Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    CLoser than I thought. (engadget has apple fanboys all over it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    CLoser than I thought. (engadget has apple fanboys all over it.)
    Of all the generalized online blogs, Engadget has been the Pre's biggest cheerleader since the CES announcement.
    I love engadget, but the poll is kinda biased when you think about it. Think of how many more apple iphone users there are out there, and think of how many people DON'T know about the Pre. In the end its just a poll, but its sad that most of my friends will see that kind of a poll and think the Iphone 3GS really is that much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Of all the generalized online blogs, Engadget has been the Pre's biggest cheerleader since the CES announcement.
    Not to mention the fair review as opposed to Gizmodo who got a demo phone and decides to review it with cheese. It's not Engadget, it's the trolls that read them and comment. They have a lot of those there.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    There's a difference between who writes a site, and the people who frequent it / comment on it.
    You know all the Apple fans will do is use an IP masker and keep voting. Then it will appear on several website that "In an unscientific poll, users prefered the Iphone to the Pre."
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    There's a difference between who writes a site, and the people who frequent it / comment on it.
    The comments are generally full of people attacking engadget for being apple fanboys..
    So the poll reads "do you like the iphone, the pre or...uhm...those other whatyoumacall'ems." I thought Android would have had it's own choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The comments are generally full of people attacking engadget for being apple fanboys..
    The comments are generally full of idiots attacking Engadget for being anything from a MS fanboy to Apple fanboy to Palm fanboy to Google fanboy.

About the only thing I can see as a valid complaint by people in the comments is Engadget's lack of Symbian coverage, though in all fairness, Symbian just isn't really that big of an option in the US since most carriers don't sell it.
    Palm wins here no matter how you slice it. Who cares if Apple is winning this poll. Palm went from being dead to being runner up to the most popular phone out there. Just the fact that they are doing polls pitting the iphone vs Pre is a win for Palm.

That the version one Pre sparks debates on which to get (vs a version 3 apple product) speaks volumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That the version one Pre sparks debates on which to get (vs a version 3 apple product) speaks volumes.
    Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    So the poll reads "do you like the iphone, the pre or...uhm...those other whatyoumacall'ems." I thought Android would have had it's own choice.
    Android has been a let down. It was thought that being Open Source developers would fly to support Android but it hasn't had the impact it expected. As much as I like the Pre I hope this does not happen to it.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    So? Their readers are not, and that's who's voting. There is no major tech site immune from rabid fanboyism
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    You know all the Apple fans will do is use an IP masker and keep voting. Then it will appear on several website that "In an unscientific poll, users prefered the Iphone to the Pre."
    Yes, because iPhone users are renown for their l33t skillz on the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80
    Really? You mean everyone at Treocentral doesn't love the Treo? You mean everyone at Precentral doesn't love the Pre? How is this possible?
    Palm wins here no matter how you slice it. Who cares if Apple is winning this poll. Palm went from being dead to being runner up to the most popular phone out there. Just the fact that they are doing polls pitting the iphone vs Pre is a win for Palm.

Agreed. Even if this were a scientific poll (which, of course, it's absolutely the farthest thing away from), 21% and solidly in second place is an outstanding showing. If that's how things turn out--iPhone selling 50% of smartphones and Palm selling 21%--then Palm has every reason to be excited.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  17. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts

I completely agree
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    Android has been a let down. It was thought that being Open Source developers would fly to support Android but it hasn't had the impact it expected. As much as I like the Pre I hope this does not happen to it.
    Oh I agree that it's been a let down. I just didn't think others were of that opinion as well. Still, I sort of thought a poll like this would have considered it part of the top 3 or 4 platforms. Guess not.

I still get the feeling the poll was designed to be iPhone vs Pre and the others were thrown in to hide that fact. Just me though.
    I find this kinda funny. If you think about it Apple fanboys have never been so afraid about a phone like the Pre before. They get really sensitive when the Pre is mentioned. That legitimizes the Pre place as worthy contender in my mind.

One thing I don't like about AT&T and the iPhone is that there is no insurance offered on the iPhone. That's huge in my book.