Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 87
  1. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    That is entirely dependent on where you live. Where I live it's the exact opposite.

    If you want to put them head-to-head nationally, though, perhaps the ACSI customer satisfaction rankings are the best (if imperfect) gauge:

    American Customer Satisfaction Index - ACSI Quarterly Commentaries Q1 2009

    AT&T sits at 67%. Sprint sits at 63%. However, how you interpret this might change when you consider that Sprint just surged 13%, while AT&T suffered a 7% drop, falling from 75%. When you consider that it actually takes some time for customers to change their ingrained opinions of a company, that's not a pretty picture for AT&T.

    Verizon kills them all. Too bad about their pricing, but apparently you get what you pay for with them. Me? I'm too cheap.
    ...also too bad about Verizon's phones... that brand needs a do-over!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by sevink View Post
    I find it funny, you say the build quality is cheap compared to a phone you've never held. Granted we all know what it will feel like, but I find it ironic, to top if off you use a name that implies you like a product before you've even played/tested with it as I'm sure you made your name before you even owned a pre. No real loss, one less sheep even if you were on the Pre side I have no problem seeing you go. I want more intelligent Pre users, the less sheep we have in our flock the better. If you think the new iPhone will be a different experience then what has been offered for the past 2 years, then you need to go read the keynote again, because I hate to break it to you, but this "update" is a natural progression of cell phone technology. Nothing in this new iPhone is innovative, this version is more of a "fix the **** we didn't add day 1" then "what innovative features can we add to an already good phone?"

    I say shoo, no real loss.
    +1
  3. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #63  
    A lot of people don't have patience.
    ]

    Us GSM users have plenty.. because we have to. However (as I mentioned on another thread) by the time it launches here, we will have a better idea if some of the problems are the usual Generation one problems or something a bit deeper. Once again, I thank you first adopters for beta-testing the devices for us.
  4. #64  
    Keeping my Pre.. i like it tho i do think the iPhone is a better platform right now.. i think the Pre has great potential if they keep on doing what they're doing at palm the WebOS can be a great platform too.. The pre is still 1.0 if you remember the iPhone launch a few years back the complaints were pretty much on par with the same we have here with the pre.. i still think they need to get that SDK out with more access to the hardware (if they plan on competing with the iPhone these web apps arent going to cut it ask apple).. oh and fix all the damn memory leaks!!
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzla View Post
    Funny cause I just had a test with someone in my office, and my Pre loaded around 30-40% faster than his iPhone in every instance. And that was on 3G AND Wifi!
    That's because page load times have as much to do with CPU speed as they do with network speed. All that damn javascript slows things down. The much faster CPU in the new iPhone should equal or exceed the Pre's performance based on your test.
  6. #66  
    <<moved>>

    All discussions of how the iphone meets up to the pre, or pre meets up to iphone, or any other [Device] for that matter, are to be discussed in the “Cross Platform Chat” forum.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-threads.html

    Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
  7. #67  
    I am going to keep my Pre for 30 days and see how the battery life, lousy sprint coverage and tethering issues resolve themselves. I really want to stay with the Pre, but if I can't live with the constraints with these devices, I'll go with the new iPhone for a year and wait for the Pre to show up on AT&T.

    I don't believe any phone is perfect - you just have to pick the right set of tradeoffs for what's most important to you.
  8. #68  
    I watched Gizmodo's liveblogging of the Apple dog & pony show and was underwhelmed.* There was nothing that made me regret ordering a Pre because as spiffy as the buffed up 3GS may be - where's the camera flash? - it doesn't cure the #1 problem with the iPhone in America: It's on AT&T; AT&T sucks; and they charge a fortune for their suckage. When comparing $199 phones, you move down to month-to-month operating costs and the only thing more expensive than AT&T is Verizon. As Engadget's review point out, if the Pre was $500, it'd still be cheaper over the length of a contract than Verizon.

    As for the OP, something doesn't pass the smell test when someone claims to love a product for a long time before its actual release and they turns on a dime and runs off to the competition two days later. Gotta give him credit for living so long in deep cover in order to pull this stunt, but it rings so false that its impact is nil.

    * Most impressive bit of the WWDC show? That Snow Leopard will only be $29 to upgrade from Leopard. Apple is daring M$ to gouge Vista owners for $400 to move to Windows 7, as some suspect they want to.
  9. #69  
    Pls stop making blanket statements like AT&T sucks. That's just not true. In many places they have much better coverage than Sprint, and it's cheaper for me to add an iPhone 3GS on my AT&T family plan than to take the lowest tier package on Sprint. Sure, that doesn't include unlimited text messages and Sprint TV and Sprint navigation, but for me, I use email not text, Sprint TV has no channels of interest, and I have a GPS in my car. So all that stuff that Sprint bundles in is useless to me.
  10. #70  
    In North East USA ATT coverage is pretty lousy. The West coast of USA seems to have far superior ATT coverage. Sprint has been fantastic for me in the North East
  11. l44l44's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    you think paying $100 to double the memory is something NOT disappointing???

    U know you can get a 16GB memory card for like $15, right?

    $100, HA!

    Apple fanboys are smart. They like taking that sort of beating and coming back for more. It's a fact. It's what they do.
    Let's put this in perspective. There are many arguments to be made against the iPhone when comparing it to the Pre. BUT, memory is not one of them.

    Pre: 8GB $200 (after rebate)
    only option
    iPhone: 8GB $100 (3G)
    16GB $200 (S)
    32GB $300 (S)

    So, using you're argument, it seems that Palm is actually ripping you off. Let's focus the attention away from the memory, since that's not where the Pre can compete.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by l44l44 View Post
    Let's put this in perspective. There are many arguments to be made against the iPhone when comparing it to the Pre. BUT, memory is not one of them.

    Pre: 8GB $200 (after rebate)
    only option
    iPhone: 8GB $100 (3G)
    16GB $200 (S)
    32GB $300 (S)

    So, using you're argument, it seems that Palm is actually ripping you off. Let's focus the attention away from the memory, since that's not where the Pre can compete.
    Yes but everyone here knows in the long run the savings is lost with AT&T's plans costing $20 to $50 more per month than an equivalent one with Sprint. Getting that information to customers who don't know should be Sprint's priority.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/09/2009 at 01:48 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  13. #73  
    West coast here and ATT sucks. Cingular was great, when they merged they sold off towers to T-mobile, it has been total crap since. Cancelled today with a happy heart.
    BTW they credited me ETF three months after I bought the 3G because they know their coverage sucks.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    West coast here and ATT sucks. Cingular was great, when they merged they sold off towers to T-mobile, it has been total crap since. Cancelled today with a happy heart.
    BTW they credited me ETF three months after I bought the 3G because they know their coverage sucks.
    With all do respect that makes no sense. Both ATT and Tmobile have mutual roaming agreements since they are GSM, just like Verizon and Sprint now do.

    I suspect your experience was due to the handset you switched to and not the carrier. I have found the handset makes a HUGE HUGE difference in whatever cell phone network you use.

    I am a LONG time Sprint customer, until I started researching the cell phone power when getting a new handset I found Sprint TERRIBLE. Since checking this rating on which phones had the best signal strength on Sprint my experience has been fantastic (never dropped calls, nor loss of signal etc).

    Now, if you're commented on the 3g coverage. Then you do have a point as Tmobile uses a non-standard frequency for 3g compared to ATT -- Att got the international 3g GSM frequency in the USA. If you switched to use 2g for roaming you likely would have had a better experience overall
    Last edited by searchable; 06/09/2009 at 05:59 AM.
  15. ardoreal's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Guess Jonathan doesn't like the Pre...
    BAHAHAHAHA!!!
  16. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #76  
    Goodbye Jonathan. Enjoy your iPhone.
  17. #77  
    I had the iPhone for two years, the new announcements were nothing to write home about.
    After having the Pre for a whole day I'm loving it so much more than the iPhone.
    I'm glad I waited for the WWDC announcement, but I'm also REALLY glad I got the pre instead of the "new" iPhone.

    ..Oh, plus I actually get a signal at my house with Sprint.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    West coast here and ATT sucks. Cingular was great, when they merged they sold off towers to T-mobile, it has been total crap since. Cancelled today with a happy heart.
    BTW they credited me ETF three months after I bought the 3G because they know their coverage sucks.
    Cingular didn't merge with AT&T. They rebranded when their parent company bought AT&T.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    In North East USA ATT coverage is pretty lousy. The West coast of USA seems to have far superior ATT coverage. Sprint has been fantastic for me in the North East
    That's not been everyone's experiance. Also, try using your phone in Europe.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    That's not been everyone's experiance. Also, try using your phone in Europe.
    I don't understand your 2 points?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions