Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 229
  1. #81  
    The battery life on the iphone is not great also. Remember, the PRE is pushing ALL THE TIME where the iphone, well, its not there yet. Only email. And whats this..? No MMS for at&t until August?! LOL, are they kidding?? So the phone will come out next week and you will have features that dont work?? I love the page on apples site that shows mms in action... You can see the red error message to the right of each mms telling you it failed to send. Aside from video recording which I'm sure the pre will drop in an update, pre wins hands down. I am also an iphone owner and I can say the pre is abit better with the current 3g iphone with battery life. owe, and the price of the new iphone if you are out of contract with att which sooooooo many people are as they only picked up the 3g last year, are you REALLY gonna pay $599...?!?! LOL What croud are they expecting to pull from?? Only new iphone users will gain from this.
  2. #82  
    This is a fascinating conversation. Then there are those of us that use our devices for work related purposes and need those devices to multi-task, including email, voice control and all of those other important things plus listen to noise, et cetera. Goodness, WM devices do it well. In fact, most of what my Touch Pro does is done better on it than the iPhone. What a shame to purchase a device that lays the claim to be really great at entertainment, watching video and noise. What a shame.
  3. imasu49's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #83  
    There are alot of areas you could make valid arguments in favor of the pre, but software updates (how does one establish a track record with one occurrence?) and saying an ipod touch is basically equivalent to an iphone 3gs? Really? I think that's a bit of an oversimplification.
    Last edited by imasu49; 06/09/2009 at 12:13 PM.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    You obviously dont work in a corporate environment that requires password PINs and policies. The PRE cannot do this.
    I'd have a seperate Blackberry and line exclusively for company business in such an environment if I took my job seriously.
  5. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    You obviously dont work in a corporate environment that requires password PINs and policies. The PRE cannot do this.
    Nope, that stuff isn't necessary for our exchange.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by imasu49 View Post
    There are alot of areas you could make valid arguments in favor of the pre, but software updates (how does one establish a track record with one occurrence?) and saying an ipod touch is basically equivalent to an iphone 3gs? Really? I think that's a bit of an oversimplification.
    Out of 50,000 apps for iPhone including the ones native to the OS, please list for me thes the 3GS will run that the iPhone sold two years ago at launch will not.
  7. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    You go and sign a two year further contract with AT&T for a higher price then we're paying for Sprint and continue to get the slight tweaks and minor updates that the iPhone will get over the next few years.
    We need few folks like this to improve the economy
  8. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    This is a fascinating conversation. Then there are those of us that use our devices for work related purposes and need those devices to multi-task, including email, voice control and all of those other important things plus listen to noise, et cetera. Goodness, WM devices do it well. In fact, most of what my Touch Pro does is done better on it than the iPhone. What a shame to purchase a device that lays the claim to be really great at entertainment, watching video and noise. What a shame.
    yup I agree, it a fascinating conversation.

    Now get your three more posts and hit that 5000 mark
  9. Viscott's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #89  
    Everyone has a different story on what works for them…..

    A phone that uses the internet constantly to update is useless without connectivity. AT&T has lousy reception in my house. My neighbors with iPhones have to stand outside in the parking lot to talk on their phone. AT&T has been like that forever in this area of West Hollywood.

    The iPhone requires iTunes. iTunes is the biggest piece of bloatware I have ever used. Every version revision has been a horrible installation procedure. Syncing an iPod on a Windows PC is very frustrating. I can't tell you how many times I have moved the dock from usb port to port. Still not be able to update my podcasts. I gave up. Zune just works.

    Based on this alone, you would think Apple would want their flagship products to just work with Windows. The Genius Bar will feed you BS that it's a Windows thing. Why then say the products work with Windows, when they don't.

    Ironically the image we see with ad's is not quite the same as the user experience. Check out the Apple forums, many people are having nightmares with Apple products.

    Apple sales figures are not as accurate as most people think they are. They have probably sold at least 2 iPods and now 2 iPhones to every customer.

    Apple in the past will not give you something that should clearly be a software update, instead they want you to buy a new iPod. Apple is doing the same as GM with planned obsolescence. Remember when they added search to a new model? Guess what you can’t update your iPod, you have to buy a new one. Are you seeing a pattern yet. Apple is just harvesting their base and milking them.

    I purchased a Macbook for testing clients websites on Safari and Firefox. To my suprise Apple charged me $1.99 for a driver to make 802.11n work. I just spent $1,500.00 and the hardaware was inside the computer and you want to charge me $1.99 to make something work that I already paid for. LAME!

    I have always been curious how many iPhone users will honestly tell you what they think of the phone. Do they say they love it, but really hate it because they have to stand outside to use the phone? Or do they really get good reception and the phone just works.

    Either way AT&T is the weakest link and Apple with the snake oil sales department just does not work for me.

    No matter what the technology is, it should just work. And AT&T in Los Angeles is a joke.

    This is Sprint and Verizon territory.

    The Palm Pre is very well thought out for a first generation phone and works just as you expect it to. I’ll take this phone any day over a iPhone, Blackberry or Instinct.

    You see it’s not the same for everyone. Everyone has different experiences and needs. No one carrier and phone will suit everyone.
    HTC EVO 4G
    Treo 700w > Blackberry 8830 > Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G
  10. imasu49's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Who doesn't add value to their previous iterations of hardware these days, tho (well aside from WinMo)? Not really much of a differentiator.



    For $10 or $20 (one of the two), you can throw 3.0 on the iPod Touch and make it a valid comparison. Or you could always throw caution to the wind...I did in buying the Pre on day one. But I love it. If you decide to that for a iPhone 3GS, I hope you feel the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Out of 50,000 apps for iPhone including the ones native to the OS, please list for me thes the 3GS will run that the iPhone sold two years ago at launch will not.

    When did this become a discussion about apps? Wait, weren't you just comparing the ipod touch to the iphone 3gs? Now it's the original iphone and the iphone 3gs used for comparison?
    Last edited by imasu49; 06/09/2009 at 12:28 PM.
  11. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I only wish my Pre could underwhelm with some of the new features announced today.

    I actually like my Pre, but its really been relegated to second place status because of the unbearable battery life
    Dude,
    Start replying to a post and finish a couple of sentences.
    Then call someone , talk , close the dialer.

    Go right back to the browser , and add two more sentences to your post then hit submit reply.

    If you can manage to not to rewrite the first two sentences prior to your phone call, I bow to the iPhone.

    Its called multitasking and it saves time. Aren't we paying good money to save the time ?
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Right. I forgot about the compass, video recording, and Nike+ support...because those are compelling reasons to buy a smartphone. Yup.
    Well a better camera and video recording is pretty useful for me since I take so many pics and videos of my new baby.

    But I was definitely disappointed by the refresh of the 3G and I think Palm has a great shot at taking even more market share once webOS moves to AT&T and Verizon.
  13. #93  
    I know we are 2 years into the future but I had the first iphone at launch and all I can say is palm did it WAY better than apple did! I know the app store is apple's bread & butter and it IS an amazing thing to have but the fact that they even took a low blow towards palm's app store with their few apps on day 3 is messed up. Give palm some time, they will shine with the apps. I reember the days when the treo 600 came out and how that changed things forever. Apple was about to belly up then right..? Now what I would LOVE to see is palm put out an update with video record in week one..? LOL, what a stab at apple THAT would be!
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    I'd have a seperate Blackberry and line exclusively for company business in such an environment if I took my job seriously.
    I hope Palm doesn't adopt this into their advertising strategy.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Dude,
    Start replying to a post and finish a couple of sentences.
    Then call someone , talk , close the dialer.

    Go right back to the browser , and add two more sentences to your post then hit submit reply.

    If you can manage to not to rewrite the first two sentences prior to your phone call, I bow to the iPhone.

    Its called multitasking and it saves time. Aren't we paying good money to save the time ?
    say what? Just because that scenario worked out in your head, doesn't mean we understand.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Nope, that stuff isn't necessary for our exchange.
    But it is for mine.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by imasu49 View Post
    When did this become a discussion about apps? Wait, weren't you just comparing the ipod touch to the iphone 3gs? Now it's the original iphone and the iphone 3gs used for comparison?
    My point is that it's the same class of device, but with a different focus. Loopt, Shazam, and apps related to the GPS or microphone (besides the phone functionality) aren't definitive markers of "the iPhone experience". The OS and core apps - which run on the iPod Touch just dandy - are.

    If a compass, video recording (which WILL be added soon to the Pre just as the alarm clock was), and a faster processor make you think you're getting a different "class" of iPhone, then Apple's marketing team has succeeded in the extreme.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    My point is that it's the same class of device, but with a different focus. Loopt, Shazam, and apps related to the GPS or microphone (besides the phone functionality) aren't definitive markers of "the iPhone experience". The OS and core apps - which run on the iPod Touch just dandy - are.

    If a compass, video recording (which WILL be added soon to the Pre just as the alarm clock was), and a faster processor make you think you're getting a different "class" of iPhone, then Apple's marketing team has succeeded in the extreme.
    I could only imagine what the video experience would be like with the Pre's current awesome battery (and limited storage space).
  19. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Exactly what has Palm pulled off?
    Pulled off a great browser and multitasking.

    And check your settings on Microsoft exchange, my pre works like charm with exchange.
  20. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    But it is for mine.
    Ok. Your point being? No one is saying the Pre has to be perfect for everyone and everything. Remember that Sprint document that was leaked a while back? It said, "We can't sell the Pre to the wrong customer." It even says that the treo pro is recommended in situations like yours. So are you complaining that a phone doesn't work the way it wasn't intended to?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions