Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There you have it

Apple touting TomTom when I had that on my old Nokia about 3 years back. Apple is milking the Iphone - they have run out of ideas.

Apple does not do technology - they are all about the fashion - scratch the surface and its shallow - Iphone 3GS is a shallow product nothing that excites.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    There you have it

Apple touting TomTom when I had that on my old Nokia about 3 years back. Apple is milking the Iphone - they have run out of ideas.

Apple does not do technology - they are all about the fashion - scratch the surface and its shallow - Iphone 3GS is a shallow product nothing that excites.
    You mean the same TomTom that isn't on the Pre AT ALL? Glass houses...
    >++++++++++[<+++++++>-]<.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>+++[<------>-]<.>++[<++++>-]<.>++++++[<------->-]<-.>+++++++[<++++++++>-]<+.>++[<----->-]<.>++[<+++>-]<.>++++[<------------->-]<..
  3. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I'm sure TomTom will make a version for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
    You mean the same TomTom that isn't on the Pre AT ALL? Glass houses...
    Ummm....really?

It has Teleatlus Navigation built in. Why do they need Tom Tom?
    I agree what do I need Tom Tom for when I have Sprint Navigation...it works great.
    Sprint Navigation exceeded my expectations.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    There you have it

In all fairness Apple was at one time a very innovative company. However, these days Apple just boxes up new-but-pre-existing-idears all pretty-like and markets the hell out of them. The average person doesn't know the difference and thinks that Apple has created something new.

Of course the rest of us know that Apple didn't create the mp3 player with the iPod.

Or the smartphone with the iPhone.

And definitely not the PDA with the, a-hem, newton.
    You guys are all insane. Just becuase the Iphone is a great device doesnt mean your pre's are any less amazing.
    iPhone 3G S - The S is for sucker.

Then didn't announce anything they couldn't have put in the current model, but then they wouldn't be able to sell 2 devices to suckers would they?
    [QUOTE=ronlongo;1655961]In all fairness Apple was at one time a very innovative company. However, these days Apple just boxes up new-but-pre-existing-idears all pretty-like and markets the hell out of them. The average person doesn't know the difference and thinks that Apple has created something new.

QUOTE]

That is exactly why Blackberry is now suffering. Same product, a few tweaks but under a new name: BOLD, Curve, Niagra...The Pre should generate some better product ideas. That's how the competitve landscape works.
    I like the new 3GS... And I know Apple has way more tweaks for the iPhone coming in the future.

The extended battery life is great, and 32GB! Cool
    Last edited by nonobeez; 06/08/2009 at 06:43 PM.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    For me, the access to the iPhone's port for third-party accessories is a huge step forward. There are so many things that can be invented with that and your imagination is the limit. I really hope Palm will come up with something like that to boost their accessories line...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Not half as underwhelming as this Pre I bought- overheating, can't access work exchange, reception up and down- awful. Just not ready for prime time. I have the 3G iphone and it is 10 times better. I'm taking my Pre back and predict an avalanche of others doing the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Not half as underwhelming as this Pre I bought- overheating, can't access work exchange, reception up and down- awful. Just not ready for prime time. I have the 3G iphone and it is 10 times better. I'm taking my Pre back and predict an avalanche of others doing the same.
    Common sense would have you replace the unit as it clearly is not functioning right.

Or go back to your iPhone. Most likely, no one here will care.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Peace son.
    Not to fear- going to my swami to destress.
  16.    #16  
    I don't have a Pre here in the UK - still got my trust N95 that can multi task, use Tom Tom download podcasts, send MMS etc and its 2 years old.

Apple marketing is very misleading - if you asked the average Apple user you would hear some shocking revelations.

The cheap digs by Apple against its competitors are just that - they don't fight back with better products they just market the hell out of them.

Pre pushed the smartphone o/s further than Apple will with the Iphone.
    here is where the iPhone is underwealming that the Pre never will be - their respective carriers.

Sorry, but Sling on iPhone? And many of the new features announced today? Undoubtedly AT&T will handicap/not enable them.

Sprint? I'd be surprised if they disable Sling when its ready for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Same exact post in two different threads...everyone gets it. BTW, how much does Apple pay you?
    Yup -- doing the same unfortunately. iPhone 3GS had me at 9 hours of web browsing.

I can't get through 5 hours without putting the Pre back on the charger -- and that's only *browsing* for two hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Same exact post in two different threads...everyone gets it. BTW, how much does Apple pay you?
    I looked at his history and I don't think he's a troll.

This is what i think....he hyped the phone up huge in his head and was expecting a perfect phone.

Unfortunatly, it sounds like he has a defective unit....and that simply broke his spirit.

Maybe in a few days he'll relax and go try another unit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast