Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtrader View Post
    As for the poster above and liability issues, that's a non-issue. Liability would rest with the software developer, not the hardware company.

This is clearly a big thing for the medical field.
    On no, you are so wrong on that one. HIPAA requirements rest with the medical provider, not with the software vendors. If/when the auditors find patient related information on non-secured PDA devices, the medical providers (who provided the information) are at fault.
    autofocus camera....nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    interesting that they felt the need to take a shot at a phone & app catalog that's been available for 2 days...
    Whatever floats their boat. Just like the high school bully bragging on how he regularly beats up on elementary school kids
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    As a guitarist, I'm just gonna say it:

Despite the fact that the Line 6 app pooped the bed onstage, I think the concept is AWESOME. Seems like you'd need extra hardware with there only being an input on the iPhone, and there being no output. You'd definitely need a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter and a few other thingies...still, cool idea.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    "faster" just catching up with the Pre
    with it's 18 apps? and @100,000 units sold?

That's catching up?

Let's think about that question in six months when we can fairly compare the two...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    video confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    On no, you are so wrong on that one. HIPAA requirements rest with the medical provider, not with the software vendors. If/when the auditors find patient related information on non-secured PDA devices, the medical providers (who provided the information) are at fault.
    Correct. I didn't flesh out my assumptions. In a violation, the patient sues the facility. Then, if there was a bug or software issue, the facility sues the developer. In the second suit the patient is not involved.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    has anyone ever figured out what the number of apps in the app store is minus crapware like shotguns, lightsabers & iFart?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    As a guitarist, I'm just gonna say it:

Despite the fact that the Line 6 app pooped the bed onstage, I think the concept is AWESOME. Seems like you'd need extra hardware with there only being an input on the iPhone, and there being no output. You'd definitely need a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter and a few other thingies...still, cool idea.
    Agreed (from another guitarist's prospective). Would have been nice to see it work though...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

That's catching up?

Let's think about that question in six months when we can fairly compare the two...
    He meant the hardware specs
    voice control
  12.    #72  
    Wow looks like everyone is fair game. They jabbed at Palm with the Apps, and they just jabbed AT&T saying if your carrier supports MMS, you can send video's - hmmmm, all must not be good with the AT&T/Apple marriage!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    ooh and we have 25 apps now
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    voice control
    Loved it on the Instinct. Glad iPhone is getting it because that puts the pressure right back on Palm and Sprint to get it on the Pre. Same goes for video recording.
    Really nothing special so far with the new iphone hardware specs. Just filling in some gaps.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I'm still undecided if I should buy a pre or a new iPhone, and I really like all the new features of OS 3.0, but after seeing all the pre pics and video's, the iphone just looks ugly in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    Wow looks like everyone is fair game. They jabbed at Palm with the Apps, and they just jabbed AT&T saying if your carrier supports MMS, you can send video's - hmmmm, all must not be good with the AT&T/Apple marriage!

That was hilarious.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

That's catching up?

Say what you want about apps, but for raw speed the Pre has more horsepower than the existing iPhone / iPhone 3G (was really surprised how much more quickly it was loading web pages than iPhone 3g / iPod Touch, yesterday). I'm sure the 3Gs will be more competitive speed-wise. It was time for a speed bump anyways.
    You have to ask what's playing now?? Just wondering why when its you know..playing..
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    He meant the hardware specs
    Thanks cardfan, that's what I meant, since the Pre has been touted -at least in the browser side- being close to 3 times faster than an iPhone
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast