, but I haven't tried them out on the iPhone, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I'm also interested to see if the gaming developers support some of the 3rd party gaming controllers which will be coming out for the iPhone, now that Apple has added support for 3rd party hardware accessories.

Anyways, for those who haven't guessed by now, or seen my other post mentioning it, I did end up getting an iPhone 3GS (two actually - one for my wife) on release day. I'll stop back later to post some of my good, bad, and ugly experiences with it.
    Ok One 99% of the 50k is crap, or around 95% meaning there are around 1000k decent apps which is TRUE. Get over because although different people do have different needs and I agree with you we do need variety but it is a confirmed fact that apple allows apps they know won't do well but are within there policy just to add more and why wouldn't they. But it IS tricking people... And the Graphics are not increased in the Iphone 3GS just the speed so things will look a bit better. And also the new add on 3rd party accessories is just a draw in. Not something that will really be used could you imagine playing any real game on a little screen? No and it couldn't even run a REAL game. So have fun with your brain that in my opinion really wanted the iphone for a materioruslistic reason more then functionality reasons....
    I am a long time Treo user and MAC user.If you've used the iphone you can not deny it is a great phone. I love the Tre and all of the things that it did well and I miss some of things that did not make it to the Pre. I hope that Palm, like Apple, listens to its users(not those who have decided that they want to use another device and they have every right to do so) and brings back or forward the changes needed to make the Pre the device we all want it to be. My wife uses an iphone and its a great phone, but the Pre and the WebOS are the future of mobile devices.If you remember it was the iphone that started out a WebOS device. I got my Pre on day 1 and at first I was disappointed. It did not seem to have the snap that the iphone has (and several 3.0 update features that the iphone has my new Pre lacked) but the more I used the Pre the more I liked it an realized how minor software changes could make it a better device. If I were Roger and I had invested $100 mil. in Palm I would be very interested in what the end users had to say. I think Palm is listening and they have people working 24/7 to make the Pre better. So try the Pre if you don't like it you can opt out of your contract and still come out ahead if you compare Sprints prices to AT & T. As for me I'm sticking with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Me View Post
    I am a long time Treo user and MAC user.If you've used the iphone you can not deny it is a great phone. I love the Tre and all of the things that it did well and I miss some of things that did not make it to the Pre. I hope that Palm, like Apple, listens to its users(not those who have decided that they want to use another device and they have every right to do so) and brings back or forward the changes needed to make the Pre the device we all want it to be. My wife uses an iphone and its a great phone, but the Pre and the WebOS are the future of mobile devices.If you remember it was the iphone that started out a WebOS device. I got my Pre on day 1 and at first I was disappointed. It did not seem to have the snap that the iphone has (and several 3.0 update features that the iphone has my new Pre lacked) but the more I used the Pre the more I liked it an realized how minor software changes could make it a better device. If I were Roger and I had invested $100 mil. in Palm I would be very interested in what the end users had to say. I think Palm is listening and they have people working 24/7 to make the Pre better. So try the Pre if you don't like it you can opt out of your contract and still come out ahead if you compare Sprints prices to AT & T. As for me I'm sticking with my Pre.
    Yep pick what you like, exactly. I found it easier to take price out of the equation and make a decision independent of money as the difference isn't THAT huge on a monthly basis. As for cell networks, all cell networks suck somewhere, so that's not a great metric IMHO.

Compares phones, go from there I say.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by live_free View Post
    Ok One 99% of the 50k is crap, or around 95% meaning there are around 1000k decent apps which is TRUE. Get over because although different people do have different needs and I agree with you we do need variety but it is a confirmed fact that apple allows apps they know won't do well but are within there policy just to add more and why wouldn't they. But it IS tricking people... And the Graphics are not increased in the Iphone 3GS just the speed so things will look a bit better. And also the new add on 3rd party accessories is just a draw in. Not something that will really be used could you imagine playing any real game on a little screen? No and it couldn't even run a REAL game. So have fun with your brain that in my opinion really wanted the iphone for a materioruslistic reason more then functionality reasons....
    Actually the graphics are improved on the iphone 3gs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    Actually the graphics are improved on the iphone 3gs.
    Actually there not it is the SAME gpu and graphical processors. It just looks better because it is faster and can handle more processes on the screen at one time.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by live_free View Post
    Actually there not it is the SAME gpu and graphical processors. It just looks better because it is faster and can handle more processes on the screen at one time.
    I, and apparently most of the rest of the world, believes that you are mistaken:
    Gizmodo - iPhone 3GS: Just How Awesome Are the Graphics Gonna Get, Really? - iPhone 3G S
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I just decided to get an iphone after I left the wack sprint store, that wouldn't let me exchange my pre that had a dead pixel on it. Its supposed to come in tomorrow so hopefully I like it. I figure when ATT gets the new webos device from palm at-least I can buy it on ebay and switch my sim card in it.
    i also decided to go iPhone 3gs. WebOs will be great in about a year which I can't wait for! But the issue for me was I didn't care for the design of the Pre.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456