Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    That's not been everyone's experiance. Also, try using your phone in Europe.
    I live/work around in SF and when I can't get a signal with my iPhone on Clement Street(a decent busy street), there's an issue RIGHT there. And if I need to use my phone in a GSM country(I used to go to Mexico often), K850i+Telcel SIM and I was set to jet. AT&T needs to get their act together.
    whats the big deal, if u want crappy att plans get an iphone, if u want a good low budget plan with PRE get sprint END OF STORY!
    Quote Originally Posted by precrack View Post
    whats the big deal, if u want crappy att plans get an iphone, if u want a good low budget plan with PRE get sprint END OF STORY!
    That pretty much sums it up in my case.
    I have experience countrywide with both phone companies and I can say that for the most part sprint reception was better than ATT. Sorry some of you guys didn't enjoy your Pre's but good luck in your search for another phone.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    I live/work around in SF and when I can't get a signal with my iPhone on Clement Street(a decent busy street), there's an issue RIGHT there. And if I need to use my phone in a GSM country(I used to go to Mexico often), K850i+Telcel SIM and I was set to jet. AT&T needs to get their act together.
    I also live/work/go to school around SF and ATT's network is so pitiful there. There are also huge dead zones along Geary as well mainly due to the influx of customerson ATT's network [which was half of the reason I switched to the Pre]. They just couldn't keep up and were too busy lining their own pockets instead of building a better network.

Interesting to see all the backlash against them now..
    The iphone 3GS is not 3x faster than the Pre if that's what you mean, it's actually exactly the same - 600mhz CPU, 256mb ram. But it is evidently 3x faster than the average smartphone, though performance wise moreso.

It will be interesting to see how the Pre and 3GS stack up over the course of time, both being of equal processing power and having similar OS's in terms of tracing back to Linux and Unix - correct me if I am wrong, but Iphone OS is unix based, right? and since WebOS is linux based, which has traces back unix, should overall be similar on the inside, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by agentjonnyb View Post
    The iphone 3GS is not 3x faster than the Pre if that's what you mean, it's actually exactly the same - 600mhz CPU, 256mb ram. But it is evidently 3x faster than the average smartphone, though performance wise moreso.
    Actually the 3x faster is in comparison to the iPhone 3G. It's 2-3x faster.
    Engadget
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345