1.    #1  
    Haven't seen anybody talking about this around here and I just saw an add in the most recent issue of Business 2.0 so I thought I'd post a link...

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...palm_phone.jsp

this is getting much closer to what I personally want in a handheld...notice the collapsable graffiti (ala Handera?).

Pretty cool!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Unfortunately, I read somewhere that the graffiti only collapses for phone functions, it does not use Handera's elegant solution and therefore doesn't work with the apps designed for it.

..That's what I read, I can't remember where...

..but yes.. this looks like a great device, and could really cut into the Treo's sales. If HS doesn't have always-on, they're in a world of hurt...

...what the heck, I'd buy it...

...after some research, I can't find the reference..

Anybody know?
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    Unfortunately, I read somewhere that the graffiti only collapses for phone functions, it does not use Handera's elegant solution and therefore doesn't work with the apps designed for it.
    I read that too (but can't remember where either. I'd expect that it's only a matter of time, though, before someone releases a hack to collapse the Graffiti area la HandEra. Maybe HandEra would do it themselves as a way to help promote the idea...?
    Originally posted by Q
    I read that too (but can't remember where either. I'd expect that it's only a matter of time, though, before someone releases a hack to collapse the Graffiti area la HandEra. Maybe HandEra would do it themselves as a way to help promote the idea...?
    I seem to remember HandEra actually being partnered with Samsung for the creation of this device, so unless Samsung contracted them to do it, they probably wouldn't, so as not to step on their partner's toes.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...