Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    $99 3g? nasty, they are going to try and kill Web OS and the pre at birth.

$99 today - palm have problems...
    Nah. People said the same thing with the $199 iPhone 3G when Blackberry Bold and higher end WM phones were going for $299.

You still pay the same elevated service charges monthly.
    uuuh stump for palm at $199 pricetag for 16gb, i don't care about that as I won't ever use up 8gb but I'm just saying
    I would pay an extra $200 right now to get Palm to release a Pre with a usable battery.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    $99 3g? nasty, they are going to try and kill Web OS and the pre at birth.

$99 today - palm have problems...
    I think anyone that's been reading the boards the past month kinda felt this was going to happen. You're in denial if you didn't. They have enough money that they can do this to Palm.
    Umm..MMS charge? AT&T plan the same? Tom tom a monthly? I wouldn't get excited yet as there is more to it than just price.
    I think it's time for Palm and Sprint to drop the phone to $150 and give early adopters back another $50.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I think anyone that's been reading the boards the past month kinda felt this was going to happen. You're in denial if you didn't. They have enough money that they can do this to Palm.
    I've been writing a book so haven't been around for a bit..
    Well this is the time well see if this is a new Palm or the same lame Palm. The new and improved Palm will feverishly improve and react accordingly, especially on the software updates. Its also the time for the new and improved Sprint to react on the pricing.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    So all in all I think it was ehhh
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Umm..MMS charge? AT&T plan the same?

That's the second half of this equation. There were rumours of another iPhone plan by AT&T. If its true it would make things very, very interesting. I bet there is a MMS charge though...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I still think -and hope- Palm has to announce something more for the Pre this week.. like Flash support, or something of that kind.... the $99 price point is a very good argument for the consumer...
    It's time for Palm to release a firmware update ASAP. Apple just demolished any chance of the Pre being competitve.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    To truly kill of the pre, they would have announced cheaper ATT plans.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Umm..MMS charge? AT&T plan the same? Tom tom a monthly? I wouldn't get excited yet as there is more to it than just price.

Sure but we know that consumers historically don't consider the TCO (well except for geeks like us) and just see the big $99 number.
    Speaking of MMS... I see that I can attach pictures to text messages on my Pre. I'm thinking it's not legit MMS.

Does anyone know whether this is a real MMS client or whether Sprint is still using their homegrown picmail URL hack?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I would pay an extra $200 right now to get Palm to release a Pre with a usable battery.
    Odd. I paid the same you did, and got one with a quite usable battery. Been web browsing, downloading the new apps, making calls, and playing with it all day ever since taking it off the charger at around 9:30AM.

I'm at 66 percent. I bought a car charger fearing the worst, but haven't needed it yet.
    - A a parent of four I will love having a video recorder on me at all times that also allows editing.
    - I will store my videos on my spacious 32 gig device.
    - I will be able to record hours of video on my higher capacity battery.
    - Nike+ support is awesome.
    - I will be buying.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i'm not going to lie, i've wanted an iPhone for awhile and i really only got the Pre because i thought it would be close and I couldn't justify paying a $500 deposit for a cell phone, but after playing with my Pre since saturday and watching the iPhone presentation i just don't see the hype anymore.

great, i can tune a guitar on my iPhone, except i don't play guitar.
    great, i can unlock a zipcar from my iPhone except i don't know what a zipcar is
    great, I can look at a person's vital signs on my iPhone except I'm not a doctor.

I think if Palm can be prompt with OTA updates to webOS and improve battery life through some tweaks i think the Pre is gonna be really big.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    It's time for Palm to release a firmware update ASAP. Apple just demolished any chance of the Pre being competitve.
    You REALLY see it that way? I sure as hell don't. Apple just did LESS than what everybody was expecting them to do, big whoop.
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    Did we watch the same conference? I'm on the fence to which one to buy and this didn't sway me one way or the other. Overall it was very meh.