Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    all old news with iPhone 3.0

remote wipe of device if got lost? Pre does this now.
    app after app after app, guess they have nothing new about the device to talk about.
    no multitasking
    no front camera

lol

still, they have good voice control and video recording, autofocus of camera, now palm, go ahead do something about those. On top of system fixes.
  2. faz
    I agree nuthing New withe Apple .. Big time BS that's it seriously I know there are people who are frustrated with the Pre .. But it just need some time I would definately give them another 2 - 3 months few more updates and Pre will be back in the Game .
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    that was just sad

apple stock is down too
    From the leaked pictures I saw of the device I had a feeling most of the stuff was fanboy dreams. Really front facing camera? Who thought that would actually happen? *laughs*
    Let's hope so, Palm has a lot of work to do to catch up with apps and system tweaks and the rabid Apple fanboys are already slamming Palm bigtime all over the web. Apple is going to do whatever it takes to turn the Pre into the next Zune and it shows after today's announcement.
    omg, I almost fell on the floor laughing after that presentation. Current iphone users will be excited for features that should've been there for years, but those of us that now are the even more proud owners of a Pre are not impressed. I seriously was expecting something way more exciting from Apple. At least I was expecting multitasking, but not even that! They're releasing a souped up version of the iphone 3g. yay. LoL. I'm stoked that I didn't wait and see what apple had up their sleeves. At this point, as soon as Palm adds video recording and voice commands, it just covered everything apple announced at this presentation. An extended battery would be nice too, but I'm sure that is in the works by third party manufacturers. Suck it apple! LoL
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I like my Palm Pre and all, but the new pricing just made me feel like I overpaid for the Pre.

Also, I don't think this thread belongs in the Palm Pre forum.
    If you think this is a failure you just dont understand their business and place in the market right now. You dont have to keep sprinting after you have lapped the competition.

Apple has a serious advantage over every possible competitor and with every new OS release they bury Motorola, SE, Nokia et al a little deeper.

As much as I love my Pre, it will be years before Palm get to the point Apple is at right now.
    Yea this new iphone is very blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    omg, I almost fell on the floor laughing after that presentation. Current iphone users will be excited for features that should've been there for years, but those of us that now are the even more proud owners of a Pre are not impressed. I seriously was expecting something way more exciting from Apple. At least I was expecting multitasking, but not even that! They're releasing a souped up version of the iphone 3g. yay. LoL. I'm stoked that I didn't wait and see what apple had up their sleeves. At this point, as soon as Palm adds video recording and voice commands, it just covered everything apple announced at this presentation. An extended battery would be nice too, but I'm sure that is in the works by third party manufacturers. Suck it apple! LoL
    $99 for iphone 3g. that may resist people who wanted to move to Pre.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    If you think this is a failure you just dont understand their business and place in the market right now. You dont have to keep sprinting after you have lapped the competition.

Apple has a serious advantage over every possible competitor and with every new OS release they bury Motorola, SE, Nokia et al a little deeper.

As much as I love my Pre, it will be years before Palm get to the point Apple is at right now.
    I agree in regards to marketing. In regards to functionality, it already surpasses in most areas. Apple is great at selling you on gimmicks that no one will ever use. Did you see the lame notifications from ESPN?
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post

I understand what you mean. Iphone/apple fanboys will continue to by iphones no matter what comes out, but Palm already knew they weren't gonna take those customers. They're going to take all the open minded people that don't buy a product because it has an apple logo on it. The Pre is by far more advanced and the iphone 3GS isn't even out yet.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frank828 View Post
    that was just sad

apple stock is down too
    Compare it to the palm stock at the same time, the analysts clearly expect this to hit pre sales and palm prospects.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urutora View Post
    I like my Palm Pre and all, but the new pricing just made me feel like I overpaid for the Pre.

Also, I don't think this thread belongs in the Palm Pre forum.
    If you think you overpaid for the Palm Pre, try to get an equivalent plan on AT&T and see what you think.

Minutes + Unlimited Data + Unlimited Text + GPS (the TomTom software will be $$$). Come back to me when you calculate that over a 2 year period.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by axiomjunglist View Post
    Let's hope so, Palm has a lot of work to do to catch up with apps and system tweaks and the rabid Apple fanboys are already slamming Palm bigtime all over the web. Apple is going to do whatever it takes to turn the Pre into the next Zune and it shows after today's announcement.
    I'm burning to start developing some apps for the Pre. I've done a lot of C development, but more Java and would have been tempted by a Java-based iPhone. Android is using old-school UI and so was stillborn. It's the Pre for me, got plenty of web dev skills to leverage. The apps will come, and it won't be long before the Pre surpasses the iPhone in app count, though it'll take a lot longer to surpass the iPhone in count of quality apps.

The apps are coming, and as soon as Palm releases the SDK, they will come fast.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I too was unimpressed with the 3GS. I don't care about having a compass.
    Maybe not a total FAIL, but certainly not anything fantastic. My summary:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1654615
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Compare it to the palm stock at the same time, the analysts clearly expect this to hit pre sales and palm prospects.
    i think it was due to supply prospects wasnt it?

looking at the time chart, palm slowly started rising back during WWDC
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yeah that was sad. I was waiting to see what apple would do in response to the pre and see if they would come out with more business friendly features. I had both the iPhone 2 gen and currently own the iPhone 3G (I also use the Blackberry curve for work). I also seem to end up using the Blackberry to schedule on my calendar or IM. I actually went to look at the Pre on my lunch break at Sprint. Nice phone; thinking of making the switch; and Apple's iPhone 3GS will make it easier; ha
    I have to agree, that Apple didn't announce anything that wasn't expected. Now, I'd love 16GB for $199 and 32GB for $299 in my Pre, but other than that, there's nothing that compares to the Pre as far as I'm concerned.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast