1.    #1  
    I am not sure that I could wait for the next HS Visor w/ color. Thus I have been checking out the Clie PEG-N610 lately and want to know if anyone have any comments about it?
    Any information is greatly appreciated.
    I would think that virtually all of the comments pertaining to the 710 would apply. Excluding those regarding MP3 playback, of course. They are basically the same unit, except 610 has OS4.0, thus allowing the screen to display 16bit color.

Of course, now Sony has released the 760, which is the 710 with OS4.1 installed.

I would say if you do not want or need MP3 playback, then save the $100.00 and get the 610. Either way, I feel you cannot go wrong. I would definately suggest going into a store and playing around with one. We have a CompUSA here in Alpharetta that actually let me take a 710 outside and compare the screen to my Prism. It was nice being able to compare them side by side.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Personally I wanted to wait for a handspring color model with a screen like the Clie. I didn't want to give up the springboard slot.
    I decided to get a Clie and sell it on Ebay when Handspring came up with a nice color unit someday. Now that I have it I must say that it is a fine piece of workmanship. The screen is beautiful and I will not give up the 320x320 screen, ever. The only bad thing is the buttons are a little hard to push if you want to play games. Zap2000 is almost unplayable due to the buttons. I hope someone comes out with replacement buttons or little stick on rubber caps.

At first I thought I would not need a memory stick since they seem expensive but compared to Springboard flash memory cards they are not any more expensive. I already have a 32mb card which is used to backup the unit as well as store several large movies, pictures and programs. This is a good thing. Support is also built in for memory sticks in the palm OS 4.

Bottom line, the Clie 610 is probably the best all around color Palm OS device. I will go back to handspring as soon as they match the screen quality.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by olendorf

At first I thought I would not need a memory stick since they seem expensive but compared to Springboard flash memory cards they are not any more expensive. I already have a 32mb card which is used to backup the unit as well as store several large movies, pictures and programs. This is a good thing. Support is also built in for memory sticks in the palm OS 4.
    From what I read, the 610 comes with 8Mb of RAM and NO memory stick. Does it support memory stick of size > 64Mb? Thanks.
    Originally posted by SpeakerCoach

From what I read, the 610 comes with 8Mb of RAM and NO memory stick. Does it support memory stick of size > 64Mb? Thanks.
    Yes it does. All of the Clies (S300, S320, N610c/v, N710c, N760c) support the various memsticks.

8MB, 16MB, 32MB, 64MB and 128MB. Plus there is a rumored gigabyte Stick in the works by a third party.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by olendorf
    I will go back to handspring as soon as they match the screen quality.
    That's exactly where I am; but I do have a timeline. If Sony comes out with better buttons (or someone comes up with a way to make the Sony buttons better), or HandSpring just doesn't do anything by next Spring, I think I'll give the VDX the heave-ho (including all the accessories, sigh) and go to something else.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."