Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 87
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    The 3GS is 3X faster on the same network. Hmmmm wonder how that's possible LMAO. You can pour as much water as fast as you can into a jug, but it still gets IN the jug through a funnel. The 3GS is only going to be faster IF the network is faster as well.
    I believe Apple said it was faster "In most things" but not all.
  2. #22  
    You have to be kidding! You were quite down on the iPhone before, from what I remember!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    The 3GS is 3X faster on the same network. Hmmmm wonder how that's possible LMAO. You can pour as much water as fast as you can into a jug, but it still gets IN the jug through a funnel. The 3GS is only going to be faster IF the network is faster as well.
    I think it's faster cpu, meaning apps run faster. Obviously the network isn't any faster
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Jonathan has 469 posts...and is hardly a "troll." He is also entitled to his opinion. Everyone has that right here, and that certainly includes someone who has been here as long as he has. Can you refute some of his claims? Sure...so can I...just as can support some of them. I click an app and see nothing happen for 2 or 3 seconds at times. I don't see that on my iTouch. Does that mean the Pre is always slower, no...but there are issues. It is not perfect.

    In general, I've got to say that folks who expect perfection are always going to be disappointed and that rabid Palm apologists don't do much to advance the overall discussion either.
    Post count doesn't indicate intelligence, in fact, it hardly means anything. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but claims like "new iPhone 3GS is just better." without ANY evidence whatsoever is at the least a bit trollish. Again, seeing as he owns an iPhone 3GS, right?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I think it's faster cpu, meaning apps run faster. Obviously the network isn't any faster
    The phone is also 7.2 Mbps HSDPA capable which is great news for European users. AT&T is supposedly fielding this new capability, but who cares since the rest of their network is so abysmal. Also, the phone had twice the RAM dedicated to running programs.
  6. #26  
    I do think if you're giving up the Pre and feel a need to post about it, once is enough..
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Post count doesn't indicate intelligence, in fact, it hardly means anything. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but claims like "new iPhone 3GS is just better." without ANY evidence whatsoever is at the least a bit trollish. Again, seeing as he owns an iPhone 3GS, right?
    My point was that name calling does not seem justified. Besides, the standard internet defn of troll implies that someone is posting something that is not true just to get a rise out of folks...and that doesn't seem to be the case here. The guy just has an opinion...and shared it.

    Either way, he ended his post with:

    "Thanks for a fun time on the forums. Enjoy your Pres, or whatever decision you make. It's just not for me."


    ...which just doesn't seem deserving of the ire and defensiveness that then ensued here. WAY too much defensiveness here. The WebOS rocks, but it (and the Pre) are far from perfect.

    $0.02

    regards,
    Steve
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Post count doesn't indicate intelligence, in fact, it hardly means anything. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but claims like "new iPhone 3GS is just better." without ANY evidence whatsoever is at the least a bit trollish. Again, seeing as he owns an iPhone 3GS, right?
    It is funny how some people with such high post counts who were supposedly looking forward to the Pre suddenly became massive iPhone fans, without ever even having touched the Pre. I don't wanna say "planted astroturfers" (though I did call out one obvious one), but it does raise some suspicions.

    As for those who clearly tried the Pre and didn't like it, more power to 'em. To each his/her own.

    Hell, I'd give the iPhone at least a fair shake, if I could get it on a network that could give me a signal in my own neighborhood.
  9. #29  
    I have to say that this is shocking... I had the 1st Gen iphone, 2nd gen iphone, & am now the proud owner of a Pre. The build quality of the 2nd gen iphone was TERRIBLE! I literally went thru 7 3G iphones because of build quality & eventually just went back to a gen 1 iphone.

    The Pre has exceeded my expectations in most ways. The hardware seems solid... no real issues. Battery is currently at 53% after being used on & off throughout the day. The multi-tasking is flawless & makes my iPhone look like it was running Windows 3.11. The only thing the Pre needs is more applications! I'm looking forward to seeing what Palm has in store.

    Back to iPhone though... the announcement today was really disappointing! They are basically doing some minor work on the memory & calling it an upgrade. Good luck to those who want to respond to a text or email while keeping pandora running in the background!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    The phone is also 7.2 Mbps HSDPA capable which is great news for European users. AT&T is supposedly fielding this new capability, but who cares since the rest of their network is so abysmal. Also, the phone had twice the RAM dedicated to running programs.
    Abysmal is better than no coverage, which is the case fo Sprint, even in an area that shows full coverage according to their map.

