Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Note to self: ONLY read threads with titles having to do with making me more productive and happier in the use of my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The iPhone will remote wipe from an Exchange server. The PRE cant.
    The Pre doesnt have a front facing camera either.
    Does the Pre have voice control or video recording, or an autofocus camera?

I think you just proved Apple's point.
    Who cares if it wipes from Exchange? The pre has the functionality from the web, that's all that matters for the very rare situation that u might need to use it.

As for the front facing camera, I think he mentioned that because that was what a lot of apple fanboys were drooling about for months. They figured a front facing camera for video conferencing and multitasking were going to be included on the new iphone at the least. In the end, there were almost no significant improvements on the iphone that would make someone on the fence consider the iphone over the Pre.

It's just a matter of time before voice control and video recording are added to the Pre, then the iphone 3GS will look like the cheap alternative to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlstang View Post
    Apple bragged about a 3MP CAM in iPhone...Pre has that NOW!
    I have to admit, the autofocus bit was really cool. While I still think that over time Pre has a lot more potential than the iPhone, Apple did a brilliant job at showing iPhone's strengths, which will make a lot of people scratch their heads before they rush buying the Pre...
    Apple is really turning into MS. They keep rolling out the same crap but just with a minor tweek here and there so you have to buy the "new" version to get all the goodies.

I really love the iphone and other apple products, but this new 3g phone that came out today should have simply been software update for users with older iphones. People just keep buying it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
    I have to admit, the autofocus bit was really cool. While I still think that over time Pre has a lot more potential than the iPhone, Apple did a brilliant job at showing iPhone's strengths, which will make a lot of people scratch their heads before they rush buying the Pre...
    the way I look at it, most AT&T/iphone customers will probably stay with the iphone and most sprint customers will probably go with the Pre. Those on Tmobile and Verizon that want to change will probably be more likely to switch to the Pre if they haven't already gone to the iphone.

When I was in line for the Pre, there were a few people switching from their iphones and a few switching from verizon. The majority of the people i talked to were already on sprint and were thrilled that they get to stay with sprint and have an amazing phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    the way I look at it, most AT&T/iphone customers will probably stay with the iphone and most sprint customers will probably go with the Pre. Those on Tmobile and Verizon that want to change will probably be more likely to switch to the Pre if they haven't already gone to the iphone.

When I was in line for the Pre, there were a few people switching from their iphones and a few switching from verizon. The majority of the people i talked to were already on sprint and were thrilled that they get to stay with sprint and have an amazing phone.
    Agreed! I am one of them!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I love the video recording the most. But after using the Pre for a few days, I will love the extended battery the 3GS offers.
    You will whine about the 3gs battery life once you get your hands on it, no matter what apple is claiming for battery life...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Apple fail? This Pre is a piece of junk not ready for prime time- battery life is half that of my iPhone 3G, reception is horrible and in and out, overheats, can't access pin exchange at work, etc. I'm returning mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Apple fail? This Pre is a piece of junk not ready for prime time- battery life is half that of my iPhone 3G, reception is horrible and in and out, overheats, can't access pin exchange at work, etc. I'm returning mine.
    Can I have it?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Can I have it?
    You don't want mine! Maybe I got the one made on Monday morning after a bad weekend.
    Apple brags about a 3mp camera says it all. They are even behind motorola when it comes to camera technology in smartphones.

Guess what - Apple invented the first Phone with Video recording. Apple sheep will believe anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlstang View Post
    Apple bragged about a 3MP CAM in iPhone...Pre has that NOW!
    And the new iphone will be out next week. So what's your point? Palm gets two whole weeks to brag about having a better camera?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I also am let down, not really what you call innovation...

Quote Originally Posted by mo-bile View Post
    And the new iphone will be out next week. So what's your point? Palm gets two whole weeks to brag about having a better camera?
    It's just that they bragged about it but really it's not very brag-worthy.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123