Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    So all in all I think it was ehhh
    I agree, everything they announced had already been leaked.......I rate it up there with the "big unannounced" feature Palm was going to release, and it ended up being "it will sync with iTunes." I thought for sure there would be something bigger from apple. Good stuff for them, but nothing to make me want to return my Pre!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Odd. I paid the same you did, and got one with a quite usable battery. Been web browsing, downloading the new apps, making calls, and playing with it all day ever since taking it off the charger at around 9:30AM.

I'm at 66 percent. I bought a car charger fearing the worst, but haven't needed it yet.

I used it at the beach yesterday, and made it from 9am to 3:30pm. Terrible and totally ruins the device for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Well this is the time well see if this is a new Palm or the same lame Palm. The new and improved Palm will feverishly improve and react accordingly, especially on the software updates. Its also the time for the new and improved Sprint to react on the pricing.
    I agree. Sprint claims to be all about putting customers first now, since they have a drop in users with their service. I think Palm needs to be communicating with the press and users weekly, letting them know what they are planning to do.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I've been writing a book so haven't been around for a bit..
    good, hopefully it sells. let me know when it becomes available to download on shortcovers
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I used it at the beach yesterday, and made it from 9am to 3:30pm. Terrible and totally ruins the device for me.
    Yours sounds defective. Dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
    You REALLY see it that way? I sure as hell don't. Apple just did LESS than what everybody was expecting them to do, big whoop.
    Definitely.

iPhone 3GS = video recording, longer battery life, 7.2mb HSPDA, 8GB/16GB/32GB. Oh and $99 for the 8GB model. Also available 16GB and 32GB models.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yours sounds defective. Dunno.
    Spoke to my Sprint rep this morning. He said its on par with his results. Guess his is defective too.
    The new Iphone features were very yawn inducing. Absolutely nothing there to make me regret buying the Pre, other than the pricing on the 16 gb model. I wish Palm had 16 gb at the $199 price...
    That's better than what my iphone 3G gives me

Battery life isn't a huge issue..reception is with me. That's impacting it where i'm at and the reception shouldn't be an issue. Wasn't with past palms on sprint.
    ya but you have to understand video rcording, bat life, will be better the phone has been out for 2 days
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    good, hopefully it sells. let me know when it becomes available to download on shortcovers
    It's a really boring textbook type thing, they sell about 1000 copies maximum - the "profits" work out less than working for minimum wage.
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    Definitely.

iPhone 3GS = video recording, longer battery life, 7.2mb HSPDA, 8GB/16GB/32GB. Oh and $99 for the 8GB model. Also available 16GB and 32GB models.
    The 8GB for $99 is for the 3G not the 3Gs....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I know this isn't of much interest to US consumers but Palm has to be worried about this locking down potential customers in GSM countries.

The cheap iphone and 3gs will be out for a while before the GSM palm (and oddly here in the UK, looks like they will be on the same network).
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That's better than what my iphone 3G gives me

Battery life isn't a huge issue..reception is with me. That's impacting it where i'm at and the reception shouldn't be an issue. Wasn't with past palms on sprint.
    My wife was at the beach with me. She has an iPhone 3G. Her battery was still going way strong when we left.
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    The 8GB for $99 is for the 3G not the 3Gs....
    Still can get OS 3.0 on the 8GB iPhone 3G. 3GS is only on the 16gb and 32 models. Where is Palm Pre's 16GB adn 32GB models?
    "So far they haven't announced extension of the weekday alarms to include Saturday and Sunday either."

Hilarious. This 'feature' has really helped me be more productive on the weekends.
    The big deal is the speed of the iphone 3gs. And that 7.2 hspda. Video recording is just a minor thing.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    yeah a $99 iPhone 3G is a nice price, but if you REALLY liked the Instinct (JUST AN EXAMPLE!!) and Sprint announced the new Instinct, and lowered the price of the old version at the same time, people are naturally going to want the new phone regardless of the price of the old one
    My wife was at the beach with me. She has an iPhone 3G. Her battery was still going way strong when we left.
    After 8 hours away from the charger, 7 hours of standby/sleep mode, my Pre is down to 30% battery life. That's pretty pathetic.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    What were you doing on your phone and what was she doing?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast