Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The build quality is too cheap and the new iPhone 3GS is just better.

Sorry Palm, you tried, but it wasn't strong enough. Shouldn't have cheaped out on the hardware, and for all the insulting OSX for being so big and chunky and the boasting about the processor, Pre is slow.

Thanks for a fun time on the forums. Enjoy your Pres, or whatever decision you make. It's just not for me.
    Guess Jonathan doesn't like the Pre...
    Still no mention of multi-tasking on the phone, all that upgrade gone to waist...
    Good luck with your iphone, to each his own
    I was very dissapointed by the 3Gs announcement. It's exactly as the rumors predicted (sans front facing camera) and that wasn't all that impressive. Nothing new is on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Guess Jonathan doesn't like the Pre...
    The apps are great, but its not core phone functionality with the exception of video, etc... More speed and better battery life is good though.

I really want to stay with the pre, but Sprint coverage sucks at my office (it roamms on and off to VZ which I am sure is lousy for battery life, and marginal at home too.

I hate Sprint! I sure hope AT&T will get it soon.
    I'd really give them time to update. The reception just isn't right..looks like a bug.
    Does anyone know what the iPhone 3GS had for that SunSpider benchmark that Apple mentioned? I just tried it out on my Pre and would love to compare it to the new iPhone.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I like the iPhone, I would have bought an iPhone if it werent for AT&T's insane pricing structure (who doesnt include text messaging as a basic feature?) and their poor 3G service in my area. Enjoy your new iPhone.
    Jonathan, you're a troll. The Pre is slow? There's no other phone on the market as fast as the Pre, and I'll prove it:

Oh yeah, the iPhone 3GS is so much better seeing that you have one, right?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I just swa they lowered the price of the 8gb 3G to $100 and the 16gb 3G(S) for $200. That's pretty damn good prices.

However, I don't get the impression Palm cheaped out on the hardware. The phone physically feels solid and I'm surprised how well the glossy back of this thing does against scratches.
    Johnathen if you spent less time on these forums as a palm fanboi before release your expectations would have been more reasonable.

All the Pres short comings were well known prior to release some here chose not to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Jonathan, you're a troll. The Pre is slow? There's no other phone on the market as fast as the Pre, and I'll prove it:

Oh yeah, the iPhone 3GS is so much better seeing that you have one, right?

Jonathan has 469 posts...and is hardly a "troll." He is also entitled to his opinion. Everyone has that right here, and that certainly includes someone who has been here as long as he has. Can you refute some of his claims? Sure...so can I...just as can support some of them. I click an app and see nothing happen for 2 or 3 seconds at times. I don't see that on my iTouch. Does that mean the Pre is always slower, no...but there are issues. It is not perfect.

In general, I've got to say that folks who expect perfection are always going to be disappointed and that rabid Palm apologists don't do much to advance the overall discussion either.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    No multitasking - no interest.....period.

Seriously, to me more speed does nothing if I can't work in multiple programs at one time.
    The 3GS is 3X faster on the same network. Hmmmm wonder how that's possible LMAO. You can pour as much water as fast as you can into a jug, but it still gets IN the jug through a funnel. The 3GS is only going to be faster IF the network is faster as well.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    The build quality is too cheap and the new iPhone 3GS is just better.

Sorry Palm, you tried, but it wasn't strong enough. Shouldn't have cheaped out on the hardware, and for all the insulting OSX for being so big and chunky and the boasting about the processor, Pre is slow.

Thanks for a fun time on the forums. Enjoy your Pres, or whatever decision you make. It's just not for me.
    I find it funny, you say the build quality is cheap compared to a phone you've never held. Granted we all know what it will feel like, but I find it ironic, to top if off you use a name that implies you like a product before you've even played/tested with it as I'm sure you made your name before you even owned a pre. No real loss, one less sheep even if you were on the Pre side I have no problem seeing you go. I want more intelligent Pre users, the less sheep we have in our flock the better. If you think the new iPhone will be a different experience then what has been offered for the past 2 years, then you need to go read the keynote again, because I hate to break it to you, but this "update" is a natural progression of cell phone technology. Nothing in this new iPhone is innovative, this version is more of a "fix the **** we didn't add day 1" then "what innovative features can we add to an already good phone?"

I say shoo, no real loss.
    Meh you couldn't pay me to switch back to ATT... Sorry you don't like the Pre though!
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    The 3GS is 3X faster on the same network. Hmmmm wonder how that's possible LMAO. You can pour as much water as fast as you can into a jug, but it still gets IN the jug through a funnel. The 3GS is only going to be faster IF the network is faster as well.

i think processing the pages, but did they say over att or over wifi? its also faster in running apps.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast