Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I like the car kit from tomtom... Can't wait for one of these from Sprint or a third party.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtrader View Post
    Hospitals run secured wi-fi networks. That's where they would be used.
    The example - as presented on Gizmodo's live blog of the event - appeared to cater more to docs away from the hospital for some reason or another. But if this is truly something innovative (I'm not seeing where it is), I don't wanna crap on it.
    Ya we really need a car holder like that for the pre so we can use our pre as a gps in the car nicely, but that should be prety simple to do.
  4.    #44  
    If the hardware presentation is similar to the 3.0 software, it will bode well for Palm, as long as they take advantage of OTA updates and address the issues people are bringing up!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    It might well be there are using an old trick, you make this bit boring, so when you bring out the new hardware at the end, people get more worked up than if they were already pumped - because then all they remember is the end of the presention - like a band doing all it's best sing-along tunes at the end...
    Advantage of iphone/tom tom: Landscape, common sense to know you'll need a freaking car mount (duh), should work out of network. Just another thing sprint/palm didn't finish after the 80% mark. I'm not criticizing that much..just saying...didn't Sprint want to make some money with accessories?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Advantage of iphone/tom tom: Landscape, common sense to know you'll need a freaking car mount (duh), should work out of network. Just another thing sprint/palm didn't finish after the 80% mark. I'm not criticizing that much..just saying...didn't Sprint want to make some money with accessories?
    Repeat after me-

iphone 2+ years

Pre- 2+ days

Be Patient grasshopper
    Disadvantage: Will probably be more expensive than the Touchstone w/monthly service charges tacked onto your bill. Car dock will probably be overpriced.

But yeah, Sprint or Palm will need to unleash a car mount to match this. I think a 3rd party will beat them to it.
    I got berated by some here for saying 3.0 on the Iphone wasn't ready and would likely be delayed. Guess I was right after all.

Also nothing announced would have kept me with the phone. Great device for its time but after two years the OS is starting to show its age.

There will be growing pains with the Pre but WebOS will be shaping the future on all the carriers so Palm has a chance here (one year) to take it and run. The ball is in their court now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kineticvision View Post
    Repeat after me-

iphone 2+ years

Pre- 2+ days

Be Patient grasshopper
    2 days? More like 6 months and that's being kind. C'mon, Sprint throws such a good feature in and doesn't even provide a way to use it??? Heck, they don't even promote it hardly.
    Wow. A bunch of apps most people will never use. Woo! TomTom seems to be the nicest and most useful one but it will probably cost $20.00+ to buy the app. No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I got berated by some here for saying 3.0 on the Iphone wasn't ready and would likely be delayed. Guess I was right after all.

Also nothing announced would have kept me with the phone. Great device for its time but after two years the OS is starting to show its age.

There will be growing pains with the Pre but WebOS will be shaping the future on all the carriers so Palm has a chance here (one year) to take it and run. The ball is in their court now.

boy, you got that one wrong... June 17.
    well 3.0 is available on june 17th, next wednesday.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    are we about to get hardware????
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Disadvantage: Will probably be more expensive than the Touchstone w/monthly service charges tacked onto your bill. Car dock will probably be overpriced.

But yeah, Sprint or Palm will need to unleash a car mount to match this. I think a 3rd party will beat them to it.
    Oops..forgot about that in-app pricing. Could be a monthly bill
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    interesting that they felt the need to take a shot at a phone & app catalog that's been available for 2 days...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    are we about to get hardware????
    Announcing that now. iPhone 3Gs

(s stands for speed)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hmmm iPhone 3GS... "faster" just catching up with the Pre
    no front camera
    2 days? More like 6 months and that's being kind. C'mon, Sprint throws such a good feature in and doesn't even provide a way to use it??? Heck, they don't even promote it hardly.
    Don't provide a way to use it? That's funny cause I've been using it on the pre since Saturday.

Dude I've used telenav's gps on sprint for along time - they update that thing constantly. Be patient.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast