Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 229
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    You are the classic fanboy. Palm can do no wrong in your eye.
    Ah, pan-seared Irony. So delicious.
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Ah, pan-seared Irony. So delicious.
    hparsons side kick has entered. Amazingly the only two Pre owners with good battery life.
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    hparsons side kick has entered. Amazingly the only two Pre owners with good battery life.
    You better hope Apple comes up with an app for snappy comebacks, Moby.
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    hparsons side kick has entered. Amazingly the only two Pre owners with good battery life.
    Make that three
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Excuse me, when Palm advertised EAS, I assumed that was what I was getting. Not EAS light.

    For some reason, Windows Mobile, the iPhone, and Symbian phones have no problems implementing this. You are the classic fanboy. Palm can do no wrong in your eye.
    There is no such thing as "EAS light". EAS has different levels of implementation.

    And, just because you make an assumption that's wrong, doesn't make anyone else a "fanboy". Palm has, and likely will, do many things wrong.

    However, a user crying "foul" instead of acknowledge their own ignorance isn't a fault of Palm, it's a fault of the user.
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    hparsons side kick has entered. Amazingly the only two Pre owners with good battery life.
    What in the world are you talking about. I'm not at all pleased with my battery life. But then, I wasn't pleased with my Treo's batter life either. You learn to live with limitations.
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    It also mentions Calendaring etc but I get your point. However not being able to sync email or anything at all where organisations have the policy for PIN/Remote wipe set is an issue.

    But I will back away here as there is obviously more here than I understand
    Yes, and it does sync calendaring. It doesn't implement the security restrictions though. That's what's keeping your Pre from syncing with your company's system.

    It's a restriction that I hope Palm eventually overcomes, but it was a known issue before the Pre was released.
  8. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    #188  
    As an apple fan-girl myself, I have not one time found the iPhone to be particularly interesting, exciting or technologically impressive. This latest non-announcement just was one more "blah". $99? Woopie. It's still only for new customers and still on a joke of a network. The fact that it took them THIS LONG to get a copy/paste function, among other functions that it should have initially had on it to start, is pretty pathetic IMO. I have no interest in it.

    I am excited about the Pre, having played with both, I feel the Pre is completely superior and that hurts my apple-loving heart. But it really is. The iPhone couldve been so much more. So much cooler. The only positive thing it's got going for it is the Appstore and the cool cases.
  9. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #189  
    mobileman,
    After six days of using Pre , I can tell you one thing.
    iPhone looks to me a good gaming device.
    The rest ( multi tasking , email, browser, .... ) Pre rules.
    PALM can win this in the long run , if they keep working harder . ( like they did with Pre).

    OTOH, APPLE , now has to fight a against the Berrys and WinMos.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Again, I love how Apple releases as upgrade with..........

    - faster cpu
    - double the RAM
    - twice the storage
    - faster internet speeds
    - Nike+ support
    - Video Recording
    - Compass
    - Voice Control
    - better battery life

    and this is looked at as disappointing. As a new Pre owner I only wish Palm will release disappointing updates like this in the future.

    LOL compass i mean really why would you ever need a compass i mean really how is that even an up grade. don't they already "have an app for that" lol
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    mobileman,
    After six days of using Pre , I can tell you one thing.
    iPhone looks to me a good gaming device.
    The rest ( multi tasking , email, browser, .... ) Pre rules.
    PALM can win this in the long run , if they keep working harder . ( like they did with Pre).

    OTOH, APPLE , now has to fight a against the Berrys and WinMos.
    My feelings about the PRE after 7 days of use........

    - since Exchange is useless right now for me (and other corporate users) I would have to say at the moment my iPhone is the better email device.
    - I like the screen very much, but wish I could make the fonts bigger.
    - terrible as a media player.
    - System sounds need to be way higher. Plus, I cant really feel the vibrate when its in the case I have for it.
    - battery life is bad. Make that very bad.
    - While the OS is very pretty, it is way to sluggish and feels like everything is moving in slow-mo
    - Sprint stinks here, but so does AT&T.
    - With slider closed the Pre feels good. When opened it feels cheap and plasticy
    - Keyboard is ok at best. Worse than blackberry though.

    If Palm releases updates quickly to fix exchange, speed up the OS, and fix the battery, I will be far happier with it. Right now I put it behind both my blackberry and iPhone.
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yes, and it does sync calendaring. It doesn't implement the security restrictions though. That's what's keeping your Pre from syncing with your company's system.

    It's a restriction that I hope Palm eventually overcomes, but it was a known issue before the Pre was released.

    What was known before release? Please show me where.
  13. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedecline View Post
    LOL compass i mean really why would you ever need a compass i mean really how is that even an up grade. don't they already "have an app for that" lol
    ... and did you see the pricing for this useless compass? What a scam for them to be charging exactly $0.00 for a feature that has very few current uses. What do they expect people to do with their iPhone until compas-based apps come out? Use it as a phone/ipod/messenger/internet/game player? Yah-right!


    Honestly, all this talk about "winning" is short-sighted and goes against the whole point of being a consumer. Just because you bought a Pre in 2009 doesn't mean you won't get an Android, iPhone or even a WinMo phone in 2011. And that's because this market is so gigantic that there's enough room for half a dozen platforms to achieve success.

    You want to be a "winner" then pick the product that fits you best because the only way to be a loser in this is if you start obsessing about what phone some anonymous stranger prefers.
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    What was known before release? Please show me where.
    The Pre-Launch Guide was released on this web site (and many others, just about every Pre-oriented web site seemed to have a copy).

    Page 11
    Properly Qualify the Customer
    The Palm Pre is best suited for non-IT Centric business users
    Answer these questions to help determine if the Pre or the Treo Pro is the right mobile device for your “IT Centric” business.

    • Does your company have specific security and manageability requirements for mobile devices?
    • Does your company have specific application requirements?
    • Does your line of business require specific product features on mobile devices?
    • Does your company centrally provision devices for large deployments?

    Answer Key:
    • If YES, then the Treo Pro is your best mobile device option.
    • If NO, then the Pre is your best mobile device option.


    The EAS security features were discussed at length on here, probably a week or more before the Pre was released.

    Make yourself an informed consumer. Spend less time ranting, more time reading.
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The Pre-Launch Guide was released on this web site (and many others, just about every Pre-oriented web site seemed to have a copy).

    Page 11
    Properly Qualify the Customer
    The Palm Pre is best suited for non-IT Centric business users
    Answer these questions to help determine if the Pre or the Treo Pro is the right mobile device for your “IT Centric” business.

    • Does your company have specific security and manageability requirements for mobile devices?
    • Does your company have specific application requirements?
    • Does your line of business require specific product features on mobile devices?
    • Does your company centrally provision devices for large deployments?

    Answer Key:
    • If YES, then the Treo Pro is your best mobile device option.
    • If NO, then the Pre is your best mobile device option.


    The EAS security features were discussed at length on here, probably a week or more before the Pre was released.

    Make yourself an informed consumer. Spend less time ranting, more time reading.
    This document was not for public eyes. It was for Sprint salesmen. If this is how Palm planned on letting the world know that their EAS was crippled, then this was ill advised. By the way, most of the public does not read precentral.

    Its so hard for you to admit Palm made a big mistake.
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    ... and did you see the pricing for this useless compass? What a scam for them to be charging exactly $0.00 for a feature that has very few current uses. What do they expect people to do with their iPhone until compas-based apps come out? Use it as a phone/ipod/messenger/internet/game player? Yah-right!


    Honestly, all this talk about "winning" is short-sighted and goes against the whole point of being a consumer. Just because you bought a Pre in 2009 doesn't mean you won't get an Android, iPhone or even a WinMo phone in 2011. And that's because this market is so gigantic that there's enough room for half a dozen platforms to achieve success.

    You want to be a "winner" then pick the product that fits you best because the only way to be a loser in this is if you start obsessing about what phone some anonymous stranger prefers.
    Google Maps uses the compass. It will change the orientation of the screen showing the direction you are moving. I think its a nice feature, and something I would rather have than not.
  17. as147's Avatar
    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Excuse me, when Palm advertised EAS, I assumed that was what I was getting. Not EAS light.

    For some reason, Windows Mobile, the iPhone, and Symbian phones have no problems implementing this. You are the classic fanboy. Palm can do no wrong in your eye.
    Mobileman you need to get your facts right. The Apple iPhone is just as bad at EAS and I suspected the same applies to Nokia (though I am not sure).

    The iPhone drops so many features out of activesync I can't even start to list them all. Suffice it to say it has been like that with the iPhone and EAS from the start and they have NEVER announced a fix to any of these issues which MANY of their users have complained about.

    Palm on the other hand have already publicly committed to a date when the top issues highlighted will be resolved.

    Now that is why you need to get facts checked first and why I will be buying the Pre when available for Australian networks good CUSTOMER SERVICE + GOOD PHONE = GREAT VALUE
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    This document was not for public eyes. It was for Sprint salesmen. If this is how Palm planned on letting the world know that their EAS was crippled, then this was ill advised. By the way, most of the public does not read precentral.

    Its so hard for you to admit Palm made a big mistake.
    Right. It was for the salespeople to pass on to the customers. Where do you think Sprint got the info - Apple? They (Sprint) may not have passed it on, but that's not Palm's fault.

    I suspect though you knew, and either chose to believe what you wanted, or just ignored the warning so you could rant more. Seems to be a trend.

    Regardless, you asked for the information. I gave it. Time to move on.
    Last edited by hparsons; 06/11/2009 at 06:58 PM.
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    Mobileman you need to get your facts right. The Apple iPhone is just as bad at EAS and I suspected the same applies to Nokia (though I am not sure).

    The iPhone drops so many features out of activesync I can't even start to list them all. Suffice it to say it has been like that with the iPhone and EAS from the start and they have NEVER announced a fix to any of these issues which MANY of their users have complained about.

    Palm on the other hand have already publicly committed to a date when the top issues highlighted will be resolved.

    Now that is why you need to get facts checked first and why I will be buying the Pre when available for Australian networks good CUSTOMER SERVICE + GOOD PHONE = GREAT VALUE
    You are so wrong its crazy. Its you that needs to get your facts straight. My iPhone syncs just fine with my corporate EAS with all security and pin policies. Do you research this stuff, or just make it up as you go along?
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Right. It was for the salespeople to pass on to the customers. Where do you think Sprint got the info - Apple? They (Sprint) may not have passed it on, but that's not Palm's fault.

    I suspect though you knew, and either chose to believe what you wanted, or just ignored the warning so you could rant more. Seems to be a trend.

    Regardless, you asked for the information. I gave it. Time to move on.
    But no salespeople saw that memo. My goodness you are really really reaching. I guess Palm is announcing missing features to only those in the precentral web forums then. Weak argument.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions