Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Yes I had the Palm Pre; wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. I can tell you it surely did not. So after having a plethora of phones listed below this is how I would rank them out of 5 stars: ( This is the phone not the service....ATT service sucks......just thought I would through that in )

In my opinion they stack up like this (for the time they came out so don't compare the curve to the Bold as the Bold is a bit new of a phone):

Palm Pre **
    Blackberry Javelin
    Blackberry Bold *****
    Blackberry curve ****
    Iphone 2g ***
    Iphone 3g ***
    Treo 800w **
    HTC touch pro **
    Treo 700 ****
    Palm Centro ****

After having the Palm Pre for two days I realized that there was no way you could really use a phone like this in a work envirmonent; which when they mentioned EAS support over the last few months prior to the release make one feel as though it was going to be a business phone.

So when your making a call on the Palm Pre and need to access information it is not that intuative and infact can be dangerous when working with high priority clients. I had issues where the phone would dial wrong number and it would take too long for you to end the call after it started dialing the wrong number.

The battery life was absolutely shameful and that is just the way it is. I plugged in the phone at night woke up and unplugged around 9am with a full battery and around 2pm that same day the phone went black, just died from lack of battery power.

The keyboard is not that bad but can't hold a flame to the Bold or 8900 or even the Curve.

Speed wise the phone is ok but can sometimes be a bit slow to pull up a card but overall not bad speed wise.

The browser was very good but also very small.....keep in mind that this phone has a small screen compared to the Iphone. I don't think I enjoy touch screen devices as there are too many false hits on the screen.

The phone had numerous bugs and would not allow you to use certain symbols when putting in a web address.

Anyway .......that is all for now and I am loving my 8900......Blackberry rules!
    Ooooops, I think you meant to post here: CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers

Thanks for stopping by.
    Yeah. See ya
    Wtf....this is getting ridiculous. New posters just coming here to ***** and talk about how every other phone is better.

If you like blackberry, then enjoy blackberry....clearly you made a stupid decision to pick up the Pre cause we knew pretty much everything about the phone.
    I don't agree with you as I've been using the phone, very successfully, in a business environement.

I thought the battery was going to be bad as well, but took some basic steps and I'm still at ~40% from 9am - 4pm with using it on and off all day.
    This is about on par with my previous phone.

Touchscreen devices are not for everyone, that's for sure.

Good luck with your phone.
    Mods, Ban this ***** already please! He already started an 'I'm moving back to the 8900' thread here I guess since it got moved to the Cross Platform discussion and he got flamed for being an ***** in his original post he decided he needed to start another such thread. This one being slightly more comprehensible but that's no excuse.

OP, STOP Trolling!!! If you want to move on...like you said in your other post...then please do so.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    2 days is not even enough time to develop the muscle memory to use the phone...
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Why are you so hateful ...........just read it or don't .....this is the beauty of a free country, is it not?
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post

Palm Pre **
    Blackberry Javelin
    Blackberry Bold *****
    Blackberry curve ****
    Iphone 2g ***
    Iphone 3g ***
    Treo 800w **
    HTC touch pro **
    Treo 700 ****
    Palm Centro ****
    Well, let's see.

You clearly do not need or do not like touchscreens. (Pre, Iphone, Touch pro are your worst phones)

You do not like or need and sort of multiple contact syncs, social media, or audio video (seeing as Blackberry OS is your top rated)

That means, that you are wrong that the Pre did not live up to its hype because Palm clearly stated this phone was an in between work and home phone.

So go back to the crackberry forums.
    Why are you so hateful ...........just read it or don't .....this is the beauty of a free country, is it not?
    Yes, it's a free country, but that has nothing to do with this forum. It's moderated private property, and we all enjoy it at the pleasure of the moderators.

Nevertheless, to the extent that said moderators decide to allow us to post, we're certainly as free to call you out for being a troll as you are to troll. And, you're just as free to read the responses, or not. Apparently, you perceive that you're entitled to some sort of special protection, simply because you've posted something controversial.

I'd say, you're not. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    He is clearly not clever enough to use an advanced device like the Pre
    Actually Trolling is NOT permitted in the forum and I did read your other post with the SAME EXACT TITLE (That makes 2 more minutes of my life I will never get back). Were you not getting enough attention when it got moved to the Cross Platform forum? Didn't you get the freaking HINT when you first lame post got moved from the Pre forum...?

Some people are slow learners when it comes to simple things like an online forum...how can they be expected to fully comprehend something as advanced as the Palm Pre? Not going to happen in this lifetime!
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Sigh, why is everyone so hostile?
    The Pre is not for him, is that any reason to insult him?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Wtf....this is getting ridiculous. New posters just coming here to ***** and talk about how every other phone is better..
    Seems like you ought to take your own words to heart.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Yes I had the Palm Pre; wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. I can tell you it surely did not. So after having a plethora of phones listed below this is how I would rank them out of 5 stars: ( This is the phone not the service....ATT service sucks......just thought I would through that in )

In my opinion they stack up like this (for the time they came out so don't compare the curve to the Bold as the Bold is a bit new of a phone):

Palm Pre **
    Blackberry Javelin
    Blackberry Bold *****
    Blackberry curve ****
    Iphone 2g ***
    Iphone 3g ***
    Treo 800w **
    HTC touch pro **
    Treo 700 ****
    Palm Centro ****

After having the Palm Pre for two days I realized that there was no way you could really use a phone like this in a work envirmonent; which when they mentioned EAS support over the last few months prior to the release make one feel as though it was going to be a business phone.

So when your making a call on the Palm Pre and need to access information it is not that intuative and infact can be dangerous when working with high priority clients. I had issues where the phone would dial wrong number and it would take too long for you to end the call after it started dialing the wrong number.

The battery life was absolutely shameful and that is just the way it is. I plugged in the phone at night woke up and unplugged around 9am with a full battery and around 2pm that same day the phone went black, just died from lack of battery power.

The keyboard is not that bad but can't hold a flame to the Bold or 8900 or even the Curve.

Speed wise the phone is ok but can sometimes be a bit slow to pull up a card but overall not bad speed wise.

The browser was very good but also very small.....keep in mind that this phone has a small screen compared to the Iphone. I don't think I enjoy touch screen devices as there are too many false hits on the screen.

The phone had numerous bugs and would not allow you to use certain symbols when putting in a web address.

Anyway .......that is all for now and I am loving my 8900......Blackberry rules!
    You're an *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Sigh, why is everyone so hostile?
    The Pre is not for him, is that any reason to insult him?
    Did you happen to read his exact same post that got moved from the Pre forum to the Cross Platform forum with all the freaking ........ periods???? HERE

I had no problem responding to that thread but the poor little Troll was not getting any hits in the Cross Platform forum (duh) so he thought he would start over in the Pre forum with the EXACT SAME topic.

That's my problem...I could give a tiny rats backside if i keeps the Pre or whatever. Blatant Trolling should not go unpunished.
    Last edited by Wirelessness; 06/09/2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: added hyperlink
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    The 700p gets 4 stars...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MORON! Go live in a boring business world!
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    I don't know about trolling but I do see blatant forum member abuse and stalking too. Oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Wtf....this is getting ridiculous. New posters just coming here to ***** and talk about how every other phone is better.

If you like blackberry, then enjoy blackberry....clearly you made a stupid decision to pick up the Pre cause we knew pretty much everything about the phone.
    Doug, if you dont want to see these posts stay away from the forums. They will be here for ever. Just the way it is.

For people who dont have the device and are on the fence, these kinds of posts can be very informative. Its always good to get alternative views. Hopefully the Mods will creat a rant and raves sub forum to help keep things a bit more focused.
    Everyone makes their own decisions. Some people are more comfortable in the company of the flock.

Personally, I find the Pre to be a game changer. As a business owner I am always looking for ways to be more efficient. In the 3 short days that I've owned my Pre I have already had a "lightbulb" moment that made me realize I couldn't go back to my 755 because of the efficiency of having a PDA that works the way I do. I use multiple data sources, I multi-task, I require one hand usability and the Pre meets those needs, some of which have become my new requirements; requirements I didn't know I had 3 days ago.

I am not sure yet, but the Pre may be the best PDA I have owned since the Psion 300(a) and that would be the highest compliment I could give to a PDA, that of a game changer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast