Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Do you really think anecdotal evidence means anything?
    Nope, but my anecdotal response was to the posters anecdotal response.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Can't imagine paying out of contract for the new iphone. 699? Someone said AT&T "might" offer it for 499 to 3G users.

Are you really going to shell out $699 for video recording? How's Apple going to sell these things? Then on top of it, AT&T will charge 50+ for tethering and additional for MMS. Starts to get insane... Add in all the new in-app nickel and diming and don't forget to factor that Tom Tom monthly bill.
    AT$T stinks. They will sell millions of them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsturtz View Post
    I have a nice Nikon camera and a camcorder for recording the things that are important to me. I would not attempt to capture the important memories on any phone. That's just me.
    That's crazy talk, man. Moby has lots of precious memories he wants to capture and immortalize, and what better to stand the test of time than video quality roughly on par with a Webcam from the early 2000s?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Less common techniques? Please define what that means. The 10s of millions of corporate exchange users might not agree.
    Less common techniques meaning the security policies and PINs you are talking about. You are the first person I've seen on here talking about them. So thus to me, they seem less common. Maybe you could describe more in detail what issue you are running into.

From what I have read, you should really be using a Windows Mobile phone if you want to connect to your exchange server. So I would either get a Treo Pro or Touch Pro 2 looks nice (coming out soon I think).
    That's crazy talk, man. Moby has lots of precious memories he wants to capture and immortalize, and what better to stand the test of time than video quality roughly on par with a Webcam from the early 2000s?
    Yet if the Pre had it, it would be totally awesome.

Why include a camera then if I can just carry a real camera?
    Why include a music player when I can just carry an iPod?
    Why include a video player when I can just carry a portable dvd player?
    Why include a memo app when I can just carry a paper notebook?
    Why include a calendar when I can just carry a filofax?

If the Pre doesn't have it, nobody needs it.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Less common techniques meaning the security policies and PINs you are talking about. You are the first person I've seen on here talking about them. So thus to me, they seem less common. Maybe you could describe more in detail what issue you are running into.

From what I have read, you should really be using a Windows Mobile phone if you want to connect to your exchange server. So I would either get a Treo Pro or Touch Pro 2 looks nice (coming out soon I think).
    let me introduce you to the search button. You will see plenty of other posts.

Search button , please meet krische. Krische, please meet search button.
    Yet if the Pre had it, it would be totally awesome.
    No, it wouldn't. I shot videos of my toddler on my S30 to send to the grandparents. But my wife also takes our dedicated 8 megapixel everywhere (she has a dumbphone and a 16GB iPod Touch we occasionally share), and when you look at the photos and video clip quality, you can understand why.

Gizmodo just had an article a week or so back where they took a look at the cellphone pictures from an EIGHT megapixel Sony compared to iPhone 2MP photos...and they all blew. Sure, you can just shrink them to hide the pixelation and noise, but you can do that with any cameraphone. This area of convergence has a ways to go for all smartphone manufacturers, Palm and Sprint included.

Why include a camera then if I can just carry a real camera?
    Because sometimes you want to snap impromptu stuff quickly, and sometimes you really want quality photos that look great at any size and WILL stand the test of time?

Why include a music player when I can just carry an iPod?
    Why include a video player when I can just carry a portable dvd player?
    Why include a memo app when I can just carry a paper notebook?
    Why include a calendar when I can just carry a filofax?

If the Pre doesn't have it, nobody needs it.
    Don't be silly. It's about convenience, not superior quality.
    Don't be silly. It's about convenience, not superior quality.
    and just like that your proved my point. Thanks. I never said it was about superior quality.
    and just like that your proved my point. Thanks. I never said it was about superior quality.
    I don't think you quite read everything I posted.
    I don't think you quite read everything I posted.
    but I did. Maybe the point your were making in your head didn't play out well when written out.
    Just to clarify pricing... the iPhone for early upgrade customers (3G owners) will be $399 for a 16GB iPhone 3GS and $499 for a 32GB version. This is a $200 dollar premium, not the $699 figure being mentioned.

The device without a contract will be $599 for the 16GB and $699 for the 32.

If you think through this logically it makes sense, AT&T is subsidizing new and qualifying customers a full $400 dollars, if a customer chooses to upgrade early (on a two-year contract) they are footing 1/2 the cost.
    but I did. Maybe the point your were making in your head didn't play out well when written out.
    Wow, you missed it completely.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    let me introduce you to the search button. You will see plenty of other posts.

Search button , please meet krische. Krische, please meet search button.
    Ok, I still don't understand why you are complaining on here. If the Pre doesn't have the functionality you desire, then why buy it?
    Ok, I still don't understand why you are complaining on here. If the Pre doesn't have the functionality you desire, then why buy it?
    Wow, you are 100 percent satisfied with your Pre. You are the greatest Palm customer in the world.
    499 or 699, that's a big chunk of change for video recording, a slight speed increase, 16 more gb, and voice gimmicks. In addition to an insanely high plan already, add in MMS fees, tethering fees, in-app fees, navigation fees, etc and i think the Pre looks pretty good.

Apple & AT&T look to be zeroing in on milking iphone users..
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Wow, you are 100 percent satisfied with your Pre. You are the greatest Palm customer in the world.
    No, never 100% satisfied. There is always room for improvement. But overall, I am definitely quite satisfied. I know it may be surprising, but I do my research before spending hundreds of dollars on a phone. If I'm going to spend my money on a phone, I'm going to make sure it has the functionality I want and need. Right now, the Pre meets ALL of my needs, and satisfies some of my wants.

The way I look at it, as long as the phone meets all of my needs, I don't have anything to complain about. Sure one could complain about the lack of stuff they want, but it is just that, stuff you want, not need. Right now, all I need is for it to make calls (check), sync with exchange (check), sync with gmail (check), text message (check). Those are all my needs and the Pre fulfills those just fine. It also satisfies some of my wants: slick interface, multitasking, great web browsing, nice notifications, and many others.

So in your instance, if the Pre doesn't even meet one of your needs, then you shouldn't have the phone. At the bare minimum, a phone should be able to do what you need. If it doesn't, then you shouldn't have bought it and definitely shouldn't be complaining because there are other phones that will satisfy your needs and you should be using those.
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    499 or 699, that's a big chunk of change for video recording, a slight speed increase, 16 more gb, and voice gimmicks. In addition to an insanely high plan already, add in MMS fees, tethering fees, in-app fees, navigation fees, etc and i think the Pre looks pretty good.

100% true.

Luckily a co worker of mine bought an iphone for 199 one week back, he now thinks he can return it in the 30 day period and buy the new one for 99.

They now got 20 million cows to milk .
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    and if it doesn't offend my friend goat ,
    ATT got another 15 millions goats ( ipod touch users ) to add to the cows above .

just sayin,

this is stupid. Nobody is forcing anybody to upgrade. Current iPhone owners get the huge OS update for free on June 17.
    No, never 100% satisfied. There is always room for improvement. But overall, I am definitely quite satisfied. I know it may be surprising, but I do my research before spending hundreds of dollars on a phone. If I'm going to spend my money on a phone, I'm going to make sure it has the functionality I want and need. Right now, the Pre meets ALL of my needs, and satisfies some of my wants.

The way I look at it, as long as the phone meets all of my needs, I don't have anything to complain about. Sure one could complain about the lack of stuff they want, but it is just that, stuff you want, not need. Right now, all I need is for it to make calls (check), sync with exchange (check), sync with gmail (check), text message (check). Those are all my needs and the Pre fulfills those just fine. It also satisfies some of my wants: slick interface, multitasking, great web browsing, nice notifications, and many others.

So in your instance, if the Pre doesn't even meet one of your needs, then you shouldn't have the phone. At the bare minimum, a phone should be able to do what you need. If it doesn't, then you shouldn't have bought it and definitely shouldn't be complaining because there are other phones that will satisfy your needs and you should be using those.
    First of all you need to check your facts. Palm advertised the Pre as being Exchange Activesync compatible. Nowhere did they say that it would be a scaled down incomplete version. I actually had a Palm employee tell me it was a blunder that they would hopefully remedy soon.