Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    The iPhone 3GS is evolutionary not revolutionary.

I am excited about snow leopard tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    The big deal is the speed of the iphone 3gs. And that 7.2 hspda. Video recording is just a minor thing.
    How did you make that assumption? Video recording will be huge for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    My wife was at the beach with me. She has an iPhone 3G. Her battery was still going way strong when we left.
    Welp...depends on how much you use it and what you're doing. I think we can agree the Pre needs a charge to get you through the day. But for me, so does the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    The iPhone 3GS is evolutionary not revolutionary.

I am excited about snow leopard tho.
    Snow Leopard for $29 for Leopard users is ridiculous. Microsoft should pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    It's time for Palm to release a firmware update ASAP. Apple just demolished any chance of the Pre being competitve.
    Dude you can't be serious. I've been looking at all the Apple blogs and even the fanboys think this was underwhelming and that Palm has nothing to worry about.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Spoke to my Sprint rep this morning. He said its on par with his results. Guess his is defective too.
    I've had my pre on since 8 this morning (its 3:15) and its battery is at 83%, yeah something is wrong with ur pre, or you are using intensive apps on it. I have gps on, wi fi off, location on, geotagging on, my email app on to receive emails when it gets them and i just turned my messaging app on.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Definitely.

iPhone 3GS = video recording, longer battery life, 7.2mb HSPDA, 8GB/16GB/32GB. Oh and $99 for the 8GB model. Also available 16GB and 32GB models.
    Right, just like I said, everything that was expected and previously leaked. Except non of the stuff people wanted most made it into the device like the OLED screen, forward facing camera, glowing apple logo, different form factor, cheaper AT&T plans, and that's just off the top of my head.

What did you hear that you didn't already know before the conference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
    Right, just like I said, everything that was expected and previously leaked. Except non of the stuff people wanted most made it into the device like the OLED screen, forward facing camera, glowing apple logo, different form factor, cheaper AT&T plans, and that's just off the top of my head.

What did you hear that you didn't already know before the conference?
    Release date and price is good enough for me.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    iPhone 3GS is a nice upgrade with some welcome new features, but Palm can rest easy tonight, there won't likely be a stampede for this new model when it goes on sale June 19. We Apple "fanboys" were definitely expecting more, but hey, so is everyone on the Palm side of things now that the Pre is a reality...
    Snow Leopard for $29 for Leopard users is ridiculous. Microsoft should pay attention.
    It was funny that they took a shot at Microsoft about Windows 7 and Vista. I agree with the pricing. If Windows 7 was even $75, I'd get it. However, knowing Microsoft, it'll be $129 for the upgrade version.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    It was funny that they took a shot at Microsoft about Windows 7 and Vista. I agree with the pricing. If Windows 7 was even $75, I'd get it. However, knowing Microsoft, it'll be $129 for the upgrade version.
    Windows 7 Home is $49 and Professional is $99 for the upgrade
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Release date and price is good enough for me.
    Ok, that's YOU. And you aren't making comments that Palm is "doomed" because of an underwhelming announcement. You want an iPhone, great, so go buy one! Why do we care?
    Quote Originally Posted by testament View Post
    I've had my pre on since 8 this morning (its 3:15) and its battery is at 83%, yeah something is wrong with ur pre, or you are using intensive apps on it. I have gps on, wi fi off, location on, geotagging on, my email app on to receive emails when it gets them and i just turned my messaging app on.
    I was using the music player, plus I was logged into Gtalk.
    Palm shouldn't be "resting easy", but there is absolutely nothing here to make them quake in their boots either. Downward pricing pressure from Apple is aimed at every company on the market, but all they can do is give you a discount when buying the thing. Still the same monthly fees, still the same crappy AT&T 3G network (there's your speed bottleneck, 3Gs), and mostly the same OS with slightly enhanced imaging capabilities.

Palm should just keep focused on bug fixes and approving apps for the App Catalog. Sprint should be focused on getting more of these in stores ASAP. They'll both be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
    Ok, that's YOU. And you aren't making comments that Palm is "doomed" because of an underwhelming announcement. You want an iPhone, great, so go buy one! Why do we care?
    Please show me where I said that. If not, I accept your apology.
    Quote Originally Posted by kineticvision View Post
    Dude you can't be serious. I've been looking at all the Apple blogs and even the fanboys think this was underwhelming and that Palm has nothing to worry about.
    Ummm... Check out these forums. There are more negative threads than positive for the Palm Pre. This phone was supposed to revive a company that's hanging by the thread. Where was the innovation of webOS? There's nothing in the Pre that I haven't seen in the iPhone's OS. Palm has plenty to worry about. This phone should've been $99 to begin with for new and upgrading customers.

Let's see how many Pre's get returned between now and June 19th. Palm needs to have a significant firmware upgrade to fix the bugs/improve battery life/increase apps.
    Ummm... Check out these forums. There are more negative threads than positive for the Palm Pre.
    Same went for iPhone forums and Crackberry.com. And don't even get started on the Android forums when the G1 first came out...yikes.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Please show me where I said that. If not, I accept your apology.
    You didn't, which is why I said "you AREN'T" because I originally quoted somebody who WAS saying those things.

Handshake for a mutual mis-understanding?
  19. Duo
    I wouldn’t laugh if I were you…

AT&T may be slow with MMS but in many countries around the world MMS is a standard feature on phones and those operators will have MMS when the iPhone 3G S launches there.

It looks like the 3G S will easily outdistance the Pre on browsing speed and battery power and they’ve left the old 8GB iPhone on sale at $99 from today, which will look pretty good once the MIR ends on the Pre and it goes to $299.

9 hrs of Internet usage over Wi-Fi, 30 hrs of audio or 9 hrs of video? This plus 32GB of storage could be a compelling reason for many people to buy the iPhone. I got a 60GB iPod 3 ½ years ago because it had 24hrs of audio play time. I didn’t like the single wheel control but I still bought it because it had twice the battery life of the next product. I can see people going for this big time – no need to buy a separate iPod touch - the Touch currently maxes out at 32GB.

Also Apple will launch in the USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on the 19th of June, six other countries a week later and over 80 countries by August. Now that’s how to do a product launch.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I love watching trends in market, and I must say I was hoping for more from their keynote. I am not anti apple like a lot of people (I love love love my macbook) but I would say they dropped the ball on the iPhone stuff. Nothing really new, or exciting here, most of the features they are talking up should have been day 1 software. The new hardware/size is a natural progression so I wasn't surprised, but I was hoping for more from their software. I guess webOS is where real innovation (hopefully) can take off.

What Palm needs to do is run with this and start slamming the App store with mass apps, entice people to program for the Pre.

I would say give them an early program offering, for the first 6 months, they keep 100% of the profits, that could grab developers to get the most downloaded apps over for us, and from there they could make big buck quick. The cost to port it would be far less if they get 100% profit for a certain amount of time. That's my idea anyway.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast