1.    #1  
    Anand just put up his *preview* of the 3GS's specs:

AnandTech: The iPhone 3GS Hardware Exposed & Analyzed

It sounds like it's about the same hardware as the Pre, maybe even a little inferior in the GPU department since the 3430 has an SGX 530.

This leads me to wonder if apple can make their battery last as long as they claim, then palm should be able to as well (at least better than it is now) since the hardware sounds so similar.

This also makes me glad that to know that Pre *should* be able to handle any 3d graphic intensity the new 3GS can.

Anyways it's all just hear say until the hardware actually comes out, but Anand usually is pretty non-bias and a good reviewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    Anand just put up his *preview* of the 3GS's specs:

AnandTech: The iPhone 3GS Hardware Exposed & Analyzed

It sounds like it's about the same hardware as the Pre, maybe even a little inferior in the GPU department since the 3430 has an SGX 530.

This leads me to wonder if apple can make their battery last as long as they claim, then palm should be able to as well (at least better than it is now) since the hardware sounds so similar.

This also makes me glad that to know that Pre *should* be able to handle any 3d graphic intensity the new 3GS can.

Anyways it's all just hear say until the hardware actually comes out, but Anand usually is pretty non-bias and a good reviewer.
    From the article:
    "The difference is that while the Pre uses its excess horsepower to enable user-level application multitasking, Apple won’t be. The Pre is most definitely faster than the iPhone, but it still has some rough edges. Combine the power of the Pre with the highly optimized software stack of the iPhone and you’ve got the recipe of an extremely fast iPhone."

Even though they use similar hardware I doubt Palm would ever come close to the iPhone 3G S battery life because of this statement. Also GSM in general uses less power than CDMA. Interestingly, they compared iPhone 3G and Palm Pre battery lifes and they were about the same. I'm guessing they didn't have hotmail or AIM going.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  3.    #3  
    i dont know how he did those battery life tests, but it sounds like he's not multi tasking (web browsing, talk time), so he *should* be able to achieve the same battery life of the gs right? I mean theoretically, it could have the same battery life as the iphone, if the user only has one app open and used it just like an iphone (but what would be the fun in that)

i guess you can't have best of both worlds (multi tasking and ever lasting battery), but there's gotta be some clever software hacks/algorithms that could make the pre more processing efficient and thus battery efficient than its currently now, besides the 3rd party app bug fixes.