Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Yep, I guess if I want tethering I can do it from my Pre. Oops, wait a sec.......
    There will be an app for that
    Pushing Patient info to a Dr's phone is very cool. The iPhone will probably be the choice for most medical professionals.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I wonder how many of these iPhone apps could just simply be ported over to the Pre though. It's not like the developers have any reason to NOT make their apps available on whatever platform can handle them. If the Google team is any indication, porting and making apps for WEB OS seems to be a breeze.
    Don't despair, i dig the movie downloading/rental. The missing features and video recording. Higher specs are good too for the hardware (but i'll wait to hear about it).

I don't get front facing camera..sounds like something the teenie boppers will like though. In-app purchasing will be good for developers but not us. And those notifications look terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
    I wonder how many of these iPhone apps could just simply be ported over to the Pre though. It's not like the developers have any reason to NOT make their apps available on whatever platform can handle them. If the Google team is any indication, porting and making apps for WEB OS seems to be a breeze.
    its not just the app. The 3.0 sdk allows the iPhone to be hooked up to medical (and other) type of devices.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    MMS on 3.0 will be ready at the end of summer on AT&T - (the funny part is they're serious)
    wow, wonder why the delay?
    ya but it seems like they are showing off allot of applications, no real new features, all this can be ported over if the developer chooses to do so.
    So far I'm not seeing anything that would encourage me to stick with the iPhone over the Pre.
    Especially since my co-worker has a pre and let me play with it.

OMG that thing is sweet!
    Speaking of the medical uses...would you want to trust a doctor who's using an iphone for that stuff? Apple should stay out of that for liability reasons. Too much other stuff to get into that provides better value.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Pushing Patient info to a Dr's phone is very cool. The iPhone will probably be the choice for most medical professionals.
    I don't know if I want to literally bet my life on the integrity of AT&T's 3G network, tho. I'm thinkinnnnnnnnnnnnnnng......no?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    is it me or does iphone 3.0 look like just a bunch of new apps?

wth

(so far, im following the announcement right now)
    They haven't announced the hardware yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Don't despair, i dig the movie downloading/rental.
    Yeah, Palm/Sprint/Amazon/somebody needs to get a content app for video happening on this device ASAP. Correct me if I am wrong, but while it syncs up to iTunes, it won't play movies and TV shows bought on iTunes, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I don't know if I want to literally bet my life on the integrity of AT&T's 3G network, tho. I'm thinkinnnnnnnnnnnnnnng......no?
    Hospitals run secured wi-fi networks. That's where they would be used.

As for the poster above and liability issues, that's a non-issue. Liability would rest with the software developer, not the hardware company.

This is clearly a big thing for the medical field.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    And wipe feature if you lose your phone.

one of my alltime fav butler features was remote wipe via a sms txt message. Losing your phone is horrible.. but some times the data on the actual phone is far worse to lose than the phone it'self. plus when you sent the command the phone would be rendered useless which was another lil bonus

I believe there is a reset phone through the palm profile, just haven't tested it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah, Palm/Sprint/Amazon/somebody needs to get a content app for video happening on this device ASAP. Correct me if I am wrong, but while it syncs up to iTunes, it won't play movies and TV shows bought on iTunes, right?
    Music videos? yes..

Movies, tv, etc? NO

Amazon is best here if palm could partner up. Surprised they haven't..
    Apple stock is -4.26
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDC View Post
    one of my alltime fav butler features was remote wipe via a sms txt message. Losing your phone is horrible.. but some times the data on the actual phone is far worse to lose than the phone it'self. plus when you sent the command the phone would be rendered useless which was another lil bonus

I believe there is a reset phone through the palm profile, just haven't tested it yet.
    I wouldn't touch the phone reset yet through palm. The article on the front page sounded like a girl did that and bricked her phone.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDC View Post
    based on that story that was on the front page earlier, i wouldn't recommend it.

btw, i'm underwhelmed so far by this presentation.

all this time spent on "star defense"?

really?

they're just showing off apps, and by the look of some of the new features the OS is starting to look a little cluttered. JMHO
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    All those new apps just a way of promoting the platform... and those apps show the new features... hooking devices is not new, but on a mobile platform of millions of users, is somewhat significant... but nothing another platform can't do, -as long as SDKs are available...-
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast