1.    #1  
    anyone else see this yet?

Official iPhone 3GS "No Subsidized Price For Loyal iPhone Users" Thread - Apple - Wireless Forums from AT&T

interesting read. i actually feel for the early adopters because i feel that with just about any company, new costumers get preferential treatment. i mean, like even with sprint. i wasn't able to upgrade my line because the contract isn't up, so we only have 1 pre right now (on a new contract). i dont understand why i cant upgrade and get the phone now if i extend my contract 2 years plus whats remaining on my existing contract (a meager 4 months). id gladly have a 2 year 4 month contract if i could get a pre for 199, and in the end doesn't sprint come out the same(maybe even more since i'd be moving out of my sero)?
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    anyone else see this yet?

Official iPhone 3GS "No Subsidized Price For Loyal iPhone Users" Thread - Apple - Wireless Forums from AT&T

interesting read. i actually feel for the early adopters because i feel that with just about any company, new costumers get preferential treatment. i mean, like even with sprint. i wasn't able to upgrade my line because the contract isn't up, so we only have 1 pre right now (on a new contract). i dont understand why i cant upgrade and get the phone now if i extend my contract 2 years plus whats remaining on my existing contract (a meager 4 months). id gladly have a 2 year 4 month contract if i could get a pre for 199, and in the end doesn't sprint come out the same(maybe even more since i'd be moving out of my sero)?
    Cuz if you have one, they figure you are not going anywhere so you have to pay up. Sprint was trying to stop the bleeding, so they offered the upgrade to exisiting customers. Good for Sprint. It will be good for ATT too, because people will apparently put up with that network for that device no matter what.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  3.    #3  
    sprint didn't let me upgrade because i'm not eligible yet. i'm 4 months away from being eligible as i have 6 months remaining on my contract.