    I'd absolutely take the Pre on AT&T.
  11. Edge767's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    LOL! Well... to each his/her own.

    LOVE your avatar, kilofoxtrot. (I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan as well as an unabashed gadgetophile)
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    The 3GS is 3X faster on the same network. Hmmmm wonder how that's possible LMAO. You can pour as much water as fast as you can into a jug, but it still gets IN the jug through a funnel. The 3GS is only going to be faster IF the network is faster as well.
    AT&T upgraded their network to 7.2 Mbps HSDPA. That's how.

    EDIT: Kupe beat me to it.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I do think if you're giving up the Pre and feel a need to post about it, once is enough..
    If they post more than once (), consider their agenda.
  14. #34  
    Just wait until the phone gets into peoples hands.. You think Pre/TreoCentral was bad with gripes and stupid question, HAHAHA, you haven't seen nothin yet.

    Especially when people finally figure out they just bought a re-branded 3G iPhone with like under 5 actual upgrades? I mean come on, 3.0 is finally giving people functions that my dumb phone did years back.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Abysmal is better than no coverage, which is the case fo Sprint, even in an area that shows full coverage according to their map.

    I'd absolutely take the Pre on AT&T.
    That is entirely dependent on where you live. Where I live it's the exact opposite.

    If you want to put them head-to-head nationally, though, perhaps the ACSI customer satisfaction rankings are the best (if imperfect) gauge:

    American Customer Satisfaction Index - ACSI Quarterly Commentaries Q1 2009

    AT&T sits at 67%. Sprint sits at 63%. However, how you interpret this might change when you consider that Sprint just surged 13%, while AT&T suffered a 7% drop, falling from 75%. When you consider that it actually takes some time for customers to change their ingrained opinions of a company, that's not a pretty picture for AT&T.

    Verizon kills them all. Too bad about their pricing, but apparently you get what you pay for with them. Me? I'm too cheap.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Abysmal is better than no coverage, which is the case fo Sprint, even in an area that shows full coverage according to their map.

    I'd absolutely take the Pre on AT&T.
    True enough - it's certainly location dependent. Both Sprint ad AT&T are abysmal in my local area.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by osubrad04 View Post
    I have to say that this is shocking... I had the 1st Gen iphone, 2nd gen iphone, & am now the proud owner of a Pre. The build quality of the 2nd gen iphone was TERRIBLE! I literally went thru 7 3G iphones because of build quality & eventually just went back to a gen 1 iphone.

    The Pre has exceeded my expectations in most ways. The hardware seems solid... no real issues. Battery is currently at 53% after being used on & off throughout the day. The multi-tasking is flawless & makes my iPhone look like it was running Windows 3.11. The only thing the Pre needs is more applications! I'm looking forward to seeing what Palm has in store.

    Back to iPhone though... the announcement today was really disappointing! They are basically doing some minor work on the memory & calling it an upgrade. Good luck to those who want to respond to a text or email while keeping pandora running in the background!
    I find it incredible when doubling the cpu, ram, storage, adding voice recording, voice control, better battery..... is a disappointing announcement. I cant wait for mine.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Just wait until the phone gets into peoples hands.. You think Pre/TreoCentral was bad with gripes and stupid question, HAHAHA, you haven't seen nothin yet.

    Especially when people finally figure out they just bought a re-branded 3G iPhone with like under 5 actual upgrades? I mean come on, 3.0 is finally giving people functions that my dumb phone did years back.
    Is also giving functions the Pre does not have.
  19. mh262's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    That is entirely dependent on where you live. Where I live it's the exact opposite.

    If you want to put them head-to-head nationally, though, perhaps the ACSI customer satisfaction rankings are the best (if imperfect) gauge:

    AT&T sits at 67%. Sprint sits at 63%. However, how you interpret this might change when you consider that Sprint just surged 13%, while AT&T suffered a 7% drop, falling from 75%. When you consider that it actually takes some time for customers to change their ingrained opinions of a company, that's not a pretty picture for AT&T.

    Verizon kills them all. Too bad about their pricing, but apparently you get what you pay for with them. Me? I'm too cheap.


    That's exactly what I'm saying. Again --> Sprint FTW!
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    True enough - it's certainly location dependent. Both Sprint ad AT&T are abysmal in my local area.
    I'm not syaing this is universal, but I am very annoyed that the Sprint coverage map says I'm supposed to have great service in both my home and office, and the Pre says it sucks in both places. At least they should be honest about where coverage is lousy so consumers can make the proper choices!

    Why publish a map at all if the data on it is wrong?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